Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk Feedback/Ideas

General_Durandal

4 hours ago, Thaylien said:

The discussion on him suggested that he would have plenty of damage mitigation, although whether that takes the form of putting enemies into an un-responsive state (like blind, sleep or long-stun), or whether that's through personal defense (like redirection, shields, personal invulnerability) we don't quite know.

They also mentioned that there's a Working Name title for one of his abilities called 'breaking point', which is where the frame unleashes whatever damage they're going to do.

So it could be that what we're going to get is something that's heavily dependent on a counter of some kind, a function not unlike Nidus' Stacks, where you build up a certain amount of this counter and then spend it all with an ability that has a scaled effect based on where that counter was.

A fun idea I'd had while looking at the fan-art, though, was that one ability could be personal defense, mitigating the damage he would have taken and charging up his counter, the next ability will put enemies around him into the un-responsive state as a form of CC, which is always a good function to have, and his 'breaking point' would be that everything currently un-responsive from his ability would then be dealt massive damage all at once.

Defense, CC and then Damage specifically when you have the reason to. Reluctant hero, see?

“Opposite of all the other frames” if i recall.

my thought: he’ll be able to remove all 3 weapons to enter a unique melee stance system. All 3 “weapons” being moddable of course.

primary stance for balance of power and speed. Balanced status and crit chances

secondary stance for speed and crit

tertiary stance for power and status.

just a thought

hello all 

first sorry for my bad english but i will try my best to drive what i want to say or my idea clearly

omg like omg like super omg ive been wish and praying for a monk warframe 

please DE add another excalted weapon to the game with this hero 

and the weapon is going to be a a buddha hand alike of energy striking in a a reasonably short range range and a martial art style mixed with palm punches and normal punches and the excalted weapon is ability duration based please i really have been dreaming of something like that 

at the end i want to say DE it's more than ok to have another nidus and i by saying that i mean another op warframe give him survivablity and dmg and support with a cc like nidus please i really like monks in like every game with the buddha hands strike attacks and thanks 

12 hours ago, DUSTCLOUD said:

Baruuk
sounds like
Faarooq from the natio of domination.

Eh, I would say it's more from Baruch, as in the Book of Baruch, which is a referenced, but not actually canonical book written by a scholar as a contribution towards the different Christian and Jewish bibles. (I'm an agnostic, reading religious texts for sport is fun for baiting the more vehement religious types.)

It supposedly speaks a lot of how all men, and particularly the powerful, having sinned, should bow their heads and pray in humility. There's references to being thankful, but repentant, and following the peaceful nature of the scriptures.

So, with the supposed ideas they've pitched, the 'reluctant hero' concept certainly fits. A frame that is primarily based around pacifying or defending themselves peacefully, and, like many who adopt that kind of route, when pushed can easily show why being peaceful does not mean being weak.

14 hours ago, (XB1)Orcus Imperium said:

“Opposite of all the other frames” if i recall.

my thought: he’ll be able to remove all 3 weapons to enter a unique melee stance system. All 3 “weapons” being moddable of course.

primary stance for balance of power and speed. Balanced status and crit chances

secondary stance for speed and crit

tertiary stance for power and status.

just a thought

The reference to the 'opposite' was more along the lines that all the other frames are inherently designed around combat, getting into it and out of it, enthusiastic battle.

But I can guarantee you that he's going to be much like the frames that have specific leanings towards certain play styles, like Nidus with his heavy focus on abilities to charge up his Stacks, or Harrow with heavy leanings towards supporting Weapons, or the Ability Melee frames that have designs that promote being able to ditch their main weapons in favour of a specifically balanced weapon ability.

He's still going to have to have the basic access to at least one of the Primary, Secondary or Melee options. Even Garuda, with her melee claws, can't go without another functional weapon.

But I could see a passive that gives him a bonus for not equipping particular weapons.

19 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

No, because I'm petty and this is the internet ^^

Also, opinions are great, but they're only worth the exact same as another opinion. What makes an opinion an actual theory is when you have something to back it up with, like I did.

So your point is you're wrong?
That's new. Have a good one lol.

1 hour ago, Redfeather75 said:

Maybe when he takes enough damage, a kuva jester bursts out of him all green and mean.

edit: Also I think Baruuk could be a werewolf.
        Werewolf monks are a thing.

I was fond of such characters in the Shining Force related series of media from Sega. I heard that Secret of Mana had one too; but I am afraid I only saw them as enemies back there.

Maybe make him function very differently than most warframes.  Give him chi instead of energy.  Make it so that he has defensive abilities that either absorb or deflect damage, then this allows him to gather chi from others damage which he can unleash.  Also you could make him fire chi blasts and use his fists for weapons.   To make the fist less boring, give him stances (not mod stances) that changes the effects of his other skills. 

