Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrodon Hunting Issues

Duality52

Just reached max rank with SU and decided to hunt Kubrodons.

The challenging part of the Kubrodon is that you need to hit it twice with the Tranq Rifle.

That's the start, but the real problem is that on some cases:

• Kubrodons will be alerted/aware of where you are upon spawning if you're not far enough away from it (height doesn't seem to matter either). In response, they may attack you or run.
  • Kubrodons that got tranqed twice while escaping will cause it to despawn as it appeared to escape, though their escape animations take the longest out of all the animals.

Those are some particular issues I stumbled upon, are there any more of these problems?

Can confirm all of that. Sometimes, even being really far away will still trigger their alert state for some reason (it can be hard to get away in the first place because of how quick they can spawn after luring them, not to mention how close they can spawn too (they fixed it for the other animals but not the Kubrodon).

And in some cases, I'm right up its face (okay maybe 15m away) and it doesn't get alerted. They're REALLY buggy.

I've been using Ivara's stealth to hunt Kubrodon, sometimes I can see it spawn in the distance and it spawns either running away or running straight to me. Kubrodon should be hard, but this is pretty glitchy. Most of the time it just tells me I've lost it after succeeding with the lure portion and after the character finishes talking.

Before assuming they're glitchy, a couple of points:

• It only takes one headshot* (unless you've enraged it in which case I think any number of shots won't work)
  • You need to position yourself downwind (i.e. the wind should be blowing away from the kubrodon towards you) of the Kubrodon by paying attention to:
    • it's spawn point, identified by the direction its call comes from.
    • the wind direction, identified by plants, snow or your syandana.
  • Sometimes the wind is blowing directly from the call point to the kubrodon, and it will be alerted straight away, in which case if you're invisible you can just stay still and wait for it to run up to you (where it will pause).

If you're doing those things and still having trouble, only then I'd assume something is bugging out.

* headshots really makes no sense - shooting a dart into bone? - but that's how it goes.

[edit] Just realised this is an old resurrected thread, well hopefully my advice is still useful to someone :-P.

Edited by schilds

8 hours ago, schilds said:

You need to position yourself downwind (i.e. the wind should be blowing away from the kubrodon towards you) of the Kubrodon by paying attention to:

• it's spawn point, identified by the direction its call comes from.
  • the wind direction, identified by plants, snow or your syandana.

Wait...That stuff is real? Actual ingame mechanic? 

Because i always though they were just pretending its there.   They all laughed while talking about that "getting downwind" stuff.

Sure that dude says " Get down wind" and all.....Just like EUDICO tells us to hide from that "Coildrive".  But in case of Coildrive it doesnt matter....And in case of Hunting it actually DOES?

Hell....DE really should make tutorials or something if there is a new interesting mechanic like that.  Im almost done with all the hunting....without actually knowing how it all works...

It really does matter if you're downwind or not. For the other animals, not so much, but for the Kubrodons, very much so.

They are far more sensitive to your presence, compared to all the other animals, so you have to be careful when huntin them.

I usually take Ivara and the sleep arrows for the job. Select Kubrodon lure, find hunting start point, follow the tracks, and once I've found the lure point, I'll align myself in the direction the wind/snow is going and check for hiding spots. Use the lure and listen for the direction the Kubrodon will spawn. When you know where it will be coming from, you know roughly where you'll have to hide. When you've worked out where you'll be hiding, move towards it until you hear the beep and the echo interface goes transparent (meaning you're out of range). Move back slighty until it's active again, then call for the beast. Jump. or run quickly to the hiding spot as soon as you`ve used the lure, before it replies, and you should get easily into position before it even spawns. Go invis, and wait until it's fairly close to use the sleep arrow.

As soon as you fire the arrow, bullet jump to the target. If you don't get to the Kubrodon in time, it will wake up. Quickly sleep it again and mash that activate/use key/button until you have it captured.

Perfect capture almost every time. Very, very rarely will it be aggro'd from the start, but that's usually when it's sitting very much downwind of you, and there's literally nowhere to hide in time before it spawns. Planning helps though.

Just don't take that awful Oxylus sentinel with you on Kubrodon hunts.... the hunt markers will never show up for them (it's a bug).

