Jump to content

I didn't think Fetch would be a big deal...


skyfiredraco
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just had to post this musing sort of topic here... I'm curious to see if this mod has changed things significantly for anyone else lol.

But anyway, i was a little late to the party for Fortuna. I started just a few days ago and have only got to play around with it for about 3 days of play (darn you work! 😛 ).

First, let me say i'm enjoying myself quite a lot. Love the NPCs and orb valus. I enjoy the new fishing and mining more than PoE. K-drives are fun as hell. Wins all around (p.s. can we PLEASE get the ability to grab new bounties without going back to town put into PoE somehow? Pretty pretty please? lol).

But one small change that has hit me harder than i expected? Fetch.

Seriously... this thing has partly changed how i play.

I've always been a pet person. Khora is one of my favorite frames. I have a bright blue smeeta kavat named Azure and a bright red adarza named Pyra (my Venari is almost jet black :P).

But with those being my preferences? I still used my Sentinels more than them. Even when i wasn't using a weapon that required carrier and didn't need helios scans anymore. I was just to addicted to Vacuum.

Yes, addicted, because i realized i didn't NEED it. I got used to going double-kavat on khora just for the fun of it. But it was such a huge quality of life improvement that i just sucked it up and ran with Dethcube half the time because i was amused at the name lol.

Enter Fetch. I picked it up after the hotfix on it where it is basically just pet vacuum now.

I haven't touched a sentinel since. And i'm very, very happy with that.

My cats with their interesting mods are getting far more play now. I'm looking back into Kubrows and Helminths (i never made many because they didn't have charm/cat's eye and no vacuum). I'm starting to look at appearances and patterns.

It basically opened up a new play avenue for me 🙂

And that's with me STILL working on the parts for my first MOA. But i'm not in a huge rush there 🙂 (Garuda first, then MOA lol).

Anyway, just wanted to put up a happy post. And just shake my head a little at how, among all the huge changes and additions that have come recently, one simple little pet mod is making me smile this much.

Cheers Tenno. And props to my fellow beast masters 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had the same mindset. I was excited for fetch, but I still used my kavat a lot. Not as much as Helios prime at the time, but still. I haven't unequipped my Smeeta since I got fetch. I even breeded a new kavat and it's the perfect to me Smeeta. So I've been spending time to reforma him and make him viable like my other one I consigned (didn't like the way he looked). I knew it would be a huge thing to add, didn't realize I would like it as much as I did. My Kavat got to experience sorties for the first time today, also got to experience SO and ESO, i think that made him happy 😄 but meet Resource Booster haha. (Natural color is like some kind of green, but finally got the tail, ears and energy color I wanted. 

qmWRrNI.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, afterman85 said:

Fetch is really cool. I'm glad they made this change now if we could get Helios and carrier mods variants to pets or pets that are basically made to scan and provide ammo I'd use them even more!!

lets... not... ^^" the reason why vacuum was first added to every other sentinels, other than carrier, was because he was almost the ONLY sentinel used, exactly because of vacuum. because in a looter, extremely fast paced where standing still only one moment can kill you, it wasn't an option to run without vacuum. in a looter. for the LOOT, loot that you gain throught all your runs. then it has been extended to kavats, because once again, almost sentinels only were in the top 10 of most used companions... because of vacuum. now things will balance out. but this to me screams "design issue". the vacuum should have been a thing added by default on everyframe, and that's it... it took litteral YEARS to finally get what we needed. because without vacuum/fetch, your loots were cut in... half? in 3/4 ?

that's the thing, your loot in this game is directly linked to your progress and the stuff you make. it is important, and helps you grinding stuff to get mroe powerful weapons.

but the scan and ammo case thing.... no. nope. not at all. the scans aren't anything useful except for simulacrum, and you don't "need" it. it doesn't serves anything in a practical scenario in game. and for the case of ammo case, no. it's ammo economy. i never needed it, because of vacuum on Helios, for exemple, would get me with much more ammo that i would need. but it's only a matter of ammo management, where with vacuum it was directly impacting your loot and progression.

 

( .... i have way too much time to spend on doing wall of text. )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Console player here waiting for fetch. I’m excited for it too because my colorful pets are just decorations currently. 

