Am I Just Old? Did "Set" Change?

Max7238

Question

I'm not crazy, right? When you say you're selling a "set," it's because you're selling everything required to make it, yes?
"Akvasto Prime Set" means the two Vasto Prime, the Akvasto Prime Blueprint and Link... Right?? That's how I've bought Aklex Prime, Akbronco Prime...
Did this change when I wasn't looking???

9 answers to this question

Well yes and no. You're using common sense logic. Common sense would say you need to trade 2 sets of vasto prime, the bp and the link. However in warframe trading a 'trend' emerged a few years back to call 'ak' sets only for its bp and link, without the 2 sets of the 'singular' weapon.

Its a common mistake for relatevly new people to trading in warframe. 

Edited by scourge213

Warframe.market needs to update, then. They're spreading false information by doing that - since they're supposed to reflect what players actually do in-game. Certainly explains my seller's confusion when I offered to pay half for the first bunch and half for the second.

2 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

For some reason, when it's a weapon that needs other weapons to be built, only the parts for that new weapon are referred to as a set...examples:
https://warframe.market/items/akvasto_prime_set
https://warframe.market/items/akbronco_prime_set

I find it a bit odd myself...but I've come to accept it...

Why on earth would I just "accept it"? It ruins the last several years of the term's usage! Further, it means both buyers AND sellers have to split what USED to be a set and trade with multiple people to get what they want!

7 minutes ago, Max7238 said:

Why on earth would I just "accept it"? It ruins the last several years of the term's usage! Further, it means both buyers AND sellers have to split what USED to be a set and trade with multiple people to get what they want!

To clarify on my previous point about the 'trend', about its historical reasons to emerge. It should explain why you should 'just accept it'. 'Ak' weapons come way after its singular versions, meaning that most players would already have 2 or more sets of the singular weapon. Meaning that for them the new 'set' is actually only a bp and a link. Thus why people started to call the 2 parts a 'set'. Its perfectly correct term nowadays, as it has 'historical' grounding. Wherever you'd accept it or not is your choice, of course. But it would be best if you actually accept it.

Akvasto also follows the same patern.

Edited by scourge213

10 minutes ago, Max7238 said:

Let's not get over-dramatic here. It's not that big of a deal. And it's made quite clear on the trading site as well.
If you don't accept it...what are you going to do? Quit? Over something like this?

46 minutes ago, Max7238 said:

I'm not crazy, right? When you say you're selling a "set," it's because you're selling everything required to make it, yes?
"Akvasto Prime Set" means the two Vasto Prime, the Akvasto Prime Blueprint and Link... Right?? That's how I've bought Aklex Prime, Akbronco Prime...
Did this change when I wasn't looking???

Here is the build up for akvasto prime

1x vasto prime

--- 1x vasto prime barrel 

--- 1x vasto prime receiver

--- 1x vasto prime bp

---------------------------------------

you need 2 sets of this

so 2x vasto prime barrels 

2x vasto prime receivers

2x vasto prime bp's

then you have only vasto's not akvasto prime

Akvasto prime needs