Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

taridouglas

Question

3 hours ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

1) are their devices infected by malicious software or something? 

2) There are softwares which you can install to see if your pc is infected right?

1) Not necessarily - you may live in the same general area as a person with an infected PC and automated security systems on DE's servers will block you in order to prevent potential threat which may result in the loss of sensitive info (bank account info for example) stored on the server.

1.1) Sometimes server-side firewalls will block IP within certain range: for example - your IP ends on .99.195 and there are 2 infected PC's that have IP's that end on .99.101 and .99.253. And both of them are attacking DE's server. Server's firewall will block ALL IP within range of .99.1-.99.255 in order to protect YOUR sensitive information and information of millions other players.

2) My first pick would be Malwarebites. General anti-virus softvare is suboptimal when dealing with botnet's and other "silent" malware.

In fact the biggest source of attack are China and Vietnam, with Russia, Ukraine and Mexico following them. So there is a pretty big chance that firewalls on DE's side are blocking IP in big batches to prevent infection on a mass scale. There IS a small possibility that regional ISP's are throtling connections that have symptoms of malware infection (the login attempts in our case) but the possibility is far too small and I would bet that DE's protection system is the "flood gate" which prevents logins.

10 minutes ago, -HoB-Tokan said:

Well currently the only thing you can do is download a VPN to be able to play.. there is no other alternative.

Try my suggestion. Go to THIS link download Windscribe VPN and use it until they fix the problem. Or you can google some other VPN service to use.

This unfortunately isn’t a solution for console players (PS4, Xbox, Switch). Only PC players can use a VPN as a temporary solution. 

37 minutes ago, -HoB-Tokan said:

i was even playing in fortuna with a squad and i was the host.

You won't experience problems as host, it's those who are in your group that are hit with massive amounts of lag. VPNs aren't without their flaws.

Yeah nothing change. You guys tried changing passwords and emails? Done that to the point where I also change myself, mentally, emotionally and physically.

same here.. it's been 4~5 days
tried reset password 3 times and re-download the game, it doesn't help
missed baro 😞😖
have been playing for 4 years+, this issue is new to me...
(from Southeast Asia, Malaysia) ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "halp meh plz"

10 hours ago, -HoB-Tokan said:

Well currently the only thing you can do is download a VPN to be able to play.. there is no other alternative.

Try my suggestion. Go to THIS link download Windscribe VPN and use it until they fix the problem. Or you can google some other VPN service to use.

Thanks for the info, just started playing again a few days ago,  still new to warframe, is this a recurring problem or did this just a now thing?

10 minutes ago, Vitamin.Ex said:

You won't experience problems as host, it's those who are in your group that are hit with massive amounts of lag. VPNs aren't without their flaws.

Agreed,, but no one ever told me anything about lag or bad ping.. also when im in other people games i have good ping.

The login failed issue occur last week for me. Yesterday 23rd-Nov i finally able to log in to the game
but just that one day... today the problem returned..

you guys might need a VPN provider. here is one that i use to fix my chat (being unable to trade/chat)

here it is: https://www.betternet.co/

just download, run, ignore the first popup where it asks for  starting seven day trial. (warning! do not connect during a game/mission it may disconnect you from your mission.)

it has reportedly worked from one person i have heard from, be sure to try it!

On 2018-11-23 at 5:12 AM, RaistlinPhantom said:

you guys might need a VPN provider. here is one that i use to fix my chat (being unable to trade/chat)

here it is: https://www.betternet.co/

just download, run, ignore the first popup where it asks for  starting seven day trial. (warning! do not connect during a game/mission it may disconnect you from your mission.)

it has reportedly worked from one person i have heard from, be sure to try it!

i tried it and it works ,just log in ,, thanks..but i guess this is temporary only.......doing research cleaning,reformatting on my PC  resetting router and nothing fixed for the last 5 days ..i hope some of you guys fixed your login.. i hope DE will help us about login issues. ..thanks again and god bless @RaistlinPhantom and warframe/DE too.

Just now, -HoB-Tokan said:

Agreed,, but no one ever told me anything about lag or bad ping.. also when im in other people games i have good ping.

I told my friend about it. He lives in Indonesia which was one of the regions hit with the sever ban and he hasn't been able to log in for 2+ weeks. It'll be nice to find an alternative for him that doesn't involve paying for a subscription. 90% of VPNs have a subscription and the ones that don't limit your speed. This does look promising since they don't limit speed but instead limit a monthly amount of data used. 

Thanks for letting people know about this. I'll make another post here about it when my friend tries it out to let people know how it is being in a group with someone using it.

1 hour ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

6? You mean 5. And what’s botnet exactly? I read the other guy’s post, DE is saying it’s because of botnet traffic from some ISP connections. What does that mean? And how could somthing like that happen? And who’s to blame here, the ISPs? 

actually there were 6 active botnets yesterday, the most active was Sality.

From wiki - A botnet is a number of Internet-connected devices, each of which is running one or more bots

More often then not a pc becomes a part of botnet via malware infection. One of the goals of the botnet is to infect as many devices as possible to increase its computing capabilities. Botnet that I mentioned - Sality - is actually used to steal bank info (credit card numbers, bank authorisation tokens etc), so it was logical that Sality-infected devices would try to infect large servers, since there is high chance that there is some banking info stored on them.

On an infected pc, botnet very often functions without pc's owner even knowing that his pc was infected.

ISP's aren't the one to blame here - poor level of general computer education, especially when it comes to security measures, is. 

26 minutes ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

This unfortunately isn’t a solution for console players (PS4, Xbox, Switch). Only PC players can use a VPN as a temporary solution. 

Well some people that have a PC and a console can use a VPN. There are guides on the web on how to do that.