My inspiration is marvel related with iron fist and the kinetic energy suit from black panther

On 2018-11-16 at 9:38 PM, NovusNova said:

The new warframes name is "Baruuk" not "Baroque".

https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1063510868091113472

What comes up when you search "Baruuk": "Nordic spelling of the Hebrew name בָּרוּך (Barukh) meaning 'blessed'"
https://www.nordicnames.de/wiki/Baruk

This. As a native Hebrew speaker this is exactly my interpretation.

On 2018-11-17 at 6:06 AM, Spectre-8 said:

The question is why this new warframe looks like a female and is yet another low dmg support .

Baruuk is male and the game would be very stale, let alone boring if everyone was a press 4 to win brainless nuker.....hm now i can see why the forum has a general disdain for anything that's not a brainless press-4-to-win nuker.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

Might have an interesting relationship with Arbiters of Hexis. They sed tennoas warrior as a waste of potential, he wants to leave fighting behind.

That's a cool thought considering they don't have a quest frame yet.

Visually, Baruuk looks pretty neat to me and I love supports. Interested to see what his kit will look like.

12 hours ago, Thaylien said:

opinions are great, but they're only worth the exact same as another opinion.

12 hours ago, Thaylien said:

What makes an opinion an actual theory is when you have something to back it up with, like I did.

No, that's incorrect.

3 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Nice try, but my point is that I have a backed up opinion, not just an opinion ^^

Have you? Looks like you contradicted it.
Looks like you're trying to pick a fight and need attention. 
Not interested in the negativity you're pushing around.
Stay safe.

6 minutes ago, DUSTCLOUD said:

No, that's incorrect.

Yes, it's correct.

7 minutes ago, DUSTCLOUD said:

Looks like you're trying to pick a fight and need attention. 

Eh, I was bored, you looked like fun because you actually replied with what read as a jokey comment, and you've seemed to have taken issue with my jokey response to that.

I apologise, you've gone the whole wrong end-of-the-stick with this and it wasn't my intention at all.

His general idea sounds really dope an' unique, but what I kept thinkin' about was his 'breaking point' ability, where he's most likely supposed to do a lotta damage to the enemies. That also gave me an idea.

How about when his allies get exposed to a set amount of damage, he can activate this ability? Then the rest of his abilities change, dealing only damage upon damage upon more damage. The catch would be that you run on a timer, unlike equinox's metamorphosis.

Baruuk [hopes & feedback]

given the artist did not know his it, i really liked some of the designs of what they showed.

with this in mind i have some possible concepts of powers to suggest that based on the art given could be fun

• an absorbing/reflecting shield would be a interesting to his kit as per devs he mitigates and reflects damage, maybe have him generate a barrier around his body that stacks damage to a counter for later use (this stored damage could be redirected via his other powers to spread damage reduction or unleash his own powerful attack that the damage magnifies)
  • pacifism : this is tricky as we already have a few frames that put enemies to sleep, so possibly just make it so they wont fight, this could be done on say a lunging strike were he hits them and makes them calm and applies a mark over head as shown in art (see spoiler) this could stack toward his debufs on how many enemies have the mark
  • hes supposed to be like john wick , when pushed into a corner he will "slaughter everything" given that weve seen him as an unarmed warframe i think having a 4 similar to blade storm  in that he moves between enemies kicking and punching like a kungfu master taking them down and maybe using stored damage as a buf to his hits. only issue is i dont want think it should be a 4 and strike lll enemies power, maybe working with a marking system like ash on this could benefit it greatly or maybe just give him a kungfu [bare hand] mode ultimate attack 

overall even if none of these suggestions are incorporated or useful, i feel keeping at least two offensive abilities and 2 other defensive/supportive powers that promoted harmony/synergy within the kit is most desired 

Spoiler

DsJZ6BlUUAAvN0_.jpgDsJZ9KAVAAUh3w8.jpgDsJaG2-VAAATtiz.jpgDsJaK_rU4AAd1bQ.jpgDsJaS9KUwAAT3y6.jpg

When i heard about this “breaking point”, i remember the character “kukai” from flame of recca anime.. He’s calm and nice, got himself a nickname “the buddha”, but after got hit three times and he becomes enraged and start fighting brutally like a demon.. maybe barook should have some kind of damage block or mitigation to the point where he can release it, enraged and become a monster on battlefield..

On 2018-11-16 at 6:38 PM, NovusNova said:

The new warframes name is "Baruuk" not "Baroque".

https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1063510868091113472

What comes up when you search "Baruuk": "Nordic spelling of the Hebrew name בָּרוּך (Barukh) meaning 'blessed'"
https://www.nordicnames.de/wiki/Baruk

Baruuk you for enlightening us. 🙄