Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda's 4

Riger82

29 minutes ago, xeal209 said:

If you don't have 200% power strength then it's not guaranteed to mark enemies. It's base is 50%.

I'm seeing it not attack at all. I wasn't talking about the mark.

I have enough power strength that when growing power procs, it goes over 200%. And since I use akstilettos, it procs all the time.

Edt: Side note. If the number of blades created is limited, I wish they would stop targeting leeches.

Edited by ssj782

I'd rather have her 4 be AOE mark up for group play synnergy + self CC or something than this bS#&$ it is right now. Nothing like another LINEAR ability, with zero scoop mechanic (yeah, it's worse than Harrows chains). Also, requires you to be away from targets, because it doesn't simply work in melee range as intended, skipping whole lot of enemies in your fov. Makes it counter productive with her 1st and 2nd being jump around like a rabbit abilities.

Also, why the hell do we even need charged attacks in this game? What difference than timewaste does it make...

Edited by Xyhon

Her 4 should not have the charge up mechanic. She should just summon swords flying around her and launch them all to impale the enemies...

I mean, I love the animation but the effect is a bit underwhelming for a 4 skill and for the energy cost.

I do find her 4 ability a bit underwhelming as well. When it's not charged the range is so small it's basically useless, and fully charged doesn't seem to do much other than waste time. I find the range it reaches (seemingly <50m) to be kinda lacking as well, while the damage it does can be laughable. The bleed effect it places on enemies also has laughable damage and from what I saw it lasts only about a second. I've honestly not seen any use for the marks it places on the enemies as well. A slash proc seems like an odd choice considering what the ability does - I would think Puncture not Slash - and I don't find it that useful to the point I ignore the marks entirely.

Unless you have a lot of energy to spam the ability (I can spam it about 5 times from full energy), it's not really worth using. The place I use it the most is at extraction to poke enemies for fun and even then it seems to rarely hit them even if they're in range.

3 hours ago, WarriorKitten said:

I do find her 4 ability a bit underwhelming as well. When it's not charged the range is so small it's basically useless, and fully charged doesn't seem to do much other than waste time. I find the range it reaches (seemingly <50m) to be kinda lacking as well, while the damage it does can be laughable. The bleed effect it places on enemies also has laughable damage and from what I saw it lasts only about a second. I've honestly not seen any use for the marks it places on the enemies as well. A slash proc seems like an odd choice considering what the ability does - I would think Puncture not Slash - and I don't find it that useful to the point I ignore the marks entirely.

Unless you have a lot of energy to spam the ability (I can spam it about 5 times from full energy), it's not really worth using. The place I use it the most is at extraction to poke enemies for fun and even then it seems to rarely hit them even if they're in range.

You're using it wrong, lol.

Straight from the wiki:

Enemies damaged by Seeking Talon are marked with Garuda's symbol for 10 seconds. Attacking marked enemies will have a 50% chance to cause a Slash b Slash Status Effect.

Her ability's scariness doesn't come from the mediocre damage. It comes from making all the attacks while the mark is over their heads to proc a slash based on the damage of the attack once you get to 200% power strength (an easy feat). I've seen 1 million damage slash TICKS with my opticor because of this. That's on TOP of the weapon's own damage. So you're in essence hitting them twice, and one of those is the armor ignoring slash.

So yeah. The ability damage is meh. The charge mechanic is silly and far too slow. But the actual effect of the ability is completely nuts if you use it correctly.

Edited by ssj782

On 2018-11-22 at 10:24 PM, ssj782 said:

You're using it wrong, lol.

Straight from the wiki:

Enemies damaged by Seeking Talon are marked with Garuda's symbol for 10 seconds. Attacking marked enemies will have a 50% chance to cause a Slash b Slash Status Effect.

Her ability's scariness doesn't come from the mediocre damage. It comes from making all the attacks while the mark is over their heads to proc a slash based on the damage of the attack once you get to 200% power strength (an easy feat). I've seen 1 million damage slash TICKS with my opticor because of this. That's on TOP of the weapon's own damage. So you're in essence hitting them twice, and one of those is the armor ignoring slash.

So yeah. The ability damage is meh. The charge mechanic is silly and far too slow. But the actual effect of the ability is completely nuts if you use it correctly.

But that's not my only complaint. The charging mechanic, the range, the fact that it's supposed to go through walls but I've seen it completely ignore singular targets even if they're behind a simple railing.

I get it, the slash proc mechanic does a lot of damage, but I still feel like it's underwhelming considering what the ability itself does. I mean, it goes through terrain, but it does little damage and you have to actually hit them after the fact to get all the rest of the damage? Why have it go through terrain then? Why not have it as an AoE as it supposedly originally was?

It's underwhelming and I feel like it's implemented somewhat incorrectly.

I wish the charging mechanic was at least faster, because even with a talent mod it feels slow. And I always feel like the talent mod is a wasted slot.

I remember they said the 4 got changed because it as too similar to something. Maybe it was revenant's 4? And it was also a very last minute change, so it wasn't very thought out.

Remember Khora when she came out? Lol. They screwed her whole kit up due to the last minute stuff. Pretty sure the whip and the kavat are the only things she has from the original info. The kavat was a skill, not a passive. And you could change the damage type of her abilities between slash, puncture, and impact. But until melee 3.0, this would have been useless and only slash would every be used.

Edited by ssj782