Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk Feedback/Ideas

General_Durandal

26 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

I know it's hard not having a new press 4 to win mindless nuker but some people like support frames.

but there are already like 3 support frames. that's enough. weonly have a bazillion "4 to win" frames, so there is a real need that needs to be fixed ASAP

39 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

This. 

People again want to ruin a good Warframe. I really do hope de doesn't listen this time. I once want a Warframe that comes out as shown. I know I'll enjoy the current baruuk.

Don't worry. They don't even bother reading this part of the forum (if not all)

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

This. 

People again want to ruin a good Warframe. I really do hope de doesn't listen this time. I once want a Warframe that comes out as shown. I know I'll enjoy the current baruuk.

I know right. I swear the Warframes we've gotten this year were made for the sole purpose of separating the chaff from the wheat.

1 hour ago, Rawbeard said:

but there are already like 3 support frames. that's enough. weonly have a bazillion "4 to win" frames, so there is a real need that needs to be fixed ASAP

Like oh em geee i totes agree, let's make a patreon and complain about how oppressed us nukers are in warframe. Check your privilege Support frames.

Escalating sleepiness in an AoE means I can make a chokepoint into a nice, fluffy bed for my enemies.  Looking at said chokepoint makes me not take damage, and builds a meter for me to suddenly begin punching people in the face with powers perfected for pugilistic purposes, and I can make ranged enemies dance to my tune.  And not take as much damage from that one guy who's attacking at a flank.  I like Baruuk's kit because rather than 'omegalul nuke erryting' it's 'Can all of you idiots chill out for like thirty seconds, I'm trying to read.'

If I understand it correctly, dead bodies dissolve in games for performance reasons. Having hundreds of sleeping enemies around will drop the frame rate, no? 

Technical issues aside, what about pacifism in this game? Sparing Infested? They will heal and continue what they are doing. How assasination and extermination will work? If you will maul Khela so she can not move, she will get a new set of cybernetics. If you will maul a Lancer, he will be tossed into the cooking pot. A Crewmen? More debts. Nasty. Survival - will enemies slowly suffocate? And so on.

That being said, I plan to try solo no carnage runs with Baruk. And will turn gore off.

I think Baruuk looks awesome - first frame that's come along while I've been playing that's made me sit up and take notice. Couldn't care less for Garuda, Revenant or more than 50% of the frames in this game.

But to finally have a melee, evasive, somewhat telekinetic, denial cc frame on a theme of prevent enemies from being able to fight and then ragdoll everything with unarmed melee/force powers is fantastic. Thematically way more interesting than Valkyr, Excalibur, Equinox, Ivara, Limbo etc. I can't wait! 🙂

Edited by Sailears

Tbh i think he could have more team oriented abilities, from the first teaser i got the idea it would be more supportive (like giving big shields or dmg mitigation to allies). But let's wait and see.

On a side note, I think his 1 is meh, at least make it 90% reduction from sides and 50% from back as well. I like the sleep. The disarm is also meh, the range appeared to be really small so it's useless to disarm enemies when you already are on top of them. 4 looks shiny but it needs to have good number to back it up or else it would still be better to keep using our melee...

I think De has sorta over extended itself with overlap due to having four powers per kit...eventually you're going to run into each ability being done better by someone else...I always felt two to three but mostly two powers were enough for each frame...A good crowd control to rescue other players and yourself, something specific to that frame, and maybe a debuff...Then add differing syndicate modifications...when needed. 

1 hour ago, PurrrningBoop said:

His "Elude" animation, reminds me of this gif too much:

Otherwise, he's somewhat interesting.

Or when flash vibes,or matrix neo,or some other cool dude that have something similar to this... 

7 hours ago, E-N-E-R-G-Y said:

Now, Baruuk is very very meh... there's absolutely nothing new with him.

Sleep: Equinox, Revenant second,  Ivara

Defensive/offensive Aura : Nezha, Nova, Chroma, Revenant

Combo/stacks - Nidus, Altas, 

Damage absorb - Garuda, Zehpry, Mesa, Gara, 

Ultimate - Exalted fists? really? Excalibur, Wukong, Valkry. This ability is the most disappointing really, go around rag-dolling enemies with fists, a pistol does that.

I am not saying no new frame should exhibit existing mechanics, but at lease 2 new abilities.

I miss when a new warframe meant a new approach to the game, a new dynamics e.g Nekros, meant we could now farm efficiently, Chroma - we could now nuke single targets, Mesa - we could now aimbot, Zephry - we could now fly, Limbo - we could now become non existent. This is what made me look forward to such new warframes, but recently warframes are just a combination of what we already have, which makes them less of a game changer honestly.

And yea he have similar powers from the older frames, but all this powers are very good and interesting to combine. For me he is going to bee in top 3 best frames. Look for example excal become poster boy when he got reworked and add excalted blade. Back then he whose 1 big nothing. This new frame is something that weary big number likes and they desperately need to have more and more frames in that excal direction. Maybe wukong is not the best,but this 1 whose success. He is just new fun killing machine and this is what we all waiting for a long time. (Thanks DE for listening the community) 😏🍺👍 And yea 1 more thing,from what I can see you like press to winn,but 80% players don't...because what's the point.

Edited by Vlada91

6 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

I know it's hard not having a new press 4 to win mindless nuker but some people like support frames.

in my opinion, you agree with each other at some point but can't admit because you both have to be offensive and subjective with your opinions.

Edited by rushari

I am very excited about this frame tbh.

But I look at most of the room wiping frames and think, "Meh"

Only thing I am not a fan of? The art direction...Loincloth and man bun seems weird to me. 

