Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LifeofRio appreciation thread

Legion-Shields

7 minutes ago, BlackPanda39 said:

He speak freely, that's the only reason that I subscribe to him. The other youtuber seems always afraid of pointing things, or act like everything's ok.

Maybe it is 'ok' and they have no delusions what the game is and will be. And they don't whip up their fans for something the game isn't just to fill time because they decided to base their livelihood making vids on a single free to play game they are burnt out on.

Anyway, that's my vibe of the content.

Edited by Firetempest

2 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Maybe it is 'ok' and they have no delusions what the game is and will be. And they don't whip up their fans for something the game isn't just to fill time because they decided to base their livelihood making vids on a single free to play game they are burnt out on.

well, he has a job and works 40h+ every week (said that at least) so I dont think he like some others(maybe, I dont know) depends on youtube for a living

33 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

Ok but why no?

I was going to try and answer this but Firetempest said it more succinctly

8 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

I don't have anything against that dude, and genuinely used to enjoy watching his vids....I just see no reason nowadays for me to celebrate him either.

Sure, he funny..I mean how can basically playing the role of every male in Family Matters (with both Steve and Stefan included) not be funny?

But I'm tired of seeing his opinions parroted by folks on the forums daily...It's too much influence for someone being handsomely compensated to play the game to begin with.

That said, He has every right to his opinion though...He just also has two (really three) forums in which to share it and direct access to the devs.

Does that make more sense @Legion-Shields?

6 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

I was going to try and answer this but Firetempest said it more succinctly

I don't have anything against that dude, and genuinely used to enjoy watching his vids....I just see no reason nowadays for me to celebrate him either.

Sure, he funny..I mean how can basically playing the role of every male in Family Matters (with both Steve and Stefan included) not be funny?

But I'm tired of seeing his opinions parroted by folks on the forums daily...It's too much influence for someone being handsomely compensated to play the game to begin with.

That said, He has every right to his opinion though...He just also has two (really three) forums in which to share it and direct access to the devs.

Does that make more sense @Legion-Shields?

I don’t see his name mentioned here too often, but I sense a much stronger doom and gloom atmosphere from this forum than I do from his videos. The way you word your post seems sensible though.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Rio just makes clickbait.

nothing more, nothing less.

His opinions add nothing to the community or the game.

I’d appreciate it if he left YouTube forever.

I was trying to remember who Rio is since I pay more attention tobthe partners who stream, but what i mainly remember is a lot of clickbait

Rio's videos are formulaic, boring to watch, and have only some humor in them, but most of the time his "but Rio..." deep voice bits are annoying.  Also titled to be click bait.

He's hardcore into "endgame" which, watching his boring videos, suggests it's "find a corner with limited ground access, set up camp, wait for the enemy to come to you, make sure they can't hurt you, and keep going until you get bored or real life calls."  If that's "endgame," no wonder DE isn't devoting resources to what some people call "endgame."  How anyone can find it remotely entertaining to watch the clock while occasionally hitting left click, let alone watch someone do that, is beyond me.  He might as well do pod casts.  Show his $#!% to any self respecting shooter gamer, and they'll never touch Warframe (while busting a gut over the notion that what he's doing is "challenging.")

That said, the actual verbal message is hit or miss with me, and a lot of it is fluff acting to pad for time.  His latest videos about challenge and bemoaning DE nerfing Fortuna (which he doesn't even play) I definitely don't agree with, especially since he's actively presenting what he does when confronted with said "challenge" in the first place in his videos.

But mostly, like any other youtuber, he's presenting news that typically can be found on this site, and giving his opinion on it.  Not exactly thought provoking content.

Lotus, some people need to play other shooters for a reality check.

Edited by Littleman88

16 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

Rio's videos are formulaic, boring to watch, and have only some humor in them, but most of the time his "but Rio..." deep voice bits are annoying.  Also titled to be click bait.

He's hardcore into "endgame" which, watching his boring videos, suggests it's "find a corner with limited ground access, set up camp, wait for the enemy to come to you, make sure they can't hurt you, and keep going until you get bored or real life calls."  If that's "endgame," no wonder DE isn't devoting resources to what some people call "endgame."  How anyone can find it remotely entertaining to watch the clock while occasionally hitting left click, let alone watch someone do that, is beyond me.  He might as well do pod casts.  Show his $#!% to any self respecting shooter gamer, and they'll never touch Warframe (while busting a gut over the notion that what he's doing is "challenging.")

That said, the actual verbal message is hit or miss with me, and a lot of it is fluff acting to pad for time.  His latest videos about challenge and bemoaning DE nerfing Fortuna (which he doesn't even play) I definitely don't agree with, especially since he's actively presenting what he does when confronted with said "challenge" in the first place in his videos.

But mostly, like any other youtuber, he's presenting news that typically can be found on this site, and giving his opinion on it.  Not exactly thought provoking content.

Lotus, some people need to play other shooters for a reality check.

From my experience in game and on these forums most don’t even treat Warframe like a shooter in the first place, especially given that any time mice are brought up it’s always MMO mice with a number pad on the side that get mentioned. 

I would assume most of the satisfaction he gets from long endless runs is in the theory crafting, like most people. I don’t expect shooter purists to be impressed by meme strike spam either.

..... alright, i feel like the OP may be a troll, one of those who hate Life Of Rio and just call anyone agreeing with him a sheep that have no opinions and only follows other, but in case he is not, i will try to help.

look, i am also a fan of LifeOfRio, but he doesn't deserves a... thread, to his glory. nor that any other youtuber does. he simply does video that some might find more original, true, or funny than others. he helps shaking up things. but doing a thread to his name, for the sole purpose of it, it dumb. so i don't know if you really like him and genuinely want to help and do a nice thing, or if you only troll by poorly imitating the "sheeps" ( in which case you would be really pathetic. ) but this kind of threads only looks... arrogant? i don't find a good word for it, but you don't do that, come on.

2 minutes ago, mikakor said:

..... alright, i feel like the OP may be a troll, one of those who hate Life Of Rio and just call anyone agreeing with him a sheep that have no opinions and only follows other, but in case he is not, i will try to help.

look, i am also a fan of LifeOfRio, but he doesn't deserves a... thread, to his glory. nor that any other youtuber does. he simply does video that some might find more original, true, or funny than others. he helps shaking up things. but doing a thread to his name, for the sole purpose of it, it dumb. so i don't know if you really like him and genuinely want to help and do a nice thing, or if you only troll by poorly imitating the "sheeps" ( in which case you would be really pathetic. ) but this kind of threads only looks... arrogant? i don't find a good word for it, but you don't do that, come on.

ok sorry