Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PBR treatment...still waiting from 2015

(PSN)OmegaSlayer

A new thread about PBR pass not finished yet.

Why now? Because in the last Devstream DE said that the new operator hairstyles will get the new treatment JUST LIKE PBR did.

What lack of PBR in some item means...like clearly shown by @Sirabot

735B4E0962F105C78B57E7B71E7D54C035CC5D0B

You can see by yourself the difference between Ash vanilla helmet and his Primed body.

This is a link to what PBR is if I got your attention https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physically_based_rendering

PBR is a different way of handling the textures by the game compared to the way the game handled it before update 17 which was released July 31 2015

Anyway, every object past Update 17 have been released already in PBR, many items where left and DE promised to complete the treatment overtime, but as today, 3 years later many items are still missing the PBR treatment

We all know DE is busy with new stuff, but this needs to be completed after 3 years and a half and I think someone must remember it to DE consistently, and, as I said, DE basically called this unto them in last Devstream, we're not blind and we remember, and I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets picky about this.

Again I resort to @Sirabot (thanks a lot to you and @NightmareT12 , btw) who made in April this year a comprehensive list of items that still lacks PBR, many items of which are sold in the market for Premium/Platinum 

Since the topic always gets archived, I'll repost the list

Warframes and Cosmetics *indicates questionable quality and/or doubt of PBR textures or needs service

• Ash Base Helmets And Body
  • Rhino Base Helmets, Body and Rubedo Skin - Also Rubedo skin still conflicts with Rhino Prime Decals.
  • Valkyr Base Helmets and Body
  • Trinity Base Helmets and Body
  • Nyx Base Helmets and Body
  • Nova Base Helmets and Body
  • Nekros Base Helmets and Body
  • Mirage Base Helmets and Body
  • Ember Base Helmets and Body
  • Vauban Base Helmets, Body and Phased skin - Also Phased skin still conflicts with Vauban prime Decals
  • Zephyr Base Helmets and Body
  • All Immortal Skins

Armor *indicates questionable quality and/or doubt of PBR textures or needs service

• Daedalus Armor
  • Edo Armor
  • Eos Armor
  • Illiac Armor
  • Harkonar Armor*
  • Targis Prime armor

Syandanas *indicates questionable quality and/or doubt of PBR textures or needs service

• Asa Syandana
  • Harkonar Syandana*
  • Hecate Syandana
  • Illiac Syandana
  • Imperator Syandana
  • Pyra Syandana
  • Yamako Syandana
  • Asa Phased Syandana

Sugatras *indicates questionable quality and/or doubt of PBR textures or needs service

• Daman Sugatra
  • Pazza Sugatra
  • Pyra Sugatra
  • Suraka Sugatra
  • Tantu Sugatra
  • Vala Sugatra Prime

Sentinels *indicates questionable quality and/or doubt of PBR textures or needs service

• Shade
  • Wyrm
  • Carrier
  • Dethcube
  • Colteck Cosmetics
  • Chrysalis Cosmetics
  • Dome Wings
  • Capsule Tail
  • Para Cosmetics
  • Diamond Wings
  • Hunhow Mask
  • Ictus Cosmetics
  • Jet Wings
  • Carabus Dethcube Skin
  • Sprite Shade Skin

Weapons and Cosmetics  *indicates questionable quality and/or doubt of PBR textures or needs service

