Jump to content

Garuda reviewish


hazerddex
 Share

Recommended Posts

so heres the thing her kits almost solid

i love her 1 (though the mirror could move a bit faster and i think you should be able to jump while charging the shot. for better degree of aiming.)

her 2 is also solid (although there should be a way to shut it off so you don't enrage your teammates with a 20 second alter holding up a defense mission.)

HOWEVER her 3 is garbage. -50% hp for 25% energy?  is this a joke? i can get more energy from RAGE MOD or hunter aderenline then this abbility will ever give me.. rage mode alone give me 40% energy based on damage and  hunters adrinline 45% i literally have no reason to use her 3 over these two mods. -50% of your total hp is not a good trade for less then half energy. especially durring level 100 missions. maybe you were trying to take avantage of that passive, but theres enough things damaging us that we don't need this abililty to get energy back or use it for the damage buff. rage mod is not good on every warframe, but shes one of those warframes with high armor so she can take advanatage of it. so why was the 3rd ability slapped on? it doesn't even give energy to teammates. 

4 is also good. but seriously do somthing about her 3 that is out done by two modes one of which has been in the game for ages.

Edited by hazerddex
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, hazerddex said:

HOWEVER her 3 is garbage. -50% hp for 25% energy?  is this a joke? i can get more energy from RAGE MOD or hunter aderenline then this abbility will ever give me.. rage mode alone give me 40% energy based on damage and  hunters adrinline 45% i literally have no reason to use her 3 over these two mods. -50% of your total hp is not a good trade for less then half energy. especially durring level 100 missions. maybe you were trying to take avantage of that passive, but theres enough things damaging us that we don't need this abililty to get energy back or use it for the damage buff. rage mod is not good on every warframe, but shes one of those warframes with high armor so she can take advanatage of it. so why was the 3rd ability slapped on? it doesn't even give energy to teammates. 

You are better off using Hunter Adrenaline in Valkyr or Saryn than Garuda. Dead serious because how fast Lvl 125 Arid Heavy Gunners can kill her. Even when you try to kill 8 of them without using a healing Melee Weapon (or 20 if you are crazy enough and 20 of them is possible with Garuda without Invincibility).

Edited by GPrime96
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can turn the 2 off by putting your cursor over the target and pressing it again.

the whole point of her 3 is infinite energy when paired with her 2. Seriously a monkey could figure that out. Not to mention that maybe their intent was that you don’t have to put rage on her since her 3 is basically that. You seem to also have forgotten that the energy gained scales with power strength.

Next time you review a frame how about you actually try the frame for more than 5 minutes. Because a right now a console pleb who hasn’t even gotten to use Garuda yet has a better understanding of her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You can turn the 2 off by putting your cursor over the target and pressing it again.

the whole point of her 3 is infinite energy when paired with her 2. Seriously a monkey could figure that out. Not to mention that maybe their intent was that you don’t have to put rage on her since her 3 is basically that. You seem to also have forgotten that the energy gained scales with power strength.

Next time you review a frame how about you actually try the frame for more than 5 minutes. Because a right now a console pleb who hasn’t even gotten to use Garuda yet has a better understanding of her.

i am level 30 with her and still think her 3 is terrible for high level mission and (edit actually it does not scale off power strength) putting blind rage on it reduces energy you get to 20%

  reducing yourself to half hp in the middle of a level 100 enemy mission is a good way to get incapt. especially with the fact that you have no invornability frames while in casting  animation.  the mirror is only one direction and the time for the casting is ample time for you to get hit by a hit scan weapon from behind right as you reduce to half hp.this isn't a full review hences reviewish. this is my impressions of her after reaching level 30.  and no its not infinite energy  its energy as long as you have more then 3 hp.

 

 

PS: i don't deal in pc elitism. i dislike exclusivity of gaming and the elitiest who try to limit games to pc or console rather then have it on every platform possible for maximium people to enjoy.

Edited by hazerddex
Link to comment
Share on other sites

rage/adrenaline would be amazing mods for her if her 3 actually procced them.  But her 3 doesn't.  And because garuda doesn't have any damage reduction abilities taking damage to proc that is a bad idea.  You're better off with a high energy pool and quick thinking if you're trying to go that route.  upping your efficiency gives you more energy for that health loss.  And you can deactivate altar early by aiming at the target and using the ability again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

rage/adrenaline would be amazing mods for her if her 3 actually procced them.  But her 3 doesn't.  And because garuda doesn't have any damage reduction abilities taking damage to proc that is a bad idea.  You're better off with a high energy pool and quick thinking if you're trying to go that route.  upping your efficiency gives you more energy for that health loss.  And you can deactivate altar early by aiming at the target and using the ability again.

