Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does the game read Rivens

Xaelazar

Question

So I have been looking around checking wiki, youtubers and the forums for help about how the game reads rivens.

For example I have a kohm riven with +207.6 multishot, +156.3 Status chance and +63.6 but I know I will need 100% status before mulitshot but before I put "hell's chamber" and "vigilantes armaments" on but when I test it out it seems a little underwhelming which makes me think I might not have 100% status. any help would be great. 

The build" [Primed point blank] [toxic barrage] [Vigilantes armaments] [the Riven mod] 

[Hell's chamber] [Frigid blast] [Shotgun Savvy] [Sweeping serration]

2 answers to this question

you'll have to calculate it yourself since one Mod is adding Status and Multi-Shot.

or, in simple terms, Kohm needs a total of +300% Status (400% total) to reach 100%. so, if your Riven adds 156.3% Status, simply subtract 156.3 from 300 (since all Mods are +something ofcourse) and that's how much Status from the rest of the Mods you need to hit 100%.
the answer to that is 143.7, which if you divide by 60 (Status Elementals are 60% ofcourse), you get 2.395. which in turn, means you need 3 Status Elementals to reach 100% in addition to the Riven.
Shotgun Savvy doesn't cut it in your given Loadout, as 2.395 (1 - 0.395 to find what fraction of 60% that requires) means after two Status Elementals you need 36.3% more Status to reach 100%. so Shotgun Savvy is slightly short on that.
which is why 120% Status is a big deal for Kohm, since that is the breakpoint that allows Kohm to hit 100% Status with 3 Status Elementals.

there's a more mathematically scientific way to come to the same answer, but this is a really easy reversed way to do it that uses almost zero math(you do need to have a lot of numbers available to start with ofcourse, so you can solve for X rather than calculating the entire scenario).

Edited by taiiat

Kohm starts at 25% Status so you need to add at least 75% to hit 100%.  75/25=3 so you need mods that total +300% Status or more.   You have [toxic barrage] for +60%, [the Riven mod] for +156.3%, [Frigid blast] for +60% and [Shotgun Savvy] for +30% giving +306.3% so your Status before Multishot should be 101.575%.

Looking at the mods you have currently, I would consider swapping Vigilante Armaments for an elemental damage mod or Vicious Spread if you don't mind the increased spread.  Base damage, Multishot, and specific elemental/physical damage mods multiply off each other so it's best to try to keep them fairly even if you can.  If you can spend a mod slot on +90% to any one of those, then put it towrds the one you have least of.  That Riven has you sorted for Multishot, especially when you also have Hell's Chamber.  Vigilante Armaments will not boost your damage by as much as a 90% elemental or 90% base damage would.