Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LifeofRio appreciation thread

Legion-Shields

This is priceless.

That trash doesn't deserve any appreciation.

If DE actually listened to him this game would be dead in the water by now.

Let's see what are all the parts of Warframe that Rio hates?

Raids, Elite Onslaught, Defection, Spy, Extermination, Arbitrations, Archwing, Excavation, Eidolons, Operators, Focus, Hijack, Void Fissures (except Survival), all Open World content.

Now what does Rio like?

Survival, Defense (as long as they last between 3 & 8hrs), Void Survival Fissures

He also sets a double standard.

He prides himself as a Solo player yet he makes vids clamoring for "Challenging Content" that promotes group play. Yet he says tries to play solo.

He calls the actual bulk of the community "bite-sized" because he joins random Public games where generally players just want to get the mission done, but he feels every game he joins should have the duration a shift of work.

He is extremely condescending & insulting to his fanbase by making false positivity claims while insulting them.

"Hey. I want you to know that someone loves & cares about you. Always remember that fam."

"Hey all LifeofRio here. Just here to talk about how bad you all suck at this game. How you don't know your feet from your face."

But hey...he said to focus on nice things so it's ok right?

Also, he constantly moans about how no one wants to play Survival for nearly 8hrs like him. How his builds are so awesome...but when you watch them he plays like a coward & has the skill of a Blind Lemming.

Rio's vids all equate to:

-Find a dead end room.

-Shoot Zenistar at the doorway floor.

-Shoot enemies who charge into the room through the flames in a single file congo line.

Even worse...

Rio loves to shoot down new ideas & content that he won't even attempt to play.

He refused to play PoE yet loved to try & dictate how bad it is as if it was fact.

He refuses to play Fortuna because it's not where Warframe should go.

No...

Warframe needs to remain a bland Corridor Shooter where the true endgame is sitting in the corner of a room for 5+hrs with your thumb up your rear end.

Might as well make the game a endless runner.

I digress...

Rio loves to S#&$ on Operators & Open World Content yet he refuses to partake in said gameplay & actually bother to give it a chance/see if it's any good.

Does he have a right to play how he sees fit? Yes.

Does he have the right to his opinion? Yes.

Does he have the right to speak as if his viewpoints are fact? No.

Does he have the right to S#&$ on content he hasn't even stepped foot in? Hell no. (Opinion is one thing. Acting as if he's right & knows all about it without ever playing it? That's another thing all together.)

He's as Toxic as that two-faced weasel AGGP. Warframe partners like them are an embarrassment impo. But hey, the click-bait is good advertising so what can you do?

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

This is priceless.

That trash doesn't deserve any appreciation.

If DE actually listened to him this game would be dead in the water by now.

Let's see what are all the parts of Warframe that Rio hates?

Raids, Elite Onslaught, Defection, Spy, Extermination, Arbitrations, Archwing, Excavation, Eidolons, Operators, Focus, Hijack, Void Fissures (except Survival), all Open World content.

Now what does Rio like?

Survival, Defense (as long as they last between 3 & 8hrs), Void Survival Fissures

He also sets a double standard.

He prides himself as a Solo player yet he makes vids clamoring for "Challenging Content" that promotes group play. Yet he says tries to play solo.

He calls the actual bulk of the community "bite-sized" because he joins random Public games where generally players just want to get the mission done, but he feels every game he joins should have the duration a shift of work.

He is extremely condescending & insulting to his fanbase by making false positivity claims while insulting them.

"Hey. I want you to know that someone loves & cares about you. Always remember that fam."

"Hey all LifeofRio here. Just here to talk about how bad you all suck at this game. How you don't know your feet from your face."

But hey...he said to focus on nice things so it's ok right?

Also, he constantly moans about how no one wants to play Survival for nearly 8hrs like him. How his builds are so awesome...but when you watch them he plays like a coward & has the skill of a Blind Lemming.

Rio's vids all equate to:

-Find a dead end room.

-Shoot Zenistar at the doorway floor.

-Shoot enemies who charge into the room through the flames in a single file congo line.

