Occulysts not spawning on Lua/Plato

TesseractNZ

On 2018-11-16 at 6:46 PM, TesseractNZ said:

I need to get killing blow on 4 sentients so went to Lua/Plato. I get the message Occulysts spawning etc but no Occulysts spawn ,

Repeated mission 4 times same message but no Occulysts.

Some rooms are quite large on the Lua tile set, and the occulysts can spawn very far away. You really have to be quick to find them and let them see you before they decide to fly off.

1 minute ago, Eborden007 said:

Some rooms are quite large on the Lua tile set, and the occulysts can spawn very far away. You really have to be quick to find them and let them see you before they decide to fly off. 

Which is funny, because the times I've tried to actually avoid being detected by them, they'd actively seek me out while the only times they seem to disappear is when I want to fight them.

Either way, if you can't wipe out the enemies quickly, just make a best guess as to which direction the mission will go, and race ahead to find them.  Usually I've found them only one or two rooms ahead.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

Which is funny, because the times I've tried to actually avoid being detected by them, they'd actively seek me out while the only times they seem to disappear is when I want to fight them.

Either way, if you can't wipe out the enemies quickly, just make a best guess as to which direction the mission will go, and race ahead to find them.  Usually I've found them only one or two rooms ahead.

^

On 2018-11-17 at 2:46 AM, TesseractNZ said:

I need to get killing blow on 4 sentients so went to Lua/Plato. I get the message Occulysts spawning etc but no Occulysts spawn ,

Repeated mission 4 times same message but no Occulysts.

i settled for offing a couple vomvalysts when i got this challenge myself, mostly since ocu spawns don't come guaranteed on lua.

1 hour ago, evilChair said:

i settled for offing a couple vomvalysts when i got this challenge myself, mostly since ocu spawns don't come guaranteed on lua.

ehhhhh....they do on the crossfire exterminate Plato.  They always spawn, you just may not run across them before they leave.  From the wiki;

The Oculyst will only spawn if at least one of the squad members is of Mastery Rank 3 or higher; it will announce its presence with a continuous, distinct howl. Their sole interest seems to be scanning objects such as containers and dead bodies.

After completing several scans, they will eventually lose interest with the site and vanish.

And the more tennos there are, the more and varied sentients will spawn after the Ocu's scan you.  I think if it's two or less tenno you get two batlysts and 3 or more tenno you get that plus two conclysts (?)  I might have that backwards.

Also- unlocking the sedna junction requires killing 5 sentients on Lua.  And you have to unlock that junction to unlock the War Within...so understanding how to find and kill Lua sentients is pretty vital to the game. 

And for general purposes  for any reading this thread...sentients are extremely vulnerable to void energy and cannot gate that damage type and it will remove existing damage resistances...so Operator amps and powers can hurt them better than some weapons - or mix and match your attack...shoot until you hear it's adapted, hit with the beam, repeat, profit.