Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hard Mode/New Game Plus Missions

JonnyOptimus

My suggestion is for a Hard Mode for all missions in the star chart. Once you have completed the star chart every node should have the option for a Hard Mode in which enemies start at a higher level (60? 80? 100? 120?). 

It could even be progressive (Hard Mode, Hard Mode+, Hard Mode++). 

I think much of the player base would love more challenging content (especially challenging content that doesn't restrict you to using only certain frames by adding more "no ability usage" mechanics) and this seems like such an easy thing to implement. 

Thoughts? 

I dont see a reason why not, but then there wont be much people who would play with new players, because everyone obviously would chose to play with lvl 100 enemies for more fun

But, in the other hand, you could just mod your frames/guns to be less powerful, because if you mod your guns properly even a lvl 120 enemy just gets 1 shot, and we dont even talk about all the nuke frames etc, just increasing the level of the enemy wont really solve the problem with the game being easy, people will find another reason to complain about it, even if it was like lvl 9999+ you still can instantly kill them by using covert lethality on a dagger and nothing else

20 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

If it were solely about enemy levels, it would be no problem. People don't want to fight them if there is no increased reward.

Many people do it now; staying in endless missions just for the fun and challenge of it. That said, some kind of increased rewards would be great! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-11-17 at 7:41 AM, vid23 said:

I dont see a reason why not, but then there wont be much people who would play with new players, because everyone obviously would chose to play with lvl 100 enemies for more fun

Solo gameplay is a thing. Once you have the gear, the entire star chart and sorties can usually be cleared solo (outside the odd interception). So I dont think added enemy levels would do much to multiplayer.

The option to bump levels might have glancing effect to expand mission locations for a very few riven challenges and might very well open up xp farming.

Am 17.11.2018 um 16:41 schrieb vid23:

Haha! If you have followed the forums lately a bit with all the discussions about Arbitrations and the Nerf on Fortuna Enemies, i guess you would be surprised how many Veterans/more experienced players hate the idea of fighting stronger enemies and disagree with the thought that tougher enemies could provide some sort of fun somehow 😀

Also:

- unless there is a fissure somewhere, i dont play any of those tilesets 90% of the time anyway - why should i?

- new players are complaining about too strong players ruining their experience, so if some of them move on to more difficult missions, they would be playing with more people that are on the same lvl as they are, so their experience would become better

- at the same time, there are vets complaining about noobs that are too slow which results in them having to wait in extraction for 1 minute (unbelievable!!), and many people decide to play solo especially in certain gamemodes like Spy because they dont want new players to fail the mission and "waste their time"

- i think there are always enough new players anyway for matchmaking

So, +1 for this idea, i also suggested this in the fortuna feedbacksection for bounties already:

Spoiler

Edited by DreisterDino