Personally i feel that all Garuda really needs for he 3 is to have to provide X% Damage Reduction on cast IF and only if its cast while inside the range of her 2's blood alter. This gives her a reason to use her 2 more often for more than just a ticking heal. it also would let her live slightly longer while acutally making use of her passive (that i personally think needs to be changed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Blavikan_Butcher said:

Personally i feel that all Garuda really needs for he 3 is to have to provide X% Damage Reduction on cast IF and only if its cast while inside the range of her 2's blood alter. This gives her a reason to use her 2 more often for more than just a ticking heal. it also would let her live slightly longer while acutally making use of her passive (that i personally think needs to be changed.

I could maybe see that if her altars were not stackable.  But considering they are she's already pretty survivable.  At least survivable enough to leave with her 1 or 2 far away from where she just was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

I could maybe see that if her altars were not stackable.  But considering they are she's already pretty survivable.  At least survivable enough to leave with her 1 or 2 far away from where she just was.

True but that does make her passive void then if shes just going to sit in her alters and have the health lost via her 3. i feel as though she has two core ideas that are at odds and dont really support each other like say harrow or Nidus do, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Blavikan_Butcher said:

True but that does make her passive void then if shes just going to sit in her alters and have the health lost via her 3. i feel as though she has two core ideas that are at odds and dont really support each other like say harrow or Nidus do, 

Her passive is in play whenever she's not sitting in her altars.  and her altars don't encourage her to sit in them because they heal her based on how much she's missing.  She's very much supposed to be constantly moving.  really only stopping to debuff or nuke.  If her damage buff passive played a bigger role in her kit I could see and agree for the call to reform people have been going on about.

 

But from my perspective that's not how she's meant to be played in the slightest.  imo she's all about spending to get and getting to spend.  health=energy=health.  I can see how some concepts if you look at them alone or make a direct comparison based on a specific view point makes things look contradictory or even bad.  But yeah like I said.  I think people are just looking at her wrong.

I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy playing a frame that's a glass cannon.  And if the devs decided to change her into that kinda style i'd roll with it.  I just don't get behind the whole movement that she's SUPPOSED to play that way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Seriously a monkey could figure that out.

Can confirm.

Although it's not all that useful imo. Energy orbs actually do a decent job I found, and it was only on occasion that I found myself using it. 

She doesn't really have any abilities that can be spammed effectively, which makes a super energy replenishment kinda... unecessary. I definitely think it should do a little more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Can confirm.

Although it's not all that useful imo. Energy orbs actually do a decent job I found, and it was only on occasion that I found myself using it. 

She doesn't really have any abilities that can be spammed effectively, which makes a super energy replenishment kinda... unecessary. I definitely think it should do a little more.

Also finding out that the energy gained scales with efficiency. That just feels counter intuitive. If you have more efficiency then you don’t need as much energy but if you have something like blind rage equipped you’ll need more energy. Seriously DE needs to do something about her. It’s infuriating to see a frame so close to being great constantly get ignored.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Also finding out that the energy gained scales with efficiency. That just feels counter intuitive. If you have more efficiency then you don’t need as much energy but if you have something like blind rage equipped you’ll need more energy. Seriously DE needs to do something about her. It’s infuriating to see a frame so close to being great constantly get ignored.

I think the reason why DE did that with her 3 is if it scales with Strength, then it would be a selfish EV from Trinity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

i agree with Blavikan_Butcher

Her 3 could be synergized with her 2.

Both her 2 and 3 seem redundant on the same frame though, you can just run [Life Strike], [Quick Thinking] and [Gladiator Fenese], and Garuda gets to be a frame where if either of these 2 "damage to energy" mods were bugged or failed you'll have your 500ish energy while in bleedout from a hit that would normaly only do 60 damage to you but that's beside the point.

Her four being a super radial javelin is disappointing, i wanted "gore" and let's look at the WIKI....

Stain her talons crimson, steep the soil in red. To quell her endless bloodlust, the murderous maiden Garuda slays her prey with coldblooded elegance and strides upon their corpses in a horrific display of visceral carnage. Garuda slaughtered her way to a blood soaked unveiling in

That's alot of spamming 1, her 2 and 3 don't even kill anything nor do damage, her 4 as i said is a "Charge up" radial javilin.

When Valkyr matches your discription you did something wrong.

