Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Mounts

Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3

I knew that hoverboards would be part of Warframe, so maybe there might be War Mounts in the distant future. These might be along the lines of the caragor, graug, and drake mounts from Middle Earth: Shadow of War. I always liked knocking down Uruks with my lance/glave (polearm, not throwing) then letting my caragor feast on them.

Not for Warframes, but in lieu of more esoteric fighting styles, I could see Z-kids making use of traditional fighting techniques. I could see some of the Bigger Kubrows - or possibly tamed Kubrodons since they're a touch more durable - being able to handle riding.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-11-17 at 2:05 PM, xZeromusx said:

As much of a rip off from Halo it might be, I'd definitely be on board for some vehicles. Corpus/Grineer style tanks, vehicle mounted machine guns, the Coildrive transports that we see on Fortuna.

I think the Orokin tried that, but it didn’t really work against the Sentient. That’s why they found a large enough beast to be used as a war mount. Or maybe a LOTR-movie-style oliphaunt.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, KronikPlague said:

i would prefer them to make a tenno motorcycle before they go full blown fantasy with dragons lol

Don’t you remember what Ballas Wrote? That the more advanced they became, the easier it was to fall before the enemy of the Old War. I’d think they’d take that into account when designing our weapons, or our war mounts.

5 hours ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

Don’t you remember what Ballas Wrote? That the more advanced they became, the easier it was to fall before the enemy of the Old War. I’d think they’d take that into account when designing our weapons, or our war mounts.

but war mounts serve the purpose of vehicles, and in a futuristic setting, we have vehicles thats all i meant. At the moment the golden maw is the closest thing we have seen to something of that nature. It also wouldn't serve as a very friendly mount either. I'm all for mounts, but id like them to stay technological with them. Outright having mastadons and dragons just seems like a bit of visual clutter that takes away from the asthetics of "warframe" not just asthetics in general.

2 hours ago, KronikPlague said:

but war mounts serve the purpose of vehicles, and in a futuristic setting, we have vehicles thats all i meant. At the moment the golden maw is the closest thing we have seen to something of that nature. It also wouldn't serve as a very friendly mount either. I'm all for mounts, but id like them to stay technological with them. Outright having mastadons and dragons just seems like a bit of visual clutter that takes away from the asthetics of "warframe" not just asthetics in general.

I don't honestly see a practical use for mounts seeing as they would only be useful in the open world areas and would be kinda pointless literally everywhere else. We already have archwing and k-drives as our transportation methods and I don't see a large change such as mounts coming any time soon.