Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cave fishing hotspots....Cant find any.

Kainosh

I know that they are subtle.

I even looked up a video with a cave hotspot....and it looks same as lake hotspot.  So i would totally notice it. 

Problem is....i searched every freaking cave with water in it....and nothing.  I spent whole cycle in one of those caves, waiting for Hotspot to spawn....still nothing.

Is it bugged right now? Or is it intended to be super rare? 

Coz i was expecting at least one to appear in every cave during warm period. 

It seems to be bugged.

Before, I would go to the northenmost cave (in regards to west/east, it's in the middle). That cave has a little "island" with a big mushroom on it, the island being almost entirely surrounded by a "ring" of water. It ALWAYS had a hot spot when I went there. But after whatever update that recently came out, now it NEVER spawns a hotspot there. Only cave where I have found hotspots now, is the southeasternmost one.

6 hours ago, Azamagon said:

It seems to be bugged.

Before, I would go to the northenmost cave (in regards to west/east, it's in the middle). That cave has a little "island" with a big mushroom on it, the island being almost entirely surrounded by a "ring" of water. It ALWAYS had a hot spot when I went there. But after whatever update that recently came out, now it NEVER spawns a hotspot there. Only cave where I have found hotspots now, is the southeasternmost one.

Had no trouble getting a hotspot to spawn there today as I needed Charamotes for the Occulor pistol. That said, it is occaisionally hard to read, depending on which side of the pond it spawns and, like all hotspots, will become fished out. Usually comes back after a few minutes, but sometimes take longer. In general, though, hotspots in other caves seem much rarer without any immediately obvious reason.

It's super bugged, after a load of testing there is only ever one cave hotspot up at a time. Not to mention there are far too many caves with too small and/or shallow puddles to actually be worth fishing in. They need to also fix the dye not highlighting fish most of the time in caves and fish that for whatever reason are just uncatchable.

I think there is only one or few cave hotspots available that spawn and move randomly. Since you don't need bait to catch the rarer fish, I suppose they encourage you to move around instead of camping one spot.

Edited by MrJxt