Considering Mesa prime is most likely the next prime, let's talk about changes to her.

DenoDagor

So, we all guess Mesa Prime is next prime. And DE has been giving frames a little touch up when their prime comes out.

What do YOU think should change and what shouldn't change on her?

For me it'd be mostly just her 1, just get rid of it. I'd say she could have something close to Excal's 1, but with the Regulators.

A quick dodge or dash in the direction you're moving, during it she automatically shoots the closest enemies, 3 of them at most(?).

Something very quick, usable while moving without stopping your control for too long.

The thing is, it'd need to have some synergy with her other skills like:

- Hitting enemies stunned by her 2 deal extra damage;

or

- Enemies hit get marked and take extra damage from all sources for 5 - 10 secs. Could maybe stun them, disarm (like shooting off their weapons), or at least a guaranteed impact proc. (Doesn't really have synergy with her skills but helps make it useful even at high levels since it'd be an extra % of the damage, or it could only activate this effect if it hits enemies that are stunned by her 2)

What do you think? Any ideas? What would change about her or about my suggestion?

32 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Absolutely nothing, she doesn’t need any changes to her kit at all, she’s fine as she is right now.

1: Waste Energy on overkill button
2: Mostly redundant button
3: Passively never die button
4: Peacemaker

She pretty much only has one ability. I wonder why people think she needs some work.

4 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Is there any reason to change it? Mesa is fine.

Do you think her 1 is fun? Because I sure don't think it's even useful, anything it can do her 4 can do quicker.

I'm just saying we could have it changed so it's more interactive and maybe even useful. Sure nerf something else so it's not just a straight up buff.

I'm conflicted with her personally.  I love her thematically and asthetically.  It feels great to basically aim bot enemies.  It also feels great to unload into a single enemy.  But that's all she is.  Her 2 and 3 just exist so she can use her 4 safely.  And her 1 is overkill on trash.  and not strong enough against high end content bosses due to the damage cap.  and her 4 takes care of bosses and everything in between.

By all intent she's not a good kit design wise.  But I doubt they'ed actually overhaul her in anyway.

1 hour ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Is there any reason to change it? Mesa's 4 is fine.

Changed that for you. 

Her one is a wasted slot that is inconvenient at best even when you bother to use it.

Her 2 isn't a bad ability but could be improved, but its biggest flaw is that it's pretty redundant with her 3. Why have an ability to resist gunfire if you have an ability to turn enemy gunfire completely off? And vice versa. 

2 hours ago, DenoDagor said:

Why not? Is there any reason to keep it?

Yeah, I can think of one; switch the single shot boost to an un-mod-able duration boost, balances out based on weapon DPS (which is already something DE balances around on everything they create) instead of this silly, easily-wasted one-time-only effect.

Currently it's pretty much only terrible due to the fact that you can simply... miss. Multiple reasons though, not just potato aim, lag can make you miss projectile shots, or just random enemy teleportation when they decide to jump over a gap or up/down a ledge. If, however, you could get 3 seconds of that same heightened damage... even potato aim or lag can be compensated for.

It would even make the Augment worth it, because adding on bonus Status to your shot based on the percentage of charged damage would be amazing with some weapons. Imagine a 100% Status boost on any Shotgun you like? Able to push those builds that you can't quite get to true 100% over the edge for that limited duration when you need it? Or any Projectile-based weapon where the bonus from the Augment is flat (not additive) so turning your secondary projectiles, like those shiny Akbolto Primes, into a guaranteed Status beast whenever you meet something heavily armoured, or a crowd that needs radiation on it, or you name it.... Augh, that would be glorious being able to just put on pure damage mods to wipe out the trash mobs while you charge up that 1 to suddenly unleash ten kinds of heck on some unsuspecting heavies when they roll in...

And even then you could pair this up with just Peacemaker too, since you can activate its boost while in Peacemaker already. 3 seconds of massively boosted base damage and an Augmented boost to Status too. Fun times.

If I had to change anything else about her... all I'd say is to bring back some of the more fun animations from Peacemaker. Old Peacemaker used to be global auto-aim, and she had animations for twisting into different directions, shooting two enemies at once while aiming in two different directions, she even had a Bayonetta-style backwards-leaning shot for enemies behind her. So my change would simply be to have Mesa take her orientation from where the aiming was at casting, and bring back as many of the older animations as possible for when she had to shoot things behind her or to the side of her.

Thoughts?

Well, I use Mesa's 1 to kill Phorid by boosting my Rubico P but that's all it's good for.

As for her 1, instead of moving her forward, maybe it can move her backwards and quickly shoot enemies within the aiming circle of peacemaker using well, the peacemakers, at the minimum multi with maximum aiming radius or whatever multi and aim radius if peacemakers is toggled on.

