Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Keybind, Warp pets directly to self.

LazyBunnyKiera

So my suggestion is for 2 keybinds.
Keybind 1: Warp companions directly to self. Moas, Kubrows, Kavats(venari), etc.
Keybind 2: Warp specters to directly to you for following specters, CTRL+Keybind2 for all specters, even ones set to hold position.
Add a 5 second cool down. So people are spam-calling 10 specters and 2 kavats, and lagging people out or anything. Unlikely but who knows.
I'd end up using keys like F1 and F2.

So my reason is that there's been so much time trying to improve companion AI/navigation, but after all these years, it's still broken.
Especially Venari, who is especially aggressive, which means she's more likely to get caught up on stuff.
And they're supposed to warp to you, but sometimes they don't. My moa will get stuck in a falling loop from time to time, and the only way to fix it is to A) kill myself, B) jump off a ledge that resets me(only sometimes works). If they get stuck in a loop or stuck on something, they won't always warp to you.
Kavats, especially venari get stuck all the time, and probably kubrows too, i rarely use kubrows so i'm not totally sure about them. Just yesterday i had my Venari stuck about 250m away.
So we need a key that'll warp them directly to you (warframe, not operator), without fail. IE nothing can prevent it, knock downs, stuns, even bleed out, yours or theirs. Nothing prevents the warp. If anything is able to prevent the warp, then that's a weak point.

A side suggestion just for fun. When using Khora and your Venari is set to un-targeted or self-targeted Heal Mode. And you switch to your operator, the Venari will heal-target your operator. Just a thought.

Edit: This is post 24.0.9
My moa is over 150m away, it's in an entirely different part of the map, above me.
ntQcFUe.png

If i move even further away, does it teleport to me? Nope. We seriously need a Warp Keybind

cBBJ1Ef.png

Edited by LazyBunnyKiera
Added screenshot post 24.0.9, moa is over150m away

@(PS4)haphazardlynamed

What if it's a button combo like Select + X+[ ], or for xbox select + A + X
I don't play console. So it may just be one of those settings that'd be for the PC, but not for other systems.
But a command would work too, /warppet for console users. And a keybind for PC users. After all, we already have a lot more keybinds for stuff, that console users need to move through the menus for.

Either way, this has to get fixed. The auto-warp is too finicky and undependable, and even Venari's is terrible. The day before i made my OP here, my venari was stuck about 250m away, and nothing i could do would un-stick her, even going back to her and changing the venari stance didn't work. and i couldn't re-summon her.

@Soclever

Function keys for example for PC users. Some of these should affect sentinels too. Can be bound to what ever keys, numpad etc.
F1 Attack specific target, aim at a target, press F1 and it goes after that target. Make a companion a good hunting buddy for capture missions, let your kubrow go police dog.
F2 could rotate between

• Attack anyone freely, fire at will style.
  • Attack only when the player is attacked or attacking.
  • Passive mode

F3 could rotate between

• Follow
  • Hold Position

F4 rotate between long range, close range and melee attacks. I guess it's good for controlling specters for now.
F5 Warp to player.

Edited by LazyBunnyKiera

• 1 month later...

We really need this keybind, with the changes to Titania, i've been using her more and more, and like with arcwing, the moa despawns when you go into Razorwing, but when you leave razorwing, the moa pops back in where it first despawned, usually on the other side of the map, so it could take a while before it realizes it's not near the player. If i stand still, it won't come to me at all. i have to run around a good bit before it finally decides to pop over.

I like to use the moa to hack stuff since titania, in without her #4 isn't particularly beefy, so i have to keep moving and keep dying. Can't stop to hack.
This one could be partially mitigated by having the moa/kavat instantly spawn at titania's location when leaving razorwing like a sentinel would

Edited by LazyBunnyKiera