Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Leveling 2.0?

Mizar5129

Warframes gain stat boosts as they level up, why not weapons?

Perhaps they could gain an increase in base damage depending on level. (E.G. Level 10: +25%. Level 20: +50%. Level 30: +100%)

In addition, they could also gain a modest increase in the amount of ammo carried and reload speed. Bows would gain a modest increase in draw speed (Max 30%?). And melee weapons would have a slight (Max 20%?) increase in attack speed in addition to damage (Same as with guns). Melee weapons could also gain higher channeling multipliers and efficiency. (Depends on what DE decides to do with this come Melee 3.0.)

For balance, crit chances, multipliers, and status chances would remain as they are and not increase with level.

Personally, I think this would help with making more weapons more viable in the long run and also add to a sense of progression as you level your weapons.

Edited by Silentium1011

I kind of find the damage increase kind of funny since the weapon magically shoot more damage while leveling up.

one aspect I would like to see is 
1) Fire rate increase for semi auto and bow 
2) Reload speed increase for all weapons
3) Recoil reduction for all weapons.

Since we do earn Mastery Point, it means every time we pick up a weapon
the warframe is learning how to use it, as opposed to earlier argued that warframes are pre-programmed to use all weapons.

I suppose as we get more famillar with a weapon, the operation aspect improves.
This can be non-linear for every weapons, higher mastery rank weapons 
can have a starting "control" stats like fire rate/reload speed/ recoil being horrible.
but upon maxing a weapon those stats drastically improve to reflect on the higher mastery rank requirement
as it has a much steeper learning curve than lower mastery weapons.

13 hours ago, Silentium1011 said:

The frame is designed for the other end first, then the bits are carved out for each level.

The weapons would start much weaker than they are now and increase to their current stats.

An across the board buff to every weapon is a serious bit of power creep.

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of mastery to give you more starting point to work with if your mods would do less and still make it harder to level the weapons. Let high MR have it's one use I say I want the process of leveling weapons to be quick and easy as a veteran, Not to destroy another system that many Veterans (And MR rushers) use to increase their girnding effeciency. Also either way the change would hurt new players and veterans so it is better off staying as it is.

one idea i have is to make magazine mods have their own section, so players can get creative with each bullet and firearm, realistically with explosive rounds, and other gel or ballistics its cool to separate some mods or atleast give one mod slot a branching/extension at say level 10, potential and percentage values being a normal so players dont just walk around with a plus 10 on a new gun, unless its ranked up, also the orokin cells/reaktors end up being uselss without a second use and i think they have bad visuals/graphic presentation, considering adding some sound effects, and special ways to use 1 or more maybe fragments of crystals and other toys, not just peripheral and cosmetics, i like the LEX for example, but its can get boring without some sci-fi lasers, sticky bullets, and other visual updates, sights, and plating upgrades to make this option more permanent for LEX lovers, one can take from BLACKLIGHT, adding some interesting lamps, and features, as well as dots,scopes,mag updates, that the rank/up feature some payment and items regarding the lore and upgrade avaliability in the market.

On 2018-11-17 at 3:29 PM, peterc3 said:

The frame is designed for the other end first, then the bits are carved out for each level.

The weapons would start much weaker than they are now and increase to their current stats.

An across the board buff to every weapon is a serious bit of power creep.

Remove the basic +%damage mods (Serration, Point Blank, Hornet Strike, Pressure Point) from the mod pool, in exchange for a gradual damage increase of equivalent value at max rank. Primed versions can either be given reduced values (to end up with equivalent end values), or become part of a Forma investment for specialized weaponry. Players obtain access to an additional mod slot (depending on Primed setup), and weapons receive a "buff" of sorts. Degree of power creep in this scenario is hard to determine, but is likely to be minimal in comparison to OP's suggestion.

On 2018-11-17 at 8:13 AM, Silentium1011 said:

Because it is already horribly executed on Warframes? I mean, every ability related mod is useless on a lvl 0 Frame, as skills are either locked or have horrible base stats.
Or take a look at Zaws and Kitguns, it is basicly what you are asking for, but the boost happens once. Do you enjoy worse stats on those before guilding? I do not.

17 hours ago, MasterBurik said:

Remove the basic +%damage mods (Serration, Point Blank, Hornet Strike, Pressure Point) from the mod pool, in exchange for a gradual damage increase of equivalent value at max rank.

Then to level up a weapon you need the Affinity like now and an equivalent amount of Credits and Endo as now or the current system becomes a complete mess as you allow every player, those on day 1 to day 1000, access to a fully powered Serration/HS/PP.

Primed versions of them go out the window because allowing Primed Serration is blatant power creep, even if you tie it to Forma.

The freed slot is immediately filled with an elemental, a cirt, a dual-stat elemental, anything that is a direct increase to damage.

The degree of power creep is not hard to imagine.