I remember when vacuum was on Carrier and I had friends not using it. They resisted my urges to use carrier instead but for whatever reason they resisted. Then when it became all sentinels, they started telling me how stupid they were. I can’t not use it because there’s many times where I accidentally pick up rare mats. The game is too tedious without ir

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

Does vacuum and fetch just suck in items at the same range, or does it double the vacuum range?

if you are thinking of using koras kavat with fetch it doesn't work, or at the very least it doesn't add to the range, it keeps it the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

So to clarify, fetch in general doesn't work on Venari, or just fetch and vacuum doesn't stack?

they probably don't stack. but you can test. with one, Fetch, it's 13.5 meter. with vacuum, 11.5. together, it would be 25 meter vacuum. you ca probably run some tests on low leve mission if it does works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mikakor said:

lets... not... ^^" the reason why vacuum was first added to every other sentinels, other than carrier, was because he was almost the ONLY sentinel used, exactly because of vacuum. because in a looter, extremely fast paced where standing still only one moment can kill you, it wasn't an option to run without vacuum. in a looter. for the LOOT, loot that you gain throught all your runs. then it has been extended to kavats, because once again, almost sentinels only were in the top 10 of most used companions... because of vacuum. now things will balance out. but this to me screams "design issue". the vacuum should have been a thing added by default on everyframe, and that's it... it took litteral YEARS to finally get what we needed. because without vacuum/fetch, your loots were cut in... half? in 3/4 ?

that's the thing, your loot in this game is directly linked to your progress and the stuff you make. it is important, and helps you grinding stuff to get mroe powerful weapons.

but the scan and ammo case thing.... no. nope. not at all. the scans aren't anything useful except for simulacrum, and you don't "need" it. it doesn't serves anything in a practical scenario in game. and for the case of ammo case, no. it's ammo economy. i never needed it, because of vacuum on Helios, for exemple, would get me with much more ammo that i would need. but it's only a matter of ammo management, where with vacuum it was directly impacting your loot and progression.

 

( .... i have way too much time to spend on doing wall of text. )

+1 respect point for taking the time to reply thanks. Personally I still would love Helios and carrier Maos/Pets

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just checked out this topic. I did not realised there is a "vacuum" alternative. I have a question, does fetch function the same way, in the sense that it sucks up the loots? Or does the dog need to go to the loot and manually pass it to you one at a time? I want to find out before I buy the mod. Thanks all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ZesiMuerte said:

I just checked out this topic. I did not realised there is a "vacuum" alternative. I have a question, does fetch function the same way, in the sense that it sucks up the loots? Or does the dog need to go to the loot and manually pass it to you one at a time? I want to find out before I buy the mod. Thanks all.

Fetch and Vacuum were originally centered around the pet/sentinel, respectivey. It was harder to notice with sentinels because they're pretty much glued to your Warframe.

A recent-ish hotfix has made it to where loot is centered around the Warframe, so that it now directly pulls towards you. So yes, it sucks up the loot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm kind of hoping that now that DE has seen the light, Fetch/Vacuum and Animal Instinct can one day be removed as mods and transformed into basic mechanics of the game. Particularly now that we're getting all these set mods and pet 60/60s, we don't have space to burn two slots just to play the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sleepuinox said:

Fetch and Vacuum were originally centered around the pet/sentinel, respectivey. It was harder to notice with sentinels because they're pretty much glued to your Warframe.

A recent-ish hotfix has made it to where loot is centered around the Warframe, so that it now directly pulls towards you. So yes, it sucks up the loot.

Got it. Thanks!

 

1 hour ago, Hera.Ci said:

I'm kind of hoping that now that DE has seen the light, Fetch/Vacuum and Animal Instinct can one day be removed as mods and transformed into basic mechanics of the game. Particularly now that we're getting all these set mods and pet 60/60s, we don't have space to burn two slots just to play the game.

Yea, in a fast paced, loot fest game like this, vacuum kind of looting should be necessary. Having to stop and pick up loots kind of ruins the shooting, Aoe-ing momentum, imo.

Edited by ZesiMuerte
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...