Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New idea for syndicate standing

(PSN)ForerunnerKnight

What do you think of this idea: temporary purchasing standing 

now i have been thinking about this alot and an idea to address the strict daily standing limits is once you reach your daily limit of regular standing you still earn standing but standing that can only be used to purchase from their inventories and once the reset happens you lose all of it and have to get your regular standing first.Now notes on some of the details:

i know this does not directly fix progression speed but this does help with those who want to buy stuff but feel torn between spending it or hanging on to it to reach the next rank faster.(especially lower mr players who have lower standing caps)

once you reach top rank it would basically work like it does now

the rate u earn this temp standing could of course be adjusted

Now thoughts?Ideas to improve?Would love to hear feedback,thanks.

If you mean buying with plat I fear those that allready screaming p2w would scream even louder as ppl with money would be able to progress the time gate alot faster.

As for my own view I got no problem with how standings works now even tho I have to wait if I grind to fast one day.

1 hour ago, Emolition said:

If you mean buying with plat I fear those that allready screaming p2w would scream even louder as ppl with money would be able to progress the time gate alot faster.

As for my own view I got no problem with how standings works now even tho I have to wait if I grind to fast one day.

Nooooo plat has nothing to do with my idea i am saying that after you got to your regular standing limit you would get temporary STANDING that can be used for purchasing syndicate stuff only and would disappear at the next daily reset.at no point can u use plat to fast track any of this.

This goes against the limit existing.

I know there's a fence here, but why can't we just have a door that stays open? If they wanted to, there would be separate currency to buy things, but there isn't. The choice to make the limiter of ranking up and the currency to buy things from the Syndicates one and the same was an explicit one. This wasn't accidental, it wasn't just thrown together.

I just wish we could just equip a syndicate sigil to the shoulder instead of the back and front to ecru their standing...There's so many neat sigils from the day of the dead to the hyena pack sigil and here I am having to wear the syndicate one, where as I wouldn't mind it hovering off a shoulder armor pad freeing up my fashion frame...

So basically after you hit your reputation cap for the day any other rep you gain is temporary and can only be spent at vendors? This would still completely invalidate most of the reasons the system is in place to begin with while not fixing many issues that people are creating from it.

Players would grind their eyeballs out to get everything purchased at once nearly as hard as they would if there was no cap to begin with.

Players would still complain that they're time-gated to getting into the higher tiers.

Players would probably complain that mastery rank means less now (which the original complaints like this is why we have a scaling cap to begin with, the players wanted this).

And players would run out of "content" even faster and go back to complaining about there being nothing to do.

Sure it'd fix the problem you stated of not needing to feel like you're slowing your progress down by buying things early but at this is entirely the players problem, not DE's. If you don't want to "slow" your progress then don't. Like with Fortuna; if you wanted to just get Garuda as fast as possible then don't spend any standing until you could get the gem bp's she needs and if you instead spent that rep elsewhere then it's your fault for slowing your progress. It's entirely based on what an individual player determines is their priority and if someone is saying that everything is a priority then they need to reevaluate that.

5 hours ago, trst said:

So basically after you hit your reputation cap for the day any other rep you gain is temporary and can only be spent at vendors? This would still completely invalidate most of the reasons the system is in place to begin with while not fixing many issues that people are creating from it.

Players would grind their eyeballs out to get everything purchased at once nearly as hard as they would if there was no cap to begin with.

Players would still complain that they're time-gated to getting into the higher tiers.

Players would probably complain that mastery rank means less now (which the original complaints like this is why we have a scaling cap to begin with, the players wanted this).

And players would run out of "content" even faster and go back to complaining about there being nothing to do.

Sure it'd fix the problem you stated of not needing to feel like you're slowing your progress down by buying things early but at this is entirely the players problem, not DE's. If you don't want to "slow" your progress then don't. Like with Fortuna; if you wanted to just get Garuda as fast as possible then don't spend any standing until you could get the gem bp's she needs and if you instead spent that rep elsewhere then it's your fault for slowing your progress. It's entirely based on what an individual player determines is their priority and if someone is saying that everything is a priority then they need to reevaluate that.

You bring up alot of fair points but some else to consider is the the rate that you earn the temp standing would not have to be a 1:1 earning ratio,it could be lowered way down to a rate that would help prevent people from just buying everything in that tier in one day. And then it would all disappear the next day.