Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Valkyr's Warcry augment Eternal War broken?

(XBOX)KayAitch

When using Eternal War melee kills are supposed to extend Warcry, and they do appear to extend the timer.

However, the effects don't seem to continue, with no enemies slowed or allies buffed. The visual effects definitely stop.

This would make Eternal War pointless. Worse than pointless as I'd rather recast Warcry than have a timer blocking it. If it's a bug it's a breaking one.

But, the mod has behaved like this since I first got it months ago. Has Eternal War always been broken or am I misunderstanding how it's supposed to work?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Duckinator324 said:

Works?? as it should for me (on PS4), the only persistant effects are the melee speed and armour? buff - the slowing enemies only happens when you first cast it.

It all seems to end for me, but is that how it's supposed to work? Description says extends Warcry's timer, it doesn't say extends some bits and blocks others from working.

LOL... This is intended.. There has been tons of threads asking for a Valkyr rework that included this issue.. 

Just search for Valkyr rework in this forum, you will read until next christmas.

Edited by WSPY

2 hours ago, WSPY said:

LOL?... This ?is intended.. There has been tons of threads asking for a Valkyr rework that included this issue.. ??

Really? Eternal War actually just blocking you from using Warcry is intentional? Why would anyone want that nerf? Why would it vary by platform?

2 hours ago, WSPY said:

Just? search? for Valkyr rework in this forum, you will read until next christmas.

Why would I do that? I don't think she needs a rework. I'm not asking for a change, just for either a) Eternal War to do what it says on the mod or at least b) some documentation, somewhere, to actually detail what it's supposed to do.

If DE have said (b) in some previous post then please share it, but I don't know where to even start (the first 20 posts on here for "valkyr rework" do not include any such detail).

55 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Really? Eternal War actually just blocking you from using Warcry is intentional? Why would anyone want that nerf? Why would it vary by platform?

Why would I do that? I don't think she needs a rework. I'm not asking for a change, just for either a) Eternal War to do what it says on the mod or at least b) some documentation, somewhere, to actually detail what it's supposed to do.

If DE have said (b) in some previous post then please share it, but I don't know where to even start (the first 20 posts on here for "valkyr rework" do not include any such detail).

I think you misunderstood what i mean.. This is the issue of using Eternal War and that is why many people ask for a change and rework.. I didn't say you want a change...

If you use the augment you have to forget the disadvantage of using it...

2 hours ago, WSPY said:

If you? use the augment you have to forget the disadvantage of using? it...

What's the advantage? It doesn't seem to do anything except break Warcry. What's it supposed to do? You're talking like there is a trade off (like many augments do), but what's that supposed to be? The card (and the wiki) state the card extends Warcry's duration, which it doesn't do. It doesn't say anything about changing what Warcry does, and that doesn't even appear to be consistent.

the advantage is that you dont have to cast it again to gain the speed and armor buff as long as you kill enemies, the disadvantage is not being able to recast for the slow radius.  Remember, its not an aura, its a cast affect, allies get warcry when they are in range of the cast, if it's been casted and then allies come in range, they don't get the buff, same with enemies, if enemies are in the range of the initial casting, they wont be debuffed.  I'ts not an aura ability.  Only melee kills count towards the ability being extended up to a max of double the duration.

10 hours ago, Dopekoke said:

the advantage??? is that you dont have to cast it again to gain the speed and armor buff as long as you kill enemies, the disadvantage is not being able to recast for the slow radius.  Remember, its not an? aura, its a cast affect, allies get warcry when they are in range of the cast, if it's been casted and then allies come in range, they don't get the buff, same with enemies, if enemies are in the range of the initial casting, they wont be debuffed.  I'ts not an aura ability.  Only melee kills ?count towards the ability being extended up to a max of double the duration?

OK, thanks. I think I have it. Let me get this right, as it isn't mentioned in any docs/wiki/etc...

Buffs and nerfs for Warcry apply to those in range when you first cast it. It doesn't matter after that where any of them go. So if you slowed an enemy and left them alive (say on a capture and they're on the way) and kept renewing it that enemy would stay slowed. Likewise (even if not using Eternal War) any enemies out of range on initial cast will never get slowed, and the allies that never seem to get the buff are those too far away.

That does make it very odd that it's not recastable - it makes the timeout sort of a cool down with benefits, at least as far as enemy nerfs are concerned. Even if the recast reset the ally buffs that would be a little simpler and make it a lot more obvious how it works.

I'm still finding that it cuts out completely on X1 when playing with a team sometimes. It think that might be related to other team members losing connection (which happens all the time as the X1 version is really unstable).

You are correct; as far as the enemy duration, I'm not sure about that since I haven't tested it but it seems reasonable that it would also apply to the enemy duration as well.   In my non eternal war build I have my duration set to 10 seconds but with bigger range, its my CC valkyr build using https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Prolonged_Paralysis

in that way, warcry will slow down enemies and my 3 will stun enemies but also pull them in closer, its a different build than her standard ones but it's fun and different.