Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would really love a "Resistance" mod slot for frames

FrostDragoon

Similar to the Exilus mod slot, it would be great to have a slot dedicated to resistance mods. Right now there simply isn't room for them in any build because the other options are just too much better, but dedicating a new slot to them would go a long way to encourage their use. I think it would also open up frame diversity itself a small bit, because frames that suffer specific weaknesses could "patch" them to make them more manageable, thus making the frame itself more usable. I doubt I'm the only one to find it annoying how easy toxin/slash just wrecks Mag, for example.

A short, but incomplete list of mods I would want to make eligible for this kind of slot would be as follows:

• Antitoxin
  • Diamond Skin
  • Flame Repellent
  • Insulation
  • Lightning Rod
  • Sure Footed (yes, I realize this can go in Exilus slots, but nearly every other option is superior)

The main resistance mod I would exclude from this is Adaptation, because it's actually powerful enough to compete with regular mods for a slot in a core build.

A side benefit of such a slot is that introducing "Primed {resistance}" mods would actually have some purpose, and hybrid resist mods would too (such as Toxin/Fire Resistance, or any combination really. Having mixed element resistance mods would be nice too (Corrosive, Magnetic, Viral, etc).

I would love to take certain frames into higher content, but getting hit with certain attacks is either guaranteed one-shot or effectively a death sentence. I think this could help alleviate this issue with minimal encroachment on power creep, especially as it doesn't offer any offensive ability. It would only help people scale their defenses into harder content in specialized ways. Just as another example, why bring Ember when Gara exists? You might want Ember for a higher range Firequake build, but as it is she's just too squishy. This wouldn't make her unkillable by any stretch of the imagination, but it might allow her to go a bit farther.

18 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

I would love to take certain frames into higher content, but getting hit with certain attacks is either guaranteed one-shot or effectively a death sentence.

DE don't want you to do the said content anyways , they do almost everything in their power to limit the duration of runs if you haven't noticed .

So yeah good luck .

Edited by Spectre-8

6 hours ago, hazerddex said:

they need augment slots more then resistance slots. also you have arcanes that basically give you resistance to those 

Agree with you about augments, but not as an either-or. There are so many mods in the game and hardly any get used because mod space is too limited. As for arcanes, I'm pretty sure they protect against the procs, not the damage itself, so I don't agree they serve the same purpose.

1 hour ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

People would simply run with Adaptation. The only way Adaptation doesn't overshadow the other mods is if mods like Flame Repellent, Insulation etc made you immune to that specific damage type. So, you have a general resistance mod (Adaptation) and the specialized ones. 

I don't think you read the OP thoroughly. I specifically stated that Adaptation should not go in this slot so that people can still run it if they want, but it is strong enough to compete with other mainline mods.

8 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

I don't think you read the OP thoroughly. I specifically stated that Adaptation should not go in this slot so that people can still run it if they want, but it is strong enough to compete with other mainline mods.

having 90% DR to everything you are being shot by directly puts it in competition with mainline mods. Adaptation has no limit on effects it defends you from.

I don't really agree with those kinds of arguments, and I even more dislike the logic that people arrive at if they believe that sort of thing, because it eventually comes to, "90% of mods are just "filler" and don't really need to be in the game." Sounds rather boring to me. I'd rather encourage the use of more obscure mods.

4 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

I don't really agree with those kinds of arguments, and I even more dislike the logic that people arrive at if they believe that sort of thing, because it eventually comes to, "90% of mods are just "filler" and don't really need to be in the game." Sounds rather boring to me. I'd rather encourage the use of more obscure mods.

its called progression. they are starter mods then when you get a more powerful mod like rapid resilience you use that, then when you get adaptation you use that, or you use arcanes if you have them at a suitable rank. the arcanes take no warframe slots and have dedicated slots and offer a lvl of customization. adding a another slot for this would be redundant.

Except nobody uses these kinds of mods in progression. At very low MR you don't have enough creds/endo to bother with these ones, and by the time you would think about it, you have access to all your ability mods. It just doesn't fit in the way you describe. Again, arcanes are different, so people should really stop repeating that one. They serve different functions, therefore, they cannot be redundant.

So do we have to dedicate a mod slot to every underused mod category now? I seriously don’t get your logic here. 

