Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna exceeded my expectations

ZoahX

I'm sure a lot of people have mentioned or said things like this already, but I just wanted to share my overall satisfaction of the Fortuna expansion, at least in terms of the general idea of it, that being, a mission based sandbox area  for Warframe. Now I know we have had plains of eidolon for a good year now, but lets be honest(at least IMO) POE felt extremely bare bones in scope and content. I would even dare say uninspired in its overall design. However I know POE was a bit of experiment or guinea pig for the overall introduction of this new gameplay addition to warframe. 

I know Fortuna is still working out some kinks, but I have to say from the moment I stepped into orb valis I felt this sense of actually wanting to go out and explore and was treated to a very interesting and incredibly unique environment compared to my first few moments with POE(which pretty much only had lakes and caves and tiny grineer bases). The area feels incredibly live and busy and seems like it has so many secrets to be uncovered and the amount of things that can happen at once on screen is very entertaining. 

Initially I was worried Fortuna would try to sell itself on its gimmicks of the K-drive and hunting and whatnot similar to how I felt POE did. but surprisingly the world itself genuinely does feel like the main selling point. 

Anyway I really just wanted to say overall I really enjoy Fortuna and see it as a huge improvement and far better representation of what an sandbox/open world area that everyone wanted for warframe looks should be like.

What do you guys think? Have you been enjoying Fortuna so far? Or has it disappointed you over all?

1 minute ago, stormy505 said:

..... wut

fotuna is just a more polished Poe. They both still have a lack of stuff to actually do. And fortuna currently has less content then Poe cause we can't fight the orbs right now. Like even if it's bigger then Poe it's just as empty as Poe was.

Well I guess thats true, but I don't know for me it definitely feels like a more interesting place. I mean I feel like we have just as many things to do in it compared to POE cus a lot of stuff is all just rehashed. But IMO I feel like there is more going on in terms of just general exploration, not so much major event content. I certainly don't feel like its empty. 

13 minutes ago, ZoahX said:

What do you guys think? Have you been enjoying Fortuna so far? Or has it disappointed you over all?

I'm enjoying it. Haven't explored the world that much, but the new mechanics make a difference. Such as optional conditions to tasks, and tasks themselves seem more creative. The ability to get new tasks without getting back to Foruna etc.The new enemies feel new, unlike Tusks who are just a palette swap.

Fluff-wise it's also more compelling. Fortuna has more character and flavour - if Cetus may feel like a place to hang out for some moments and then leave, in Fortuna you actually want to stay longer. And, you actually want to help these people.

Not all flawas have been adressed, but so far it really is "Plains but better".

7 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

..... wut

fotuna is just a more polished Poe. They both still have a lack of stuff to actually do. And fortuna currently has less content then Poe cause we can't fight the orbs right now. Like even if it's bigger then Poe it's just as empty as Poe was.

33d.jpg

Things I like so far:

1. More diverse enemies with interesting mechanics

2. Notoriety level that ramps up the difficulty and frequency of enemies

3. Caves are visually more interesting to explore

4. Buildings with actual interiors that can be explored and are often included in Bounty objectives

5. K-drive and races

6. Points of interest on the map (hopefully with more interaction to come)

7. NPCs with a bit more personality

I hope that DE continues to expand on Fortuna by adding more interaction with the points of interest on the map, such as the space port, the Profit shrine, and of course the upcoming spiders.

Edited by IntheCoconut

Things I like:

Bigger area with more to explore.

Conservation.

Bounties have more to them, making them more interesting fights.

Enemies are more engaging to fight.

Bases are more compelling to explore and fight in.

Mini-bosses are unique opponents, especially when fought in groups.

Kitguns are great. Powerful and different from most other guns. 

The progression curve is much improved, as you don't need fish to catch other fish to catch other fish to fight an Eidolon that drop a shard to fight another Eidolon that drops a shard to fight another Eidolon to get Arcanes and Focus. No, everything is a bit more self-contained.

Solaris are pretty nice too. I'm fond of the Ostrons, but the Solaris make a nice change of pace.

Things I don't like.

Scaling could still use a little tweaking particularly stuff like the Jackal's miniguns that are harder to dodge - I'd say the harder to dodge something, the less hard it should hit. Then again, I like playing squishy frames so take that with a pinch of salt.

Toroids don't appear to have the same drop chance between them - this might just be RNG trolling me, but Enrichment lab toroids seem to have a higher drop rate than other toroids (I've seen other people suggest this too) and the Spaceport appears to have the lowest. Given that their all worth the same value, I think they ought to have the same drop rate. Again, could just be RNG screwing me over but still - I have seven Calda Toroids, three Sola and one Vega, which I picked up several days ago.

