Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Odd intermittent blue tethering from companions

IM_Havoc

Greetings,

Like most everyone that enjoys Warframe, I have been playing the Fortuna update for too many hours to count. Today I noticed something strange with the companions that I had not seen previously and I don't think the game was updated since Thursday or Friday. I see an intermittent blue tether streaming from my companion to my Warframe. It is semi transparent, but very obvious. I thought it may be related to the MOA, so I equipped a sentinel. I found the same issue. I unequipped the companions all together and entered Fortuna. I did not have any issues after that. Also, I noticed something about "Affinity" flash across the screen when I entered the map from the elevator.   

I just tried a simple mission on Earth (Cervantes) and I see the same blue tethering from my MOA companion. My PC is up-to-date and up-to-spec. My graphics card drivers are also up-to-date. I'm using an Nvidia 1080. Note, it does not seem to affect game play other than breaking immersion. I have not seen this issue before and I've played Warframe for >700 hours.  

[SOLVED]

That's it! I auto install the mods for my companions and I didn't notice that the Shield Charger mod got added. It's good to know that it is by design and not a bug. Thanks for your reply!

Edited by Snakeyes2050