Even worse...

Rio loves to shoot down new ideas & content that he won't even attempt to play.

He refused to play PoE yet loved to try & dictate how bad it is as if it was fact.

He refuses to play Fortuna because it's not where Warframe should go.

No...

Warframe needs to remain a bland Corridor Shooter where the true endgame is sitting in the corner of a room for 5+hrs with your thumb up your rear end.

Might as well make the game a endless runner.

I digress...

Rio loves to S#&$ on Operators & Open World Content yet he refuses to partake in said gameplay & actually bother to give it a chance/see if it's any good.

Does he have a right to play how he sees fit? Yes.

Does he have the right to his opinion? Yes.

Does he have the right to speak as if his viewpoints are fact? No.

Does he have the right to S#&$ on content he hasn't even stepped foot in? Hell no. (Opinion is one thing. Acting as if he's right & knows all about it without ever playing it? That's another thing all together.)

He's as Toxic as that two-faced weasel AGGP. Warframe partners like them are an embarrassment impo. But hey, the click-bait is good advertising so what can you do?

jeez, tell me about being a PURE hater. you're the perfect exemple of the total opposite  of the spectrum. there is the total follower who don't critize anything, and you, the hater who will hate EVERYTHING, even if it's good xD could you not, please? so much toxicity and salt this soon in the morning, it's not good for you 😉 

PS : the devs DO listen to him for some stuff. you would know if you would look at his videos, but you're too busy hating and spitting out poison to know, so... yeah, guess that's it.

Edited by mikakor

Just now, Bombarder0 said:

omagud Rio the warframe community is waiting for your thoughts on garuda

well, some people are waiting on it, it's true. just like some are waiting on Brozime, leyzar gaming, MCgamerz...  lots if different youtuber. i'm a fan of him and he DO have great things to say, but i don't know that anyone consider him like jesus... but some people might place him a bit too high above the others, can't deny it.

Edited by mikakor

Justo ahora, mikakor dijo:

well, some people are waiting on it, it's true. just like some are waiting on Brozime, leyzar gaming, MCgamerz...  lots if different youtuber. i'm a fan of him and he DO have great things to say, but i don't know that anyone consider him like jesus... but some people might place him a bit too high above the others, can't deny it.

Agreed,I am not S#&$ting on rio or anything,but some people consider youtubers the "final word",and jeez those titles he puts in the videos,like if the game was for him with titles like "umm careful"

8 minutes ago, Bombarder0 said:

Agreed,I am not S#&$ting on rio or anything,but some people consider youtubers the "final word",and jeez those titles he puts in the videos,like if the game was for him with titles like "umm careful"

well, he looks like he does have a bigger point of view than others. when he makes a video about this or that subject, he always look at it from both side ( for exemple, the recent nerf Fortuna, giving both the point of view of the noob player, and the vet player ). his titles may not be to the taste of everyone ( they are often not mines ) but they are bringing the click enough to make it shared and talked about. with the content of the video, of course. ( i also think that his deep relaxing voice helps a lot xD )

as for "the final word" .... i would say that, rather the youtuber being the final word, it would be more like "careful, because they CAN give the final word" . because of their large audience that can, following what they say, indeed make it the final word about how people perceive this or that. Rio does often brings a lot of true things that needs to be looked at or improved, but making him a god knowing everything and always be right, is, indeed, not the thing to do.

Edited by mikakor

44 minutes ago, mikakor said:

jeez, tell me about being a PURE hater. you're the perfect exemple of the total opposite  of the spectrum. there is the total follower who don't critize anything, and you, the hater who will hate EVERYTHING, even if it's good xD could you not, please? so much toxicity and salt this soon in the morning, it's not good for you 😉 

PS : the devs DO listen to him for some stuff. you would know if you would look at his videos, but you're too busy hating and spitting out poison to know, so... yeah, guess that's it.

I have listened to his videos.

I can't stand them anymore. Condescending & fake "positivity" aside.

He finds hot topics, makes clickbait, then acts as if he's some big voice in the community.

