Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I forma my Vectis Prime... Again?

(PSN)EyeGodZA

Question

Per the subject line, should I do it?

VP is the first Prime weapon that I got thanks to the Twitch Prime promotion, and I've been absolutely loving it; now that I'm beginning to understand how damage works in this game, I've made her into a total beast that one-shots almost everything, especially on crits/headshots.

I forma'd her once, and reckon it was worth it. But I wanna push her to see how far she can go, and I've got some formas left, so... Should I do it? I imagine the more forma I drop on her the more I'm investing in this weapon and it'll become a keeper in the long run?

Smart move, or no?

4 answers to this question

Yes, Vectis Prime is still excellent. It's pretty versatile due to its flexible actions, very fast reload you won't need to worry about any DPS delay, zoom is not too far, only 2 zoom modes making it possible for both close kill and far sniping. 30% chance on both Crit chance and Status chance makes Vectis prime build even more diverse.

You may ask how it is compared to Rubico Prime. Well its DPS is nice but it's hard to bring it into missions that require running fast from start to end (or running around in Survival). Moreover Rubico Prime is harder to shoot accurately, only 5 rounds per mag and ok reloading speed, all make you have to shoot carefully, even when camping. And while Rubico P has 3x crit dmg, Vectis P has 2x crit dmg but higher base dmg so in term of DPS, Vectis P is just a little lower.

I take Rubico prime as comparison since it's the newest sniper rifle with hottest DPS stats. Both can kill eidolons with ease anyway.

If you discount ease of use, which most snipers doesnt really provide, vectisp is probably close to the top of the chart.

Make sure you build with hunter munition to scale better since that 30% sc will mostly be staggers.

The second problem is the combo ramp is ter-ri-ble. Please put in vigilante armament along with split chamber >->