Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk Feedback/Ideas

General_Durandal

making his 1 360 degrees is literally just making him invincible, which DE doesnt want to do anymore, not to mention is just boring.

I agree having it be in a cone in front of him is kinda useless since if its in front of you the enemies are just going to be dead anyways from you actually killing them.

Id rather it be more interesting, like maybe you are immune to bullets, but everything else still damages you. That way you wont just get sniped from behind (which is how I die most of the time anyways) but still doesn't just make you invincible.

il y a 22 minutes, HerpDerpy a dit :

making his 1 360 degrees is literally just making him invincible, which DE doesnt want to do anymore, not to mention is just boring.

I agree having it be in a cone in front of him is kinda useless since if its in front of you the enemies are just going to be dead anyways from you actually killing them.

Id rather it be more interesting, like maybe you are immune to bullets, but everything else still damages you. That way you wont just get sniped from behind (which is how I die most of the time anyways) but still doesn't just make you invincible.

So make zephyr even more irrelevant basicly xD

1 hour ago, HerpDerpy said:

You're just describing Turbulence. Which is Zephyr's 3. I like that they made him actually require some skill for his abilities. He'll be interesting to play, and I'm sure there will be an equal amount of threads demanding a buff and demanding a nerf, just like Garuda. 

In order to keep the theme of baruuk being against killing and blood shed, when he performs a finisher, he either subdues them or disarms them.

If an enemy has low enough health for an insta-kill finisher, Baruuk could instead perform quick strikes that would knock the target out cold (would be the same as killing only the bodies would be intact without any traces of blood on them. Thus making it look like they were knocked out cold and won't be able to get back up for the rest of the level)

If an enemy's health bar is too high, it would work like other finishers only with baruuk performing different strikes that would damage the enemy (without spilling it's blood) and disarm the target. Kinda of like the equalizer. 

Additionally, using weapons as baruuk will not cut of limbs of rag-dolls or cause blood to splatter. This way, it would look like he uses the weapons to knock out enemies for a very long time.

P.s., I think his first ability should work from all sides. If that would mean a higher energy drain then so be it.

59 minutes ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

In order to keep the theme of baruuk being against killing and blood shed, when he performs a finisher, he either subdues them or disarms them.

If an enemy has low enough health for an insta-kill finisher, Baruuk could instead perform quick strikes that would knock the target out cold (would be the same as killing only the bodies would be intact without any traces of blood on them. Thus making it look like they were knocked out cold and won't be able to get back up for the rest of the level)

If an enemy's health bar is too high, it would work like other finishers only with baruuk performing different strikes that would damage the enemy (without spilling it's blood) and disarm the target. Kinda of like the equalizer. 

Additionally, using weapons as baruuk will not cut of limbs of rag-dolls or cause blood to splatter. This way, it would look like he uses the weapons to knock out enemies for a very long time.

P.s., I think his first ability should work from all sides. If that would mean a higher energy drain then so be it.

So basically give him an innate peculiar mod that doesn't leave gore but the disable the enemy all the same...I'd rather the devs focus on actual content for Baruuk

7 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

So basically give him an innate peculiar mod that doesn't leave gore but the disable the enemy all the same...I'd rather the devs focus on actual content for Baruuk

The main point of these changes would to help reinforce the theme of being a pacifist. right now, that theme is kinda lost when it comes to using weapons outside his kit.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So in order to make him better you want him to basically nerf the weapons he’s holding from doing lethal damage.

No no. that would not be it. This is all looks. Weapons would still perform the same. it would just be that it would not show blood coming out of the enemy and would leave the ragdolls in one piece. That way, it looks like baruuk knocked out the enemies when they are actually dead. This would just help with his pacifist theme. Sorry for the confusion  

1 minute ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

No no. that would not be it. This is all looks. Weapons would still perform the same. it would just be that it would not show blood coming out of the enemy and would leave the ragdolls in one piece. That way, it looks like baruuk knocked out the enemies when they are actually dead. This would just help with his pacifist theme. Sorry for the confusion  

Seems like a lot of work for such a small insignificant thing.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Seems like a lot of work for such a small insignificant thing.

I guess, but they were willing to make an exalted weapon before melee 3.0 is ready. So I don't think it would be as much as a hassle. Plus it would help with the theme in the long run. It would be some nice touches anyway.