There were too many "constructive critisisms" for DE to at least look through for ideas, welcome to "too big to fail Warframe and don't expect us to change it later".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the point of her 3 isn't really the energy. Sure it's nice touch and helps but my understanding is you'd use that with a 2 nearby and have a butt ton of shield and then berserk your way through mobs using her passive damage increase . Her 1 shield will protect some of the incoming damage and again you have your 2 to compensate the lose. Her two is supposed to be an easy way to up her passive and gain some energy

(also her 3 scales off efficiency kinda weird but thats how you increase it, so using a fleeting or streamline or something increases the energy regen off that ability)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, LAD.Y said:

the point of her 3 isn't really the energy. Sure it's nice touch and helps but my understanding is you'd use that with a 2 nearby and have a butt ton of shield and then berserk your way through mobs using her passive damage increase . Her 1 shield will protect some of the incoming damage and again you have your 2 to compensate the lose. Her two is supposed to be an easy way to up her passive and gain some energy

(also her 3 scales off efficiency kinda weird but thats how you increase it, so using a fleeting or streamline or something increases the energy regen off that ability)

So it is for energy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So it is for energy.

Not for me. I have full zenurik energy is never an issue. Like I said, i use it to give myself a quick damage boost to either cut through enemies a little tougher or to increase the output on my blood ball thing. then i'll jump back into a 2 and heal up again. The energy component is pretty negligible to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LAD.Y said:

Not for me. I have full zenurik energy is never an issue. Like I said, i use it to give myself a quick damage boost to either cut through enemies a little tougher or to increase the output on my blood ball thing. then i'll jump back into a 2 and heal up again. The energy component is pretty negligible to me.

Did you ever think that maybe you could take advantage of the energy regen and use a different Focus school? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Did you ever think that maybe you could take advantage of the energy regen and use a different Focus school? 

....

I don't know what you want me to say to this. I'm not dumb. I obviously could do that if I wanted to, hell I could do that without even changing a school. I was simply giving my interpretation of the ability and how I personally use it. That's it. Take it or leave it. If you want to build her to use it for energy regen power to you. That's not how I saw it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, LAD.Y said:

understanding is you'd use that with a 2 nearby and have a butt ton of shield and then berserk your way through mobs using her passive damage increase .

You understand wrong, unfortunately. Your #2 will heal you far too quickly to make reliable use of the bonus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

You understand wrong, unfortunately. Your #2 will heal you far too quickly to make reliable use of the bonus.

 ^^ is correct. With 200% Power Strength, if you have two or three Alters up, she can heal as fast as you lose Health with her 3. So she can cast multiple times and have full energy in barely any time (unless you are playing in Mot or Orb Vallis with 4 Reinforcement Beacons). That’s why i didn’t care about her damage Passive. Only her Passive with her Claws. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

 ^^ is correct. With 200% Power Strength, if you have two or three Alters up, she can heal as fast as you lose Health with her 3. So she can cast multiple times and have full energy in barely any time (unless you are playing in Mot or Orb Vallis with 4 Reinforcement Beacons). That’s why i didn’t care about her damage Passive. Only her Passive with her Claws. 

 

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

You understand wrong, unfortunately. Your #2 will heal you far too quickly to make reliable use of the bonus.

I'm aware of this. that's why I play NEAR the alters and not on them XD i have alters placed so i have a place to jump to for a sec and keep pushing between the blood letting. Again this is just how I use her. If you use her differently gucci. But I wouldn't say i'm 'understanding wrong' for having a different playstyle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, LAD.Y said:

 

I'm aware of this. that's why I play NEAR the alters and not on them XD i have alters placed so i have a place to jump to for a sec and keep pushing between the blood letting. Again this is just how I use her. If you use her differently gucci. But I wouldn't say i'm 'understanding wrong' for having a different playstyle

Right, but at levels where that damage increase is actually relevant you cannot simply have one "nearby" and somehow make use of it. If you aren't healing yourself, you die. And through healing yourself, you lose the passive.

The very act of casting your #2 is enough to restore a huge chunk of your missing health, and eliminating plenty of the passive damage buff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Right, but at levels where that damage increase is actually relevant you cannot simply have one "nearby" and somehow make use of it. If you aren't healing yourself, you die. And through healing yourself, you lose the passive.

The very act of casting your #2 is enough to restore a huge chunk of your missing health, and eliminating plenty of the passive damage buff.

welp,you sound like you've probably used her more than me lol. I'll just cede the point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-11-16 at 7:47 PM, hazerddex said:

-50% hp for 25% energy?  is this a joke? i can get more energy from RAGE MOD or hunter aderenline then this abbility will ever give me..

It's a percentage of your energy pool, and the percentage increases with efficiency mods. Which means that if you have a max Primed Flow and Streamline, it gives you like 250 energy. You'd need to lose more than 600 HP to get that much out of Rage. And unlike Bloodletting, you can't get energy from Rage on demand. 

That's not to say that Bloodletting doesn't have downsides, but it's one of the most powerful on-demand energy sources in the game. 

Edited by Gurpgork
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...