Crafted K-Drive can't be equipped [Solved, not a bug]

Wiergate

Question

Title, really. 

I bought the BP for the Tier 1 board (Bad Boy, I think) from the Vent Kids, crafted and collected it. There is no way to equip and mod it in the vehicle section where it should appear beneath my archwings, and the gear wheel only has the launcher.

Tried removing/replacing the launcher, tried it on my ship and in Fortuna - it's not happening. When I use the launcher in either the Vallis or the Plains I get the K-Drive from the intro mission.

The new one is in my inventory under 'miscellaneous' and can be sold should I desire. I bought an extra vehicle slot in case the game had failed to notify me of the need but that did nothing. 
Unless I'm missing something (by dint of it being insanely un-intuitive) I have to assume this is a bug.   

Edited by Wiergate

2 answers to this question

On 2018-11-18 at 12:14 AM, Wiergate said:

I bought the BP for the Tier 1 board (Bad Boy, I think) from the Vent Kids, crafted and collected it.

K-Drives are made up of 4 parts, you need to craft a Board, Reactor, Nose and Jet,
then return to the Ventkids and choose the "Assemble K-Drive" option.

50 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

K-Drives are made up of 4 parts, you need to craft a Board, Reactor, Nose and Jet,
then return to the Ventkids and choose the "Assemble K-Drive" option.

Yeah, I realized soon after posting. I thought that since the other parts are merely for looks (AFAIK) they were optional. Quite dumb of me, I'm gonna blame it on being overtired or something 😉 

It's running fine now in any event, thanks for the input.
I'll see if I can get a mod to close this thread unless it could help someone else who didn't think things through.