Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it worth to go from 98.2 to 100% Status chance?

Stormwind81

Question

Hi,

Who can help me out with tweaking my Tigris Prime?
As I got me a nice Riven for it I am not sure if Status Chance should be maxed at 100%.

I can increase Magnetic for another 4k but then I go from 100% Status Chance down to 98.2%.

Any hardcore Player here can tell exactly how much of a difference will it make.

My mods:
Toxic Barrage, Primed Point Blac, Scattering Inferno, Hell's Chamber, Sweeping Serration, Shell Shock and Chilling Grasp

Edited by Stormwind81

7 answers to this question

Yes, it's a huge difference because of the weird way Status Chance is calculated.

For shotguns, the status% represents the probability of at least one pellet in shot to inflict Status. having However, if your status chance is 100% or more, every single pellet is guaranteed to inflict Status.

Edited by Guest

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Pr1A:

Yes, it's a big difference because of the weird way Status Chance is calculated.

For shotguns, the status% represents the probability of at least one pellet in shot to inflict Status. However, if your status chance is 100% or more, every single pellet is guaranteed to inflict Status.

Ok, I see.

And I already thought I didnt get Status-Chance. But it's because every tiny bullet counts towards it!

The way pellets shotguns calculate status is weird, but in short, usually it's divided between the pellets but if you reach 100% status before the multishot mods are applied, every single pellet will proc a status. This is devastating as you can imagine. Usually you need all 4 dual 60% status + 60% element mods to do it. The difference between having 99% before multishot and 100% is huge. Again this only applies to pellets shotguns. 

Only shotguns benefit inordinately from 100% status. So on your tigris it is VERY important. 

Consider this. A shotgun with 10 pellets and a listed status chance of 95% actually has 25.9% status chance per pellet and averages 2.59 procs per trigger pull. 

The same shotgun with one more status mod bringing it to 100% status chance has a 100% status chance per pellet, and averages 10 procs per trigger pull. 

Even 99% is a lot worse, as your pellets get about 36.9% proc chance for an average of 3.69 procs per trigger pull. 

On normal guns and melee weapons, not so much. 

Edited by Autongnosis