Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pax Arcanes Suck

Grimmstyler

2 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

So PAX Charge turns a Kitgun into a battery gun? (Thats good for unlimited ammo)

Does the +%Battery Charge from PAX Charge go off the initial Reload Speed?

It could be confusing building a Kitgun where magazine Reload Speed less is better Like say 0.9 reload speed is better than 2.0.

But with battery recharge, it could be mistaken that that more would be better to increase battery charge rate. There are no sources of info (In Game, which they need to do dammit) for Conversion of Reload and Recharge rate. Especially when building a Kitgun that includes PAX Charge.

And damn, that's pretty intricate.

The rank of Pax Charge changes the Delay, which is the time between you stopping firing and the recharge starting (it is 1.0s, a maxed Pax Charge makes it 0.5s).

Once the recharge starts each chamber appears to have a fixed charge rate, that is the amount of ammo it reloads per seconds. What actually affects that value is currently unknown, but it appears there is a fixed rate per chamber and speculations various factors (such as reload speed mods, fire rate mods, etc) alter those.

8 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

So I'm guessing weapon Buffs like Octavia 's 4 doesn't apply to PAX Seeker?

Does PAX Seeker include Crit and Status effects?

Actually, all buffs appear to work on Pax Seeker (this is almost 100% certainty), more than that it appears Pax Seeker damage itself might also be affected by Power Strength (this is kind of shady).

And it's proven that all the mods on your weapon work with Pax Seeker (previously it was being affected twice by damage mods making them hike up damage exponentially rather than linearly), and it can in fact land critical hits AND status effects. It also comes with an innate forced impact proc, in addition to whatever else it might trigger.

5 minutes ago, Julian_Skies said:

The rank of Pax Charge changes the Delay, which is the time between you stopping firing and the recharge starting (it is 1.0s, a maxed Pax Charge makes it 0.5s).

Values are incorrect. The base delay is equal to your gun's reloadtime. And, unfortunately, the description of reducing the timer by 50% is a lie. It's a 50% speedup (i.e., just a 33% reduction). Meaning, a 0,9 second reloadtime (the fastest one right now) becomes 0,6 seconds with the Arcane maxed, rather than 0,45 as most people expected it to be.

1 minute ago, Julian_Skies said:

Actually, all buffs appear to work on Pax Seeker (this is almost 100% certainty), more than that it appears Pax Seeker damage itself might also be affected by Power Strength (this is kind of shady).

And it's proven that all the mods on your weapon work with Pax Seeker (previously it was being affected twice by damage mods making them hike up damage exponentially rather than linearly), and it can in fact land critical hits AND status effects. It also comes with an innate forced impact proc, in addition to whatever else it might trigger.

So why wouldn't PAX Soar work with Zephyr's 1st ability?

6 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Values are incorrect. The base delay is equal to your gun's reloadtime. And, unfortunately, the description of reducing the timer by 50% is a lie. It's a 50% speedup (i.e., just a 33% reduction). Meaning, a 0,9 second reloadtime (the fastest one right now) becomes 0,6 seconds with the Arcane maxed, rather than 0,45 as most people expected it to be.

PAX Charge works across all Chambers?

6 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Aha, my bad. Thank for the correction.

Actually it works exactly the same as reload speed mods, which is interesting.

4 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

So why wouldn't PAX Soar work with Zephyr's 1st ability?

I was just mentioning Pax Seeker, which I have seen information about. Not a lot of people are excited about Pax Soar and i'm personally working on maxing out Pax Charge first, so i'm not really certain. I do believe Zephyr's hover doesn't counts as an aim glide- Since you don't trigger the 'Aim Glide' function while it's active. However, I would first have to test to be certain.

1 hour ago, Julian_Skies said:

Aha, my bad. Thank for the correction.

Actually it works exactly the same as reload speed mods, which is interesting.

Yeah they work as reload speed mods. But that's where it gets tricky, because reloadspeed mods are described correctly (+X% reloadspeed), while the Arcane says it reduces time (-X% reloadtime, basicly), which are inverse mechanics. The terminology is very off on the Arcane (but reloadspeed mods are written correctly).

Just as a quick comparison, so you see the numbers more clearly:

+50% speed = -33% time
+100% speed = -50% time

The problem is that the Arcane says -50% time (i.e. +100% speed), but it only gives +50% speed (i.e. -33% time).

1 hour ago, Grimmstyler said:

PAX Charge works across all Chambers?

Yes, ofc.

Pax Charge works like this:

* Makes the spare ammo of your gun set to unlimited, the gun is now only using a self-recharging magazine, just like Cycron and Flux Rifle (or Archwing Guns / Titania's Dex Pixia)
* The recharge delay is directly related to the gun's base reloadtime (which is affected by the Loader you pick). Improving the Arcane's ranks further makes the delay shorter and shorter.
* The ammo recharge speed is related to the Chamber. Estimated values are 5 ammo/sec for Catchmoon, 10 ammo/sec for Tombfinger and 20 ammo/sec for Gaze and Rattleguts.
* How/what mods affect the two reloadmechanics is not certain either, but one can very likely assume that reloadspeed mods both boosts the rechargespeed and reduces the delaytime.

If you are using the Gibber/Ramble grips (which makes your guns very fast, but also very ammo inefficient), this Arcane is basicly a must-have if you don't wanna rely on ammopizzas or Carrier's Ammo Case ability etc.

5 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Yes, ofc.

Pax Charge works like this:

* Makes the spare ammo of your gun set to unlimited, the gun is now only using a self-recharging magazine, just like Cycron and Flux Rifle (or Archwing Guns / Titania's Dex Pixia)
* The recharge delay is directly related to the gun's base reloadtime (which is affected by the Loader you pick). Improving the Arcane's ranks further makes the delay shorter and shorter.
* The ammo recharge speed is related to the Chamber. Estimated values are 5 ammo/sec for Catchmoon, 10 ammo/sec for Tombfinger and 20 ammo/sec for Gaze and Rattleguts.
* How/what mods affect the two reloadmechanics is not certain either, but one can very likely assume that reloadspeed mods both boosts the rechargespeed and reduces the delaytime.

If you are using the Gibber/Ramble grips (which makes your guns very fast, but also very ammo inefficient), this Arcane is basicly a must-have if you don't wanna rely on ammopizzas or Carrier's Ammo Case ability etc.

That's actually not a bad Pax Arcane.. Unlimited Ammo. 

It sounds great for [Vigorous Swap]

Edited by Grimmstyler

Just now, Grimmstyler said:

That's actually not a bad Pax Arcane.. Unlimited Ammo.

Oh it's definitely good. My fav of the bunch. I'd also recommend Pax Seeker if you build hardhitting and ammo-efficient guns (Like Catchmoon or Tombfinger with Haymaker). The other 2 Arcanes seem too situational to me, personally.

51 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Oh it's definitely good. My fav of the bunch. I'd also recommend Pax Seeker if you build hardhitting and ammo-efficient guns (Like Catchmoon or Tombfinger with Haymaker). The other 2 Arcanes seem too situational to me, personally.

Yea like [Bladed Rounds] or [Spring Loaded Chamber]

at least they're not head shot based

Edited by Grimmstyler