Jump to content
  • 0

Mewan zaw build


Kobrakai
 Share

Question

I just got a Mewan riven from the sortie but I haven't built a zaw before, is the mewan a good strike?

I like fast weapons so I'm thinking of using the Seekalla grip and Vargeet Jai II link which when gilded would give:

Attack speed: 1.10
Critical chance: 25%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Status: 14%
Slash: 34.8
Puncture: 30.4
Impact: 21.9

Would this be OK? It doesn't seem that great compared to other non-zaw weapons so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Since youre using seekala, it should be a polearm. One thing about polearm is you can choose to build memecopter and abandon all crits since youll be redcritting on slides anyways. Of course, it is optional.

Zaws are pretty customizable so choose a style you like. If you want crits I recommend just abandon the crit links (lul) and go full memecopter. Otherwise bloodrush stacks your crit up fairly quickly. The general consensus for melee though is CO+status is always stronger, so you should choose a status link since you have the versitility of choosing crit or status as you like. Unfortunately, not very good options for hybrid. Using Jai II alone doesnt give enough for either

Sidenote: no, mewan is not worth it. Kripath is the best zaw strike rn, although if you like swords, go ahead and use it with a short grip

Edited by btant
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, btant said:

Since youre using seekala, it should be a polearm. One thing about polearm is you can choose to build memecopter and abandon all crits since youll be redcritting on slides anyways. Of course, it is optional.

Zaws are pretty customizable so choose a style you like. If you want crits I recommend just abandon the crit links (lul) and go full memecopter. Otherwise bloodrush stacks your crit up fairly quickly. The general consensus for melee though is CO+status is always stronger, so you should choose a status link since you have the versitility of choosing crit or status as you like. Unfortunately, not very good options for hybrid. Using Jai II alone doesnt give enough for either

I don't have maiming strike and it's quite expensive, I'm not sure I would like the play style anyway. 

I guess you would go with one of the Ekwana links if building for status?

What would you aim for when rolling the riven?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
10 minutes ago, btant said:

Sidenote: no, mewan is not worth it. Kripath is the best zaw strike rn, although if you like swords, go ahead and use it with a short grip

Just seen your edit, would you say it's not worth it even with a riven? I don't have a riven for the Kripath.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
43 minutes ago, Kobrakai85 said:

Just seen your edit, would you say it's not worth it even with a riven? I don't have a riven for the Kripath.

You gotta ask one of the riven nuts for that hahah. Generally though, most weapon will be good with a riven. You can count on that. Zaws will probably never change from neutral, so it's probably the most consistent riven there is for you to get

Well, it's not like I dont know anything so here's a rough suggestion

Polearms have great base range so a +range roll is always appreciated

Lines like +damage, +crit damage, +status chance, +attack speed is also good

For negatives, any harmless ones are fine (-channel, -finisher) but ideally either -puncture or -impact

E.g. Very good one would be +range +damage +status -puncture (something like so)

Edit: Something about crit chance is even though it helps and is stronger than most lines, if you're going the crit route (maiming strike is not be-all-end-all, blood rush with 20+cc is good enough), generally the number doesnt add up enough when lined up additively with blood rush, which gives an insane percentage. Try to reroll the cc lines if you can

Edited by btant
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...