Hopefully the alt helmet will be man-bun free without pandering to stereotypes in the process (no rings, disks, or bones please). 

7 hours ago, E-N-E-R-G-Y said:

Now, Baruuk is very very meh... there's absolutely nothing new with him.

Sleep: Equinox, Revenant second,  Ivara

Defensive/offensive Aura : Nezha, Nova, Chroma, Revenant

Combo/stacks - Nidus, Altas, 

Damage absorb - Garuda, Zehpry, Mesa, Gara, 

Ultimate - Exalted fists? really? Excalibur, Wukong, Valkry. This ability is the most disappointing really, go around rag-dolling enemies with fists, a pistol does that.

I am not saying no new frame should exhibit existing mechanics, but at lease 2 new abilities.

I miss when a new warframe meant a new approach to the game, a new dynamics e.g Nekros, meant we could now farm efficiently, Chroma - we could now nuke single targets, Mesa - we could now aimbot, Zephry - we could now fly, Limbo - we could now become non existent. This is what made me look forward to such new warframes, but recently warframes are just a combination of what we already have, which makes them less of a game changer honestly.

Funny how you mention Chroma as something new when Rhino could do the exact same thing with his Roar and it applied to everything. Chroma was only better due to a bug versus single targets, nowdays they are as even as they can get when it comes to Roar vs Vex and that only applies in one single type of content, everywhere else Roar is simply superior. Rhino also has a full kit that is useful, Chroma has 2 skills that are useful, one of them being great.

And for the record. Rev cant sleep, Rev, Nova and Nezha dont have auras, Nidus doesnt have combos and Garuda, Zephyr, Mesa and Gara dont really have damage absorb, they have invincibility or damage reduction skills. And if you are hellbent on calling that damage absorb, then you should have added Nova, Nezha and Rev there too, along with Nidus and possibly Valkyr aswell.

With this many frames, coming up with 4 unique skills simply wont be a thing, not ones that actually work and are useful in gameplay.

And to be fair, exalted weapons can be very different. Excal plays very differently from Valkyr and Wukong, who in return also play very differently from Mesa, who plays differently from Titania. None of them feel the same.

But we had this back with Khora too. "wha wha wha she like klone of Herruw an Nedus wha wha wha!" and with Rev and how he was a Nyx clone (I mean ffs seriously?). And somehow lately Garuda was an Ember clone and at times called an Ash clone.

17 hours ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

In order to keep the theme of baruuk being against killing and blood shed, when he performs a finisher, he either subdues them or disarms them.

If an enemy has low enough health for an insta-kill finisher, Baruuk could instead perform quick strikes that would knock the target out cold (would be the same as killing only the bodies would be intact without any traces of blood on them. Thus making it look like they were knocked out cold and won't be able to get back up for the rest of the level)

If an enemy's health bar is too high, it would work like other finishers only with baruuk performing different strikes that would damage the enemy (without spilling it's blood) and disarm the target. Kinda of like the equalizer. 

Additionally, using weapons as baruuk will not cut of limbs of rag-dolls or cause blood to splatter. This way, it would look like he uses the weapons to knock out enemies for a very long time.

P.s., I think his first ability should work from all sides. If that would mean a higher energy drain then so be it.

Just to clarify, Baruuk would still KILL the enemies. It would just be that the blood animations along with the bodies being torn to pieces would be removed. So the dead bodies would be in one piece with no blood coming out. It make it LOOK like baruuk knocked them out, but they are still dead and will despawn like any other corpse. This is just for looks only. It would not affect gameplay at all.

1 hour ago, DUSTCLOUD said:

New warframe almost weeks from announcement.
Reused assets expected

Disagree with that. The ones that absorb to me are Rhino and Nezha

Yeah you quoted the wrong person. 

But I agree, Rhino is an absorb frame. Nezha though is more of a hybrid, he's like a mix of Gara and Rhino, mitigating 90% of damage dealt for aslong as his halo lasts, while also benefitting from status immunity like Rhino. Rev should also be an absorb tank, since he absorbs all damage for as many charges of mesmer skin he has.

Garuda is a hybrid aswell since she both negates damage completely while also absorbing it to fuel the release damage of her #1.

10 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

I like how this implies his "infinite ragdoll cc" 4 is not press 4 to win.

Edit: I also like how the whole thread devolves into "spamming 234 is more interesting and skill-based than spamming 4"

Fun fact, Saryn (134) uses exactly as many buttons as Trinity does (234).

Edited by HugintheCrow

11 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah you quoted the wrong person. 

But I agree, Rhino is an absorb frame. Nezha though is more of a hybrid, he's like a mix of Gara and Rhino, mitigating 90% of damage dealt for aslong as his halo lasts, while also benefitting from status immunity like Rhino. Rev should also be an absorb tank, since he absorbs all damage for as many charges of mesmer skin he has.

Garuda is a hybrid aswell since she both negates damage completely while also absorbing it to fuel the release damage of her #1.

It was the right person. you said it. not everything was directed to you. 
I'd call what Garuda does reaping rather than absorbing lol.

On 2018-12-09 at 5:32 PM, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

I am pretty certain that they will make the exalted combos follow the new control layout for melee 3.0. Otherwise it goes against how they did not want to make the combo list for each stance different every time.

Well, the thing is, Melee 3.0 is taking out having to equip melee altogether but exalted weapons still require to be "equipped" so at most the change would be the addition of some of the light attacks being changed to heavy attacks in the combo side of thing and that would probably be it.