I could see this happening actually. You would only need four animations: human facestab, human backstab, moa backstab, and quadruped backstab. Sparring weapons already have a cool suplex finisher for Quadruped backstab, you could recycle that. Human backstab could be like some kind of vulcan nerve pinch. Human facestab could be pike a flurry of palm strikes; alternatively we could use the normal Furax facestab animation, since that animation is just an uppercut followed by a hook to the face. Moa backstab... that is tricky. Is Baruuk opposed to breaking robots? If yes, the animation could be shoving them down and vigorously pressing their off buttons. If no, then he could just backstab them with his weapon's normal backstab

(Glossary: "facestab" is when you use Radial Blind, Sleep Arrow, or Savage Silence, then melee the enemy from the front)

Edit: since this thread was merged from another, the old OP's idea was that when Baruuk uses a finisher attack, he doesn't use his weapon, he knocks the enemy out non-lethally (still counts as dead for game purposes)

Edited by TARINunit9

17 minutes ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

You really think they would not have the exalted weapons follow the melee 3.0?

Probably not since you know it's a warframe ability. Melee 3.0 is mainly for streamlining melee weapons (and their respective stance combos) that are equippable from the inventory. The fact that they're giving Baruuk exalted melee should tell enough that they aren't going to be affected (that much).

Edited by ShadowExodus

4 minutes ago, ShadowExodus said:

Probably not since you know it's a warframe ability. Melee 3.0 is mainly for streamlining melee weapons (and their respective stance combos) that are equippable from the inventory. The fact that they're giving Baruuk exalted melee should tell enough that they aren't going to be affected (that much).

I am pretty certain that they will make the exalted combos follow the new control layout for melee 3.0. Otherwise it goes against how they did not want to make the combo list for each stance different every time.

Baruuk is going to be killing things by the truckloads just to fulfill mission requirements

If players want to RP him as a pacifist, it might be more practical to turn gore off and pretend he's KO'ing enemies as opposed to killing them.

It's certainly feasible to add different animations, etc to make a distinction between those two actions...I don't know if DE would (or even should) though.

IMO, that's the kind of work they should save for a premium skin.

Now, Baruuk is very very meh... there's absolutely nothing new with him.

Sleep: Equinox, Revenant second,  Ivara

Defensive/offensive Aura : Nezha, Nova, Chroma, Revenant

Combo/stacks - Nidus, Altas, 

Damage absorb - Garuda, Zehpry, Mesa, Gara, 

Ultimate - Exalted fists? really? Excalibur, Wukong, Valkry. This ability is the most disappointing really, go around rag-dolling enemies with fists, a pistol does that.

I am not saying no new frame should exhibit existing mechanics, but at lease 2 new abilities.

I miss when a new warframe meant a new approach to the game, a new dynamics e.g Nekros, meant we could now farm efficiently, Chroma - we could now nuke single targets, Mesa - we could now aimbot, Zephry - we could now fly, Limbo - we could now become non existent. This is what made me look forward to such new warframes, but recently warframes are just a combination of what we already have, which makes them less of a game changer honestly.

Several if not all of those descriptions are honestly so vague that I'm not so sure they count as criticisms, but I understand the sentiment. The re-use of abilities isn't really as important as how they synergize within the context of the frame. This description does him some injustice since it breaks down those interactions to such a basic level that you could describe every warframe and ability based characters in other games too. Even Limbo sounds like a boring rehash of other things if I leave out the details of managing his pocket dimension.

Edited by Beartornado

eventually originality dries up there are hmm 36-37 warframes in the roster? eventually you cover all that is possible with out some method of recycling abilities atleast it does something different then the frames you describe

1: sleep that ramps up and lingers in the zone potentially getting new enemies that wander in no other frame does that

2: defensive ability that requires you to be facing the target to avoid them has no durability or duration its channeled till you turn it off and adds to his stacks its not DR is just straight up avoiding damage 

3: the disarm charges give him DR and can jump to allies for them to take spreading the DR around to allies and say removing weapons from the ooky spoopy bombard 

4: his stacks is his fuel for this 4 he needs it to cast it so new mechanic and give him DR 

5: people wanted more exalted weapons his 4 seems to more on the lines of a CC and damage since said AOE punchs do a good chunk of damage

so if you want at-least 2 new original abilities please make a suggestion because yes they are similar to some frames abilities but they are also behave different  

Edited by seprent
forgetting words