• Attica
  • Amprex*
  • Akstiletto
  • Akzani
  • Amphis
  • Ankyros
  • Atterax
  • Ballistica*
  • Bolto & Akbolto
  • Bronco & Akbronco
  • Cernos
  • Cestra & Dual Cestra
  • Ceramic Blade
  • Cronus
  • Dera
  • Drakgoon*
  • Dread
  • Detron*
  • Despair
  • Dual Ether
  • Dual Ichor
  • Dual Zoren
  • Ether Daggers
  • Ether Reaper
  • Ether Sword
  • Fang
  • Fragor
  • Furax
  • Glaive
  • Grinlok
  • Hate
  • Heat Dagger
  • Heat Sword & Dual Heat Swords
  • Hek
  • Hikou
  • Hind*
  • Jaw Sword
  • Kestrel
  • Kogake
  • Kraken
  • Lex & Aklex
  • Magnus & Akmagnus
  • Magistar
  • Mire
  • Nami Skyla
  • Nami Solo*
  • Nukor
  • Obex*
  • Opticor*
  • Pangolin Sword
  • Pyrana*
  • Scoliac
  • Serro*
  • Supra
  • Stug
  • Telos Akbolto
  • Torid
  • Twin Vipers
  • Tysis
  • Vasto & Akvasto
  • Vaykor Marelok
  • Venka
  • Vulkar
  • Shock Camo & Desert Camo weapon skins
  • Phased weapon Skins

Sigils

• Cycuta Prime
  • Velorum Prime

PS4 Exclusive Obsidian Skins
XBOX One Exclusive Jade Skins

I'd like to have a reply from the DE team about this, or better a Dev Workshop with a plan...it would even be ok to get some pieces in each update, as no one with a sane mind would ever require to do everything at once.

I think DE could probably ask for Tennogen artists help, as a form of outsourcing.

Edited by (PS4)OmegaSlayer

Well, Atlas can be taken out off the list because, as I explained, he already had it.

Also I'd swear Gram received its update as well during last year. DE took the chance to update a few weapons, but we still need more, plus the Warframes since not a single one since Hydroid got an update.

Edited by NightmareT12

Honestly many of the weapons you've listed are actually PBR'd.

Most recently was:

• Flux Rifle (original material and the Shock Camo Skin)
  • Lanka (original material and the Shock Camo Skin)
  • Gram
  • Kraken
  • Marelok
  • Grinlok
  • Kronen
  • Karak
  • Twin Gremlins
  • Brakk
  • Seer - has also receive a new scope FX!

Along with some others like Grakata, Dual Cleavers, Jat Kittag... actually most of the Grineer weapons you've mentioned.

3 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Well, Atlas can be taken out off the list because, as I explained, he already had it.

Also I'd swear Gram received its update as well during last year. DE took the chance to update a few weapoons, but we still need more, plus the Warframes since not a single one since Hydroid got an update.

Are you sure about Hydroid? I'd swear the helmets at least haven't received the treatment

2 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Please add Cycuta Prime and Volerum Prime sigils to the list. They need the PBR treatment just like the Rift Walker Prime sigil did when it was first released with the Limbo Prime Access.

Sure, will do

1 hour ago, rapt0rman said:

Honestly many of the weapons you've listed are actually PBR'd.

Most recently was:

• Flux Rifle (original material and the Shock Camo Skin)
  • Lanka (original material and the Shock Camo Skin)
  • Gram
  • Kraken
  • Marelok
  • Grinlok
  • Kronen
  • Karak
  • Twin Gremlins
  • Brakk
  • Seer - has also receive a new scope FX!

Along with some others like Grakata, Dual Cleavers, Jat Kittag... actually most of the Grineer weapons you've mentioned.

Can't remember those but will check and eventually remove them from the list, which I'll update

6 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Are you sure about Hydroid? I'd swear the helmets at least haven't received the treatment

Sure, will do

Can't remember those but will check and eventually remove them from the list, which I'll update

All Hydroid related assets use PBR shaders for certain. Otherwise I wouldn't note it - I take good note and hunt any issues introduced in the updates 😉

Edited by NightmareT12

23 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

@NightmareT12 It must be noted that I'm on PS4, maybe some asset wasn't transfered to the build? It's a possibility...

Will check anyway

It's there as well. It's easier to note on PC (because of monitor usage + proper sRGB color profile VS TV) and with a perfectly calibrated screen -- the surfaces themselves get a "depth" if you will. Hydroid was updated between his rework and the Prime release dates, and it's been on PS4 /Xbox for a whooooooole year already 🙂