Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catchmoon's collision boxes need a look.

Aket

Asides from weird issues with point blank shots veering off in random directions, the biggest thing that hinders the Catchmoon is that its collision box is the same size as the projectile. This means that it's very frustrating to hit enemies standing next to a wall, boxes, railing, or pretty much anything. The collision box needs to be drastically reduced.

Here's a clip demonstrating the issue:

This doesn't happen at all with the Arca Plasmor because its wall collision is significantly smaller than the actual projectile. The Catchmoon would feel a lot better if it functioned similarly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

That's because Arca Plasmor seemingly has a small projectile with a "damage aura" on it. The Catchmoon, on the other hand, as you said yourself, seems to just be a big projectile.

Correct. And I think the Catchmoon would feel a lot better if it functioned the same way as the Plasmor.

I was trying to shoot a crate at point blank range and it just would not break it. I also noticed that if you are using Nekros or have one in your group and summon a Nullifier, the bubble will cause the projectile to pop. Having a friendly Null or two in play means you pretty much can't use your Kitgun. 

4 hours ago, Vitamin.Ex said:

I was trying to shoot a crate at point blank range and it just would not break it. I also noticed that if you are using Nekros or have one in your group and summon a Nullifier, the bubble will cause the projectile to pop. Having a friendly Null or two in play means you pretty much can't use your Kitgun. 

Yeah, the point at which the projectile comes out of the gun is probably set too far out.

Another thing to note is that it can't go through volt's shields if there is more than one place. One works just fine for some reason

Yeah can confirm the projectile leaves the barrel too far out, anything at close range it will clip through without hitting. Have also noticed the projectile terminating short on clipping the floor in front of an enemy as well, I even named it the "Mini Plasmor" but as far as the projectile goes it's anything but.

Some tweaks would be nice, but I like it as is too.

From what I've seen, the projectile has to travel a short distance out in front of you and condense into the energy cheerio of death. Kind of like Corinth's airburst, but the distance it needs to travel is only like 1-2m. That why if you're shooting at someone directly in front of you, it doesn't hit them and fires the projectile out behind them. Also, if you're aiming at the ground at too harsh of an angle, the edge of the projectile ring forms and immediately hits the ground, making it dissipate and seem like the gun misfired, which seems to also be causing some issues for people. When you do this, it just bursts before it can go anywhere and leaves behind a cloud of particles, so it's pretty easy to tell when you're aiming low. The bounce against walls when you're right in front of them is something I'm guessing is tied into the "it needs a meter or two to get going" mechanic.

Buuuuut, I could be wrong about the way the ring forms though. That could also be a bug. WF is pretty good about setting the origination point for hitscan beams and projectiles based on the guns length. Like if you stick a Rubico's barrel through a grineers chest until it pokes out of his back and pull the trigger, the shot generates behind him, and doesn't actually hit him. Meanwhile you'll almost never have that problem with the Baza, since its a stubby SMG and not a sniper rifle. If there's one set point for generation for all kitguns, based on Tombfinger/ Gaze length lets say, then that could be causing the gap and delay too, since a Catchmoon's obviously much shorter. It does seem be firing slightly off center too, usually slightly up and to the right of the reticle.

As for using it currently, you gotta level off at head height parallel to the ground, then it'll clean out hallways like a champ. It has infinite enemy punchthrough as long as it doesn't clip a static object/ the ground. It rewards thinking out shot paths, and works better when you feel out the projectiles flight path, instead of trying to ADS and get it directly on the dot. Basically what I'm getting at is that I'm pretty sure it works like this on purpose to limit it. Trimming up the detection box that makes it dissipate without affecting it's actual damaging hitbox would be nice, and if the projectiles are generating at the wrong distance, then that definitely needs to be fixed, but unlike the Tombfinger, I'm happy with it either way.

It would be nice if DE would explain how things are intended to work as well. It would be easier to tell the difference between bugs/ features.

1 hour ago, Hyohakusha said:

As for using it currently, you gotta level off at head height parallel to the ground, then it'll clean out hallways like a champ. It has infinite enemy punchthrough as long as it doesn't clip a static object/ the ground. It rewards thinking out shot paths, and works better when you feel out the projectiles flight path, instead of trying to ADS and get it directly on the dot. Basically what I'm getting at is that I'm pretty sure it works like this on purpose to limit it. Trimming up the detection box that makes it dissipate without affecting it's actual damaging hitbox would be nice, and if the projectiles are generating at the wrong distance, then that definitely needs to be fixed, but unlike the Tombfinger, I'm happy with it either way.

It would be nice if DE would explain how things are intended to work as well. It would be easier to tell the difference between bugs/ features.

Yeah, the main issue with using it like that is that a lot of tilesets have random clutter/obstacles/railings sticking out. Not to even mention enemies standing in corners, they're a nightmare to hit with this thing

I've been dealing with this as well.  Its mostly fine in open-world areas, but in older tilesets it's downright painful to try and aim around anything that can block my shot.

At the vary least, some punchthrough (or at least the capacity to support punchthrough) is needed

4 hours ago, Zavenosk said:

I've been dealing with this as well.  Its mostly fine in open-world areas, but in older tilesets it's downright painful to try and aim around anything that can block my shot.

At the vary least, some punchthrough (or at least the capacity to support punchthrough) is needed

I've actually run it with Seeker in hopes of alleviating the issue and the Punchthrough seems to either be bugged or the projectile is so big that 2.1 Punchthrough doesn't actually do anything to help the issue.

1 hour ago, Aket said:

I've actually run it with Seeker in hopes of alleviating the issue and the Punchthrough seems to either be bugged or the projectile is so big that 2.1 Punchthrough doesn't actually do anything to help the issue.

hence the "compatibility to support punchthrough"

I had the same problem multiple times. It is not as noticeable in opens areas of course, but a huge issue in regular, smaller tile sets. 

I literally had. Moments, were I was standing just a few feet away from an enemy, but I was unable to hit him, because the shot would explode in front of me hitting a doorway or some railing. 

It's unbelievably annoying to a degree where I don't wanna use the catchmoon anymore. 

I hope this gets fixed. 

I feel like an easy fix instead of making it too similar to the arca plasmor which i imagine they wanna avoid, to just give it a little innate punch through so tiny things in the way like that it will just go through. Its not even really a buff to give it punch through cause it already goes through as many enemies as it wants. It would just make it feel so much more satisfying and not a chore to use.

Edit: Putting punch through on it yourself doesn't even fix the issue, tested it, and it changed absolutely nothing

Edited by Attacker369
  • Like 1