Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Cant We Level the Fishing Rod and Nosam cutters

(XBOX)Vamma Takayn

I remeber when the fishing rod and nosam cutters were first released i could actually do damage to the grineer soldiers. i dont mind not being able to customize it with different skins, or different colors, because its not a weapon but more like a codex scanner. However, if i can do damage, can i atleast rank all three of the fishing rods, and both the nosam cutter and advanced nosam cutter? all the way to rank 30 would be nice, with affinity towards my mastery rank would also be nice. plz leave your thoughts.

Edited by (XB1)Vamma Takayn
clarity

24 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The whole point of fishing and mining is to give an experience that’s not just the typical XP grind. Doing what your suggesting just sounds horrible. Not to mention DE would probably require you to catch like 5000 fish per rod to get enough standing. Same with the cutters and mining.

wouldnt additional items to level on a begining piece of content help newer low rank players from leveling up in mr? Not sure how thats entirely a bad or horrible thing. its not like its taking the spot of a secondary weapon, or a primary weapon, just if you can kill an enemy in game with it. i feel you should get affinity towards the item, and in turn with affinity also to your weapons, warframe, ect. the fishing rod, and nosam cutters are additional items that if could be ranked up, would make new players level faster, because it is just another item to level without taking up space. this doesnt deter its ability as an experience gathering item. in additional its not like the standing you get towards the osterons would be haulted. all i am saying is: if it kills enemies i want experience towards my mr, warframe, and weapons in addition to its current set up, however little it is.

Edited by (XB1)Vamma Takayn
clarity

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Vamma Takayn said:

wouldnt additional items to level on a begining piece of content help newer low rank players from leveling up in mr? Not sure how thats entirely a bad or horrible thing. its not like its taking the spot of a secondary weapon, or a primary weapon, just if you can kill an enemy in game with it. i feel you should get affinity towards the item, and in turn with affinity also to your weapons, warframe, ect. the fishing rod, and nosam cutters are additional items that if could be ranked up, would make new players level faster, because it is just another item to level without taking up space. this doesnt deter its ability as an experience gathering item. in additional its not like the standing you get towards the osterons would be haulted. all i am saying is: if it kills enemies i want experience towards my mr, warframe, and weapons in addition to its current set up, however little it is.

additional information: currently, the kills you get with the fishing rod do not give ranking to the fishing rod and therefore the experience you get with the rod from making a kill do not transfer over to your mastery rank. its just a standard xp break down. ie) 1 grunt is 100 xp upon death 0 goes to the warframe, 0 goes to the primary, seconday, and melee, currently. What i want is: 1 grunt is 100 xp upon death 25 goes to the warframe, 18.75 goes to primary, 18.75 goes to secondary, 18.75 goes to melee, and 18.75 goes to fishing rod when and only when the fishing rod is used to kill an enemy. standard break down of exp when a weapon is used. and like wise 1 fish catch also grants xp with the similar break down. additionally the fishing rod doesnt have to have a high cap for each rank and can even be as much as say a lato.

20 minutes ago, (XB1)Vamma Takayn said:

A new player can reach MR3 in 3 days. They don’t need additional things to grind for MR. 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

A new player can reach MR3 in 3 days. They don’t need additional things to grind for MR. 

its not a need based game, and they already had done the grinding to get the item, it would be nice to just get xp for using it. with that said sure they wont get to mr 3 for 3 days, but who played warframe and got to mr 8 in 8 days? like com''mon it still helps.