General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Misleading Navigation & Objective Markers

Lionheart

The title says it all, the navigation system needs an update for quite some time. In some situations the markers take way too long to update properly or think you are in a previous tileset area, which results in you going there, only for marker to point you back in the direction of the room (area) you just came from; also it directs you to use the optional elevators and paths, most notable in the Grineer Asteroid tileset.

And sometimes it completely breaks, and forgets it is supposed to lead you, like in the screenshot shown below. I have seen threads about this, but these were posted quite long ago - and nothing was done.

As you can see, I even have the map open, and there is no indication of where I am supposed to go. To me - it is definitely bug, and so it belongs in this forum section.

Spoiler

agPt9mfs1F4.jpg

• 1 month later...

The same problem persists pretty much everywhere... Objective marker is broken and DE is not fixing it for some reason. A lot of times when you do missions like exterminate, sabotage, spy, capture, etc... you go so fast that the marker can't even keep up with you and it even points you in the wrong direction. I noticed there is purposely put delay between updates, like some animation, for the marker when you go through rooms...
I swear, every time DE releases some new update, they take 2 steps forward and 1.5 steps backwards breaking something or making absolutely retarded changes like with the objective marker now.
I might copy paste the same post in various threads for players with similar problem, since it's probably the only way to make DE notice threads like this, is only if it has a lot of views and replies...