Also, more energy for her would be nice. Knowing DE, prime will just get more shields and more energy.

Edited by Guest

While we can certainly discuss possible changes... which I say really only needs to be her 1 realistically. But...

7 hours ago, DenoDagor said:

So, we all guess Mesa Prime is next prime. And DE has been giving frames a little touch up when their prime comes out.

Except Chroma... who had no changes and honestly is in a worse of position than Mesa overall. I am just going to be salty...

7 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

Well, I use Mesa's 1 to kill Phorid by boosting my Rubico P but that's all it's good for.

As for her 1, instead of moving her forward, maybe it can move her backwards and quickly shoot enemies within the aiming circle of peacemaker using well, the peacemakers, at the minimum multi with maximum aiming radius or whatever multi and aim radius if peacemakers is toggled on.

Also, more energy for her would be nice. Knowing DE, prime will just get more shields and more energy.

Yeah I was thinking about moving towards where you're running, so you can also use it to move backwards just press S before 1. Not much reason to have a power that only moves backwards, better to have options.

7 hours ago, ZodiacShinryu said:

While we can certainly discuss possible changes... which I say really only needs to be her 1 realistically. But...

Except Chroma... who had no changes and honestly is in a worse of position than Mesa overall. I am just going to be salty...

Yeah, Chroma deserves a real rework, he's strong but he has 2 powers that are basically useless. He needs to have his power spread out more through all his four skills.

While Mesa's theme is that of a gunslinger, I'd argue that her actual powers is related to kinetic alterations (i.e. manipulating speeds). With that, I'd suggest something that could make her more interactive and a bit less ez mode:

Shatter Shield - Now an aura on Mesa which slows down (and weakens, but not as much as now) all incoming projectiles. If she just stays still, she'll take more damage than she does now, by far. But unaugmented Peacemaker makes her immobile! Well...

Ballistic Battery Kinetic Boost - Now a buff with X amount of move-charges and X amount of shot-charges. While she has a move-charge ready, Mesas rolls and dodges (maybe also bulletjumps?) move superfast (almost looking like a teleport) and make enemies lose track of her very briefly (as should all teleportation-esque abilities, imo), but they consume a move-charge for doing so. Shot-charges boost your next shot with +X damage and causes the shot to homingly bounce to a nearby target, if the target is within X meter range of the shot's impact location, but each shot also conusmes a shot-charge. Ability is refresheable at any time, and is castable during Peacemaker. (Note; Innately, let Mesa dodge and roll in all directions during Peacemaker too). Strength boost's the damageboost, duration boosts the number of charges (both types), range boosts how far away the shots can ricochet.

This would make Mesa a LOT more active, and would make her #1 ability a more interesting and diverse ability, which hopefully wouldn't be mostly neglected, like it is right now.

Thoughts?

Edited by Azamagon
Spelling

I keep seeing people say Mesa is fine, and in comparison to other frames that may be true if taking into consideration what she has in her kit. I don't think however that having 1 skill that is almost universally neglected is perfectly fine.

Her 1 definitely needs a buff or just complete change.

Her 2 is actually amazing crowd control when built for range and even more so in a team setting plus it's a weapon buff albeit it's no rhino or chroma buff, it would be great if it'd just calculate damage after mods. 

Her 3 is honestly braindead but there are quite a few frames at this point that just have some type of damage reduction or armor boosting ability

Her 4 is pure power fantasy. It's what originally made me get Mesa in her old iteration. It was definitely completely OP back then and sits in a more reasonable place now. I do feel that the augment is a bit of a bandaid tho. When she was originally released her 4 making her stand still was fine because you had 360 aimbot anyways and don't get me wrong, it's still incredibly powerful but losing that aoe field of vision should have been compensated with movement I'm.

replace Ballistic Battery with a new skill: "Quickdraw".

- Mesa pulls out one of her regulators and immediately shoots the nearest enemy, then holsters the peacemaker, all in the blink of an eye (roughly half a second or even less, so fast you barely see it). this would act as a low cost, single target alternative to peacemaker that allows Mesa to deal with priority enemies and inflict more damage to bosses when low on energy. it could also be made so that it charges passively from gun kills, in the same way volt's passive is charged through movement, with a reasonable cap on the damage. the extra damage goes into Quickdraw and this also encourages Mesa players to use their own guns more to build the Quickdraw damage up.

Image result for quickdraw gif

57 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Players that actually play Mesa will use at least 3 of her abilities regularly, unless your still on Mercury that is. Lol

You're missing the point (hopefully not on purpose)

It's because they are not interactive, 2 and 3 are literally just one press and forget. Her 1 is arguably useless considering her 4 can do much better damage. Her 4 is the only fun AND useful ability.