Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GenjuTheAutistNinja

Melee 3.0...

Recommended Posts

Is NOT this year... meaning we won't be seeing that sick 2 handed nikana (odachi) this year further pushing it back 😕

Why not have it release with revenant like it was supposed to be? I believe the excuse was that they did not want to release it because of the melee changes coming in the soonish future but its been pushed back so many times now due to new implementations and such. 

 It has now been a full year, and we're still waiting 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good, I'd rather they take their time and get it right, on what is an almost full revision of a core system, than rush it out the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Illithar said:

Good, I'd rather they take their time and get it right, on what is an almost full revision of a core system, than rush it out the door.

I agree with not rushing melee 3.0, my issue with it is tying the odachi to it, imo it would have been better to release the new category and then work on it later instead of just holding it to release with melee 3.0, it's not like that single weapon and it's stance would be as much work as all the other tons of weapons and categories with their respective stances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because it was it's own stance type meaning they'd need to go and make the stance and combo animations all just to go and scrap most of it when 3.0 dropped.

They probably also didn't intend for 3.0 to take this long and are likely taking longer to release it properly after the community started freaking out over the proposed range and combo counter changes. It could have ended up like the proposed damage 3.0 changes which had to get scrapped (and afaik unmentioned since) because of the insane backlash people had over the proposed changes. Why risk repeating that again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, trst said:

Because it was it's own stance type meaning they'd need to go and make the stance and combo animations all just to go and scrap most of it when 3.0 dropped.

They probably also didn't intend for 3.0 to take this long and are likely taking longer to release it properly after the community started freaking out over the proposed range and combo counter changes. It could have ended up like the proposed damage 3.0 changes which had to get scrapped (and afaik unmentioned since) because of the insane backlash people had over the proposed changes. Why risk repeating that again?

Indeed. It's pretty good that DE is willing to reconsider things over the backlash, and as much as I want that sick sword and a freshening up of one of the systems that convinced me to even start Warframe, I'd rather they do it well. Also, the fact that they're pushing back aspects of Fortuna for later, alongside Gas City and such.

If I had to wager, a big rework like this would probably work well amongst a big update, so I'm going to guess that it'll be involved in Railjack, which my suspicions put at sooner rather than later next year - though I've been wrong plenty of times before so take that prediction with a pinch of salt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm more looking forward to dual wielding with a zaw & kitgun. I'm fine with a delay, though. Gotta do what you gotta do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thread about why they didn't release a completely new melee weapon class on a system that is soon going to be removed, all while said new weapon class is entirely built around the new system and has no working features for the current one. Jeez, I wonder why they didn't release it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

Another thread about why they didn't release a completely new melee weapon class on a system that is soon going to be removed, all while said new weapon class is entirely built around the new system and has no working features for the current one. Jeez, I wonder why they didn't release it.

how is it entirely built around the new system, they showed us the foundation, we had seen the weapon in action along with its stance moves its features were very well working. "soon" to be removed apparently wasn't so soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GenjuTheAutistNinja said:

It has now been a full year, and we're still waiting

hey i had to wait like 2 years for Akvasto prime, wouldn't be the first time a much-desired weapon takes time to arrive.

as others have said, DE CANNOT rush this. well, they can, but they really shouldn't, since Melee is one of the most important aspects of the game as a whole. it's what helps separate warframe from every other Horde shooter out there; we want all of the different melee types to be viable, and the system as a whole to flow better, but stuff like this takes a lot of time.

it'll come eventually, and should hopefully make melee something that everybody can enjoy, the Odachi is just the icing on the cake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, schilds said:

I'm betting that melee 3.0 will go the way of damage 3.0.

damage 3.0 didn't make it past the white board. Big difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GenjuTheAutistNinja said:

how is it entirely built around the new system, they showed us the foundation, we had seen the weapon in action along with its stance moves its features were very well working. "soon" to be removed apparently wasn't so soon. 

 Because they stated this on a devstream. They had everything ready except the last couple combos then scrapped it when there was a working prototype of Melee 3.0. The reasoning was it wouldn't make sense to release a new melee weapon with a new stance designed for that old system when the new one is around the corner. At best you get a good while before the system is changed, at worst it could have been a week then you're relearning the system all over again. 

Also with the delay on melee 3.0, that happens as the time in the development cycle. It's not a DE only problem, it's for every game that's been developed. Unlike a title with a specific launch date, DE doesn't fully cut something unless it 

A) doesn't seem to fit into warframes overall design 

B) doesn't mesh well with the players

So wait a little longer, I have to and I want the system alone. I just hope it doesn't get scrapped, my fingers are getting tired of trying to memorize these convoluted combos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well seeing some player concideing using a macro for infinite dashslide is a "fun way to play melee". Well for sure whatever melee 3.0 will be, ther will be complains.