Despite the large area, only a few locations are viable for bounties, making the area that you actually play about as large as PoE for some reason, and it feels like I'm visiting even fewer locations sometimes.  None of the peripheral facilities have bounties take place there and only one of the indoor areas. Why isn't there any intel at the Temple of Profit? How come none of the resources to be shipped in or out are at the Spaceport?

No lore... I was hoping there'd be more lore to experience

Edited by Loza03
Some 'Interesting' changes (Redundant wording)

Its basicly POE but with a huge RNG added.

Even the bounties, its RNG to even get certain bond bounties, but assume at least 1 has the one u need, the massive RNG kicks in. As its only part of of a drop-table, odds are you wont get it. Again, and again.. and again. But since u need 10 to progress, a bounty gives a chance of 2, the RNG just blows the roof off.

Once I get the 3 guns for my pets, I probably don't even visit the place anymore.

Nobody stays longer then 1 bounty, or leaves halfway already, solo on several parts is close to impossible to do (the box-collecting in a cave.. serious who made that up?), the mobs just spawn next to you and for the majority of frames, stuff around there hits way too hard.

Edited by SinergyX

22 minutes ago, SinergyX said:

Its basicly POE but with a huge RNG added.

Even the bounties, its RNG to even get certain bond bounties, but assume at least 1 has the one u need, the massive RNG kicks in. As its only part of of a drop-table, odds are you wont get it. Again, and again.. and again. But since u need 10 to progress, a bounty gives a chance of 2, the RNG just blows the roof off.

Once I get the 3 guns for my pets, I probably don't even visit the place anymore.

Nobody stays longer then 1 bounty, or leaves halfway already, solo on several parts is close to impossible to do (the box-collecting in a cave.. serious who made that up?), the mobs just spawn next to you and for the majority of frames, stuff around there hits way too hard.

Well...I mean literally everything in warframe is RNG, I feel like that is something we should all be use to by now but sure maybe that could be a little improved on. To be honest warframe prob has some of the fairest RNG if you ask me though. As for the enemies though I can definitely sympathize there, but its been clear from the get go (as even DE has noticed) that something is off with the current enemies in the area so im sure we will see some massive improvements on that in the future. 

14 minutes ago, ZoahX said:

Well...I mean literally everything in warframe is RNG, I feel like that is something we should all be use to by now but sure maybe that could be a little improved on. To be honest warframe prob has some of the fairest RNG if you ask me though. As for the enemies though I can definitely sympathize there, but its been clear from the get go (as even DE has noticed) that something is off with the current enemies in the area so im sure we will see some massive improvements on that in the future. 

Agree on most is already RNG (still part of droptables, but alas), but the majority has a greater part of influence to narrow down the RNG. Lures for certain fish, relics to get certain primes (plus each of your team has change, wich u can select), and offcourse the 'rare' stuff should have a way lower drop chance (such as arcane energize), but we're talking just normal bonds. I've done the bounty 9 times now, not a single one from the 'common' droptable. Now if it would've been a rare mod, part of a unique weapon, I wouldn't mind, but its something u can buy at times from the bond-trader.

The zone is huge and vast, got a massive base and a few very big caves, surely there could've done way more with the zone and its missions then just some random stuff around the place. Even making certain bounties more static on places, instead of just making a stage of a bounty at random 1200 meters away.

Edited by SinergyX

Its a step up from PoE for sure. Bounties are better but lack locations, i havent had a single bounty on the edges of Vallis.

I was looking for the 'catch' which was Quills for PoE and as it turns out its the counterpart Vox Solaris. Toroid farming is even S#&$tier though.

Eh, Fortuna is all right I guess.

There's a lot of stuff that annoys me, like how most of the bounty missions are defending things. "defend this, defend that". Doesn't really let you play any Warframe because (and this is another annoying thing) the damage is kinda stupid regardless of level. Lots of enemy Corpus can kill you in a couple of shots even if you have a sturdy Frame at level 30. Moreover, the pushback is all over the place. Since there's a plethora of enemies around you and turrets sniping you, you don't even know what happened when you're already in mid air, unable to protect the thing that literally dies in 2 shots because of the psychotic damage these guys have.

I enjoy strolling around in the snow and... K-Drives, of course, but it could definitely be better. I overall enjoy it I just wish I didn't need to defend everything in every mission and didn't get two-shotted for not bringing a nuker Frame.

It is a vast improvement over PoE and I honestly hope they translate it to PoE. I've yet to have as much fun as I do when maxing out the wanted level. It's chaotic, and if you use a frame where you don't have an auto god mode nor super high DPS such as Mesa, it's a blast where you can actually die. I want more of these enemies everywhere. I want (wishful thinking) every encounter to be as dynamic as it is in Fortuna. I want more units that use skills against us. Given how the scaling is so basic in WF, and how the AI can only be so "smart" at the onslaught of Tenno weaponry, the way some of the enemies use things like the Vauban jump trap or the ice wave, is really fun IMO.