General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

cant get some fish to spawn for me

Brian770

when fishing in lake, caves, and ponds i can not get some fish to spawn. Its nothing i am doing, as a friend on discord that is fishing literaly right next to me is getting all the fish. I can not get recasters, longwinders, charamotes, tromyzons, or synathids to spawn, EVER. luckly he is catching them hand over fist and has traded them to me to get the parts i need to dismantle them to make forward progress.

there must be some kind of bug causing this, he is seeing and catching them using same exact gear that i am using, same pole bait  location, everything yet i cant even see them much less try to catch them.

last night i went fishing for 2 full cycles of the warm/cold and my total catch was 210 fish and 3 boots, his catch was 212 fish and 1 boot, this was from 5 different locations. i did not have one single recaster, longwinder, charamote, tromyzon, or synathid. he had over 20 of each.the only difference is i am a MR 24 and he is a MR 25.this happens every time we go out, and even when i am out alone i get the same results. why is this? having a friend along for a direct side by side comparison should highlight the problem. i could see if things are different once in a while, but not every single time in every location for always the same fish.

Did you tried if the fish spawns normally for you in solo session? Cuz I'm fishing always in solo and I got every fish in the game. Also there is forum thread that hotspots are currently showing (spawning) only for the host of the session, so that might cause the problem, that you'll get only common fish, when you are playing together with someone.