Remember not everybody here want fun and entertainment. there is also that part of gaming population that just want a full cheese way to "earn" rescources and credits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So melee 3.0 isn't even out yet? Dang it! I was really looking forward to using the new melee system when Fortuna first launched, especially as I specialize in melee there; I wanted to be able to do my favorite part of Warframe's combat in an even better fashion. So much for that. When do you think it WILL be released?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Xxerris said:

When do you think it WILL be released?

First quarter of the new year is my guess, Fortuna has kept them pretty busy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-11-17 at 10:01 PM, Sleepuinox said:

First quarter of the new year is my guess, Fortuna has kept them pretty busy.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you saying you want a crappy buggy melee system rather than having to wait for a good one? Programming is hard. It took me around a week to just program a simple tetris game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-11-22 at 9:18 PM, Gingingt said:

Are you saying you want a crappy buggy melee system rather than having to wait for a good one? Programming is hard. It took me around a week to just program a simple tetris game.

I'm not saying that at all; I DO want the melee system to be as good as possible. What I AM saying is that when they first revealed Fortuna, they also showed Melee 3.0 off; and since BOTH of them were in developement at the time, it lead me to believe they'd be releaseing Melee 3.0 alongside Fortuna, so naturally, I'm a little disappointed that didn't happen. While I AM hungry for Melee 3.0, I'd much rather it be grilled and seasoned than raw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I m not hyped for melee 3.0
They just keep nerfing melee for so long.
First coptering,after that aoe and hit-frequency (before you could melee even thru wall,now you can not do it because of 0.1mm stone or thin tree)

So this is  probably gonna be just another nerf,to kill last thing i like to do in this game:melee 
and because i'm mr26 with nothing to grind,pure joy from melee was keeping me ingame,but after another nerf...Idk maaaan,just sounds like last bit of fun taken from me.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am content because not know yet what the melee 3.0 will contain. Some weapon sure will given some buffs but others will get nerfs. The elemental and other damage types are looked at later in my best know with the damage 3.0 which is also far away.

We need this because some weapon family is so much stronger than some others. Swords and dual swords for example are overshadowed by polerarms and heavy weapons. The dagger and machete family is also non existent and the one handed daggers are basically better than the dual handed ones. Whips are strong in their own terms of use despite these weapons also not great in stat wise but there are good modules which can boost them to godlike levels.

We will see how it will plays when it's come but before it is just a speculation and not really worth to talk about it. Once it happens you can make a feedback topic to talk about solutions but for that at least needs some preview or pre informations about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does seem like you should, to a reasonable extent, be able to melee people through walls; a single mm of stone or a tree of twig like thickness shouldn't be able to stop a supersonic sword thrust after all, ESPECIALLY if the sword's made of some sci-fi super metal or something like that. THAT I'll grant you Merchant, but If I remember correctly, the devs said, and showed in a Twitch stream that one of Melee 3.0's biggest changes was causing players to actually SWITCH to their melee weapons when attacking with the quick melee button, thus allowing them to actually use their equipped stance in quick melee; that's the BIG change I'm waiting for. Maybe that's something YOU can be excited for too. I can't say for sure, because I'm not you, but it's DEFINITELY a change worthy of consideration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Xxerris said:

Does seem like you should, to a reasonable extent, be able to melee people through walls; a single mm of stone or a tree of twig like thickness shouldn't be able to stop a supersonic sword thrust after all, ESPECIALLY if the sword's made of some sci-fi super metal or something like that. THAT I'll grant you Merchant, but If I remember correctly, the devs said, and showed in a Twitch stream that one of Melee 3.0's biggest changes was causing players to actually SWITCH to their melee weapons when attacking with the quick melee button, thus allowing them to actually use their equipped stance in quick melee; that's the BIG change I'm waiting for. Maybe that's something YOU can be excited for too. I can't say for sure, because I'm not you, but it's DEFINITELY a change worthy of consideration. 

I mean I see your point with quick melee and as much as it sounds like cool change,i already have only melee on me,because that way you get +-136% more reputation per minute with maxed lens and school exp boost from melee. So that change truly is not something I personally can be excited for.
The only missions I bring my lanka for are bosses that have to be shot and eidolon hunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see; oh well. I can still be excited for it. But you MAY want to consider ranged weapons more for the missions we have in Fortuna; just a thought though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...