Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary Throwing weapon. Javelins.

Lancars

Not the Javlok. I was thinking more of having a quiver of javelins on your back and you throw and grab a new one. Sorta a mix between throwing weapons and bows. But you can have it where you throw two at a time or something akin to it cause you can use both hands. You also don't retrieve them.

You already have spear throwing animations and pulling it off your back so all the mechanics are there. Javlok throw can also be used animation wise.

I like the concept of a throwing spear. But part of the interesting thing about the throwing weapons we do have is that they come back to us rather than us retrieving them anyways. That could still be rather interesting with a javelin type weapon. I'm imagining something sort of like Yondu's arrow from Guardians of the Galaxy. If it was just one spear then which returned, you could still benefit from the single handed thrown weapon perk which allows you to use it along side a single side arm weapon. Just a little bit of food for thought.

Edited by xZeromusx

6 minutes ago, xZeromusx said:

I like the concept of a throwing spear. But part of the interesting thing about the throwing weapons we do have is that they come back to us rather than us retrieving them anyways. That could still be rather interesting with a javelin type weapon. I'm imagining something sort of like Yondu's arrow from Guardians of the Galaxy. If it was just one spear then which returned, you could still benefit from the single handed thrown weapon perk which allows you to use it along side a single side arm weapon. Just a little bit of food for thought.

I was thinking the Amazon from Diablo 2.You can already do the Yondu thing with Ivara.

Edited by Lancars

il y a 2 minutes, Lancars a dit :

I was thinking the Amazon from diablo 2.You can already do the Yondu thing with Ivara.

Ahh, okay. Does the Amazon equip 2 spears? And the only reason I mentioned Yondu was because a spear and arrow have a sort of similar shape and it returns to him. Not that it would be controlled in the way Ivara can control a projectile.

8 minutes ago, xZeromusx said:

Ahh, okay. Does the Amazon equip 2 spears? And the only reason I mentioned Yondu was because a spear and arrow have a sort of similar shape and it returns to him. Not that it would be controlled in the way Ivara can control a projectile.

I was just throwing things at the wall on ideas cause people can point out flaws in just using a single one. So i thought maybe you throw a single one normally and all fire you throw two but with a slightly longer animation but heavier damage.

This is my mistake, but I'm imagining a thrown melee weapon, lol. As a primary weapon, having two spears makes way more sense actually. Now that you mentioned the Amazon, I'm now getting an entire set up for a new warframe and the weapons she could have released with her!

Imagine an Amazon warframe with your javelin primary weapons and a thrown javelin melee weapon! That would be really awesome! You have a great idea here that could be expanded on with more ideas. I am definitely on board with some thrown primary weapons. Kind of sick of the typical gun type primaries.

Edited by xZeromusx

usually when i try to suggest things i look within the boundaries of things that already exist in the game. I try not to go out of control by trying to tack on several other things.

Also it could work like the throwing weapons and you pull out two but you throw one then the other and then reload.

A spear that is a normal polearm and that can could be thrown with a energy rope tide to it so that it can be recalled giving damage when it returns. You could do a melee combo then throw it and then switch to another weopon, only to recall it when enemy's are in its return path. Augments to the weopon could give the energy rope damage or give its impact point an explosive effect.