Your other supporting point is squishy frames in high content. Well, all squishy frames have ways not to get hit, and the movement system is there for you to use to also not get hit. There’s a lot of ways for you to survive, so using that excuse to make a new mod slot is weak and redundant 

You used ember as an example. Well, it’s pretty clear she’s intend for low-mod lvl use, don’t let DE’s joke of ‘increased dmg on her 4th’ fool you there. Thus, using her in places she wouldn’t be viable is totally on you. You’re free to use whatever whenever, just know what you’re getting and take responsibility when it doesn’t work. Even so, she has great CC and synergy with an good weapon, being the Ignis, so I also don’t see the issue here. There’s a certain point where deaths aren’t the game’s fault, but your own. 

I don't see your way of looking at it as doing anything more than promoting stagnation of the game while missing the point--especially the last part. There are so many flaws with your post that if I were to piece it apart, people might misconstrue my effort as hostile. Bottom line is simply that people eventually get bored with doing <60 content and being told that doing anything higher isn't worth it--especially while also being told that DE should keep the same few meta builds viable and put no effort into expanding that pool. Yours is the wrong attitude if we are to help DE make the game the best it can be.

2 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

I don't see your way of looking at it as doing anything more than promoting stagnation of the game while missing the point--especially the last part. There are so many flaws with your post that if I were to piece it apart, people might misconstrue my effort as hostile. Bottom line is simply that people eventually get bored with doing <60 content and being told that doing anything higher isn't worth it--especially while also being told that DE should keep the same few meta builds viable and put no effort into expanding that pool. Yours is the wrong attitude if we are to help DE make the game the best it can be.

You should probably do piece out my post, because you got it wrong, which isn't surprising 

I never said doing <60 lvl is always the case and you should always do it. I said that the way ember is now, she's designed for that, solely based on her dmg. if you want to use her for >60 lvls then be my guest, just don't come here and use her as an example of a frame that can't survive because you chose to use her in a place she isn't meant to be used. I have no issue with people using the wrong frame in the wrong place, but don't complain about it and try to fix it (you're not complaining, just saying) 

I don't see how giving a free slot that'll break balance and is totally redundant would fix meta builds. if anything, people would just go with sure footed or antitoxin since these are the most annoying procs in the game and would never change the mod choice. The other mods fight dmgs that aren't even common, so they technically won't fix anything. Also, there's arcanes that do way better job at this, -slash dmg arcane comes to mine....I know this is 'endgame' stuff but I digress 

Trust me, I know the game long enough to see how this suggestion is pointless and brings nothing to the table. More mod slots =/= more diversity, just means more mod slots to use the best mods on and carry on with the meta. That's why 'exilus for weapons' idea is dumb and useless imo because the mod choice is there, people just tend to stick to the meta and won't let go, but come here and demand a slot that would also be meta and get more dmg

Kinda went off topic in the last part but I hope I made my point clear. Doing higher lvl is totally fine, just use the appropriate frame, build, have the right skills to stay alive, use movement, use your abilities and everything available to you, rely on your team. If what you wanna use doesn't work then that's not the game's fault. Not every frame can do everything, some frames are specialized. 

DE doesn't make the meta, players do. Whenever DE tries to change that, people will find a new meta. If you really played long enough you'd know that by now. Trust me, DE needs a lot more help and this would bring nothing to help their plethora of problems 

Build diversity is a thing, especially in warframes, that's why the modding system is so amazing. Finally, some mods are just there to fill out a hole, you don't need to use them every time, just ideas of how the game used to be back when it first started out

You should probably do piece out my post, because you got it wrong, which isn't surprising 

If I did it for that post, I'd have to do it for this one too, and they are both using the same faulty logic, bad assumptions, and poor understanding of design... so THAT would be redundant.

19789999.jpg

Honestly, I feel like I'm talking to a Flat-Earther, because nothing you are telling me lines up with reality.

More mod slots =/= more diversity, just means more mod slots to use the best mods on and carry on with the meta.

This is why you limit which mods can go into these extra slots. Different frames have different weaknesses, and this mod slot would let them mitigate that to a certain extent.

You keep coming back to Ember, but I only used that as one example. There are dozens of others I could have used, but at this point I feel like you don't have anything to contribute so it would be a waste of time to continue with you. Beyond that you clearly don't understand the suggestion in the OP, which is why none of your points hold up. You're too busy trying to dismiss it that you never bothered to understand it and think about what its application might look like. Consequently, this is why I must dismiss your rebuttals in turn; they are non-sequitur.