He use to be an absolute Troll if you remember back a bit.

And call me a hater all you want. I do not respect folks who won't even be bothered to attempt new content because they don't agree with it.

Sometimes you need to try new things.

I also strongly dislike how he talks down to new players, & disrespects people who don't make the game a job.

He obviously just plays & makes videos for clicks. Cause he seems to hate the bulk of the game.

And yeah, DE has listened to him in the past. But DE also has listened to Rob and other streamers.

I never said Rio is always wrong.

He does get some things right.

But if he had his way this game would be all Survival. We'd have no Open World Maps, No Cinematic Quests, No Archwing, No K-Drive, No Zaws.

I'll gladly be called venomous on this topic.

Did you watch his Umbra video? Where he openly admits that maybe he should start trying out new content instead of boycotting it blindly?

Edit:

For example...he made a video on Fortuna's "nerf". Yet he won't step foot in Fortuna.

Mogamu & other respectable streamers have atleast played the content, experienced both sides of the "nerf" & then given feedback on it.

Now THAT deserves respect. As they can speak from experience & testing. Not conjecture.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

6 minutes ago, mikakor said:

a bit being... how many months? it's been maybe less than a years that i'm following him.

I use to follow him. Was subbed for about 2years.

To be fair & to his credit.

He reduced his trolling somewhat about...I want to say around/just before PoE launch.

Post PoE he started to fall more in line with other streamers & his trolling became much less apparent.

Post Sacrifice I admit he doesn't troll nearly as much anymore.

But by his own admission, his trolling made it hard for DE to take his word seriously.

So I assume he learned that if he wants his feedback to land he needs to clean up.

Edit:

I give credit where it is due.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

If anyone deserves a appreciation thread it's the S#&$posters like Better name and Omni voice, those guys are hilarious. This Rio guy on the other hand has 30 minute long videos babbling about bottle neck shirts or some rubbish while a video of him doing void survival while camping somewhere and throwing a zenistar disc out once in a while plays in the background

I just have a low opinion of warframe content creators. Most of the time it's "meta" this and "veterans" that and "my opinion is the one true way, if you don't agree prepare for a smiting" those. Half the time I see a vid posted here, it's because the poster can't form an opinion themselves. So Rio is no different, especially with his doom and gloom new anything hating clickbait garbage. Just like Brozime, just like aggp, I'd rather watch a 24 hour video about the history of drywall than listen to garbage. But this is all my opinion anyways, so don't stop enjoying what you enjoy. 

This thread went about as well as expected, and hoped. 

LifeOfRio is narrow minded and dishonest, very few people will look past that.

You'd get a better response OP by making a DeMonkey appreciation thread, and that would still go terribly because I'm a horrible person. :tongue:

20 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

This thread went about as well as expected, and hoped. 

LifeOfRio is narrow minded and dishonest, very few people will look past that.

You'd get a better response OP by making a DeMonkey appreciation thread, and that would still go terribly because I'm a horrible person. :tongue:

How dare you give me an idea

I had never heard of him, went to check his channel and saw the video titles. The click-baiting is so blatant it's not even funny.

S*it like this is why YouTube should have an option to blacklist channels.

So far I've seen maybe two or three(?) of his videos. Mostly because every once and a while people will drop what amounts to "Look what Rio Said" threads with the youtube video and maybe two sentences stating how they agree and everyone should watch it. 

Thus far all the videos I have watched have started with with what feels like a disingenuous maybe to the point of being hypocritical "stay positive fam" blurb. Followed by a diatribes that frequently become hyperbolic and fails to retain that "stay positive" message. Which to me feels like the "stay positive" blurb exists for the soul purpose of justifying/offsetting all the negativity he's about to spew. 

I've watched what amounts to the same opinions expressed by other partners but in a much more constructive way sans the hyperbole. While I don't expressly agree with all of them I'm far more receptive to those positions when they are delivered with more tact. 

I suppose I could say I appreciate his enthusiasm(?) but honestly based on the delivery I'm not sure how much of that is genuine love for the game and how much is love of clicks/views.