Maybe it's me doing something wrong but quite often they spawn already in an alerted state for me... or go alerted a couple seconds later. Through the tranq rifle / codex scanner I see them looking in a totally different direction, not at me. (I'm using a prowly Ivara, I pay attention to the wind as well).

After the encounter I'd check the area for any other enemies that could've spooked it, but I'm not finding anything. :S

Edited by Aldrr

12 hours ago, Aldrr said:

Maybe it's me doing something wrong but quite often they spawn already in an alerted state for me... or go alerted a couple seconds later. Through the tranq rifle / codex scanner I see them looking in a totally different direction, not at me. (I'm using a prowly Ivara, I pay attention to the wind as well).

After the encounter I'd check the area for any other enemies that could've spooked it, but I'm not finding anything. :S

Noticed the same thing, also using Ivara and paying attention to being downwind. Sometimes they just immediately go alerted.

Head shots never worked for me on Kubrodons, always took two hits no matter what. Was probably a bug so I need to test that again.

What I do suggest is using a max range Revenant and cast his 1 on them.

If you manage to stay down wind at a reasonable distance you can snatch them quickly with Revenant's 1st ability and then just shoot them normally, always got perfect captures as long as they didn't notice me until I cast the ability.

Also take note of any enemies nearby, I've had more than one hunt ruined because of corpus patrols.

On 2018-11-26 at 10:46 AM, 8LacK5naK3 said:

They are far more sensitive to your presence, compared to all the other animals, so you have to be careful when huntin them.

It did took me a long time to notice that they have a stronger scent of smelling compared to Virmanks and Bolarolas.

Issue is, why didn't DE inform us about this? The Business can at least warn us about how more aware Kubrodons are when we get to their call points, such as judging the direction of the wind carrying our scent.

28 minutes ago, ChaosMarine said:

I'm not sure if anyone else is getting this error but when I try hunting, since the latest patch, it only shows pobber remains and none of the other animals scat appears so I can only hunt pobbers. Anyone else getting this error?

Are you using the Oxlyus with its precepts on? Seems there's a bug with it.

2 hours ago, ChaosMarine said:

I'm not sure if anyone else is getting this error but when I try hunting, since the latest patch, it only shows pobber remains and none of the other animals scat appears so I can only hunt pobbers. Anyone else getting this error?

Same issue here, I've tried it both with and without my Oxlyus

On 2018-11-18 at 4:16 AM, Duality52 said:

Just reached max rank with SU and decided to hunt Kubrodons.

The challenging part of the Kubrodon is that you need to hit it twice with the Tranq Rifle.

That's the start, but the real problem is that on some cases:

• Kubrodons will be alerted/aware of where you are upon spawning if you're not far enough away from it (height doesn't seem to matter either). In response, they may attack you or run.
  • Kubrodons that got tranqed twice while escaping will cause it to despawn as it appeared to escape, though their escape animations take the longest out of all the animals.

Those are some particular issues I stumbled upon, are there any more of these problems?

When capture Kubrodons i strongly recommend using Ivara - Sleep Arrow.

It will provide instant capture aslong u ensure the sleep it for an 10sec or more.

Just walk up to it and press X - No need to Tranq. (but if u want tranq just-in-case twice after you cause it to sleep.

This metod is absolutely Donkey-failsafe, cannot escape.

(Tiny warning: Dont use weapons on Sentinels, dont bring kubrow or Kavat!)

Edited by SevenSinsofHell

I've actually Kubrodons not even get close to the echo-lure spot. I called them and couple seconds later, Business called me to tell me that I lost it. I actually saw them immediately run away shortly after spawning, when I'm still far away AND stealthed as Ivara.

Only thing that comes to mind, could be that it's actually my Kavat which scares them off. Will not bring them along anymore.

First time I got an Incarblabla I could not catch it despite repeatedly putting it to sleep with Ivara's sleep arrow. It woke up before the "press X" prompt even showed up, repeatedly. Now, I'm immediately hammering X as soon as they sleep. Worked so far.

2 hours ago, non_entity said:

Only thing that comes to mind, could be that it's actually my Kavat which scares them off.

You might be onto something. I happened to accidentally summon a minion when hunting Bolarolas, couldn't get anything but "good" captures, even when it was holding position across the other side of the map.