Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming for Garuda - WTF w/Gems????

Zeoran

I'm a relatively new player.  I created an account and first started playing when the game first dropped, but I didn't play long and didn't pick it up again until about a month ago.

I'm no newcomer to having to farm things.  And I've already done TONS of farming for all sorts of other items, weapons, frames in the game before Fortuna dropped.  But for the love of RNG, making part of her requirements be gems that require the 2nd highest standing in the Solaris syndicate is just a big middle finger to players with a lower MR rating.  I'm sure for all those MR24 players, getting up to rank 4 only takes a couple of days.  But for those of us who are still under MR10, it takes WEEKS to get up to rank 4 just to get the bloody blueprint to make the stupid gems.  It's bad enough that you have to pray to RNGesus to get the raw materials for the gems while mining but to make the blueprint require the 2nd highest syndicate rank is just sadistic with a side of cruel.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zeoran said:

I'm sure for all those MR24 players, getting up to rank 4 only takes a couple of days.

Now this just shows a complete lack of understanding in how the syndicates work. I am MR25, it took a week or so. That is much more than "a couple of days".

I agree that it was a bad decision having Garuda require high tier materials. I cannot see any logic in it aside from Garuda just being another "cash grab" for DE.

13 hours ago, Zeoran said:

It's bad enough that you have to pray to RNGesus to get the raw materials for the gems while mining

Honestly, this was not even a consideration for me. I had enough materials to make Garuda after about an hour or two. The only issue was gem blueprint acquisition.

5 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Honestly, this was not even a consideration for me. I had enough materials to make Garuda after about an hour or two. The only issue was gem blueprint acquisition.

Same. Getting gems isn't hard at all. Just go find caves and mine. The problem is arbitrary standing lockouts in a system with daily caps. I've always hated rep grinds in games, hated daily systems, and combining them is among the most unholy of gaming sins. So far, there are many, MANY reasons I dislike Fortuna, and very few that I do like about it.

4 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

I've always hated rep grinds in games, hated daily systems, and combining them is among the most unholy of gaming sins.

Me too. This had a significant negative impact on my view of Fortuna. Too much just seemed like blatant cash grabs. A frame that needs Tier 4 standing to get? The worst sentinel ever released needing Tier 5 standing? The time gate on all the new weapon research? Fortuna only having half the content it is meant to? It all just adds up to a mediocore update. Sure, Garuda is a fun frame, and MOA's are cute if nothing else. But really, so much could have been done so much better. I have spent significantly more time 'forgetting the game is open' since Fortuna released than actually playing - the content is all time gated. So there is little incentive to actually play.

12 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You can buy the Radiant Zodiac and Marquise Thyst for a couple of plat

It's just cash grab no matter how you say it, isn't it?

Edit:

Those materials from the daily specials should never have been plat purchases. They should have been credits or credits + something else (reasonable, like polymer, plastids, oxium, cryo, etc).

Edited by FrostDragoon

vor 1 Stunde schrieb FrostDragoon:

It's just cash grab no matter how you say it, isn't it?

Edit:

Those materials from the daily specials should never have been plat purchases. They should have been credits or credits + something else (reasonable, like polymer, plastids, oxium, cryo, etc).

Yeah it is. And? Do you expect from a F2P game something different?

You pay for time.

First off, krc473my "couple of days" was meant to be hyperbolic.  It was intended to make the point that even high-level players need a lot of time to get the stupid gem bp's, so for us lower MR rank players it will take weeks to months and that's just unreasonable...EVEN FOR A FTP game.

WIth a F2P game, I expect a heavy amount of grinding, otherwise their 'pay to go faster' mechanic isn't worth it and they don't make as much money.  That's the tradeoff we agree to when we play the game.  We can pay plat or we can grind.  I get that.  But putting the gem blueprints at that high of a rank restriction is just absurd.  It shouldn't have been beyond the 3rd rank at most.  And the vendor isn't always selling the gems for plat either.  I only remember seeing that on launch day.  He hasn't done it again since to my knowledge.

Some of us can't afford the plat that's required for that.  I'm an unemployed single parent.  I don't have the money for plat nor have I gotten enough high end stuff to trade for plat to buy it either. However, I can mine for the raw gems, it's just lame/stupid/ridiculous that they put the gem blueprint at such a high ranking.  When even high end MR ranking players need weeks to farm high enough rank to buy the bp, then something's wrong. 

vor 46 Minuten schrieb Zeoran:

Some of us can't afford the plat that's required for that.  I'm an unemployed single parent.  I don't have the money for plat nor have I gotten enough high end stuff to trade for plat to buy it either. However, I can mine for the raw gems, it's just lame/stupid/ridiculous that they put the gem blueprint at such a high ranking.  When even high end MR ranking players need weeks to farm high enough rank to buy the bp, then something's wrong. 

You don't need high end stuff to make plat, you can LITERALLY sell ANY Prime Blueprint, with the current unvaulted stuff it's even easier to make some decent Plat Profit!

Problem -> Solution

P.S.

vor 53 Minuten schrieb Zeoran:

When even high end MR ranking players need weeks to farm high enough rank to buy the bp

That's just not true, it took me a little less then one Week (not weeks) to get everything to start building her and finished building a couple of hours ago.

On 2018-11-17 at 8:04 PM, FrostDragoon said:

Agree. Her crafting requirements are horrible. It's almost like they are blatantly trying to frustrate people into buying her with plat instead, but I simply refuse. This is shady $#!7.

Right, when I first saw her part requirements I was like "wth, can't it be something easier to farm?"
But when I thoroughly understand how do we farm those items she isn't hard to farm afterall.

• 2 years later...

off topic: I noticed that the ores spawning in orb vallis is less because there is more ground area, deimos there are many ores and eidolon is between both spawning quantities.

if ore generation is the same for all terrain, more terrain = less ore. this is bad for orb vallis.

On 2018-11-17 at 12:12 AM, Zeoran said:

But for the love of RNG, making part of her requirements be gems that require the 2nd highest standing in the Solaris syndicate is just a big middle finger to players with a lower MR rating.

It is ?

The thing about Fortuna is that it's significantly more Difficult than Cetus so Gems/Fishing/Conservation is actually the best way to earn Standing for Low MR players than doing Bounties....

In other words.... By the time you reach the right Tier with Solaris United you would in theory already have all the Gems you need for Garuda....

The big problem is this.... There's absolutely no way for a low MR Player to know this... Usually it happens by accident by players who happen to already enjoy those Activities.

On 2018-11-19 at 8:26 PM, armoreddemon said:

it's the torids that get my goat.  

Salt Intensifies !!! 😠