Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't understand invasions

Chaemyerelis

Loot!

Lore-wise, one could argue that every time you do a mission against one, you help the other.  So you could look at invasions that way too, as long as you do invasions for both sides, perpetuating the war and maintaining "balance" between the factions.

The bigger question for me is why they trust or reward us at all.  I mean, look at your profile.  How many of each faction have you slaughtered?  You do three missions and then they're like "We know you've killed hundreds of thousands of us and stopped our super weapons multiple times, but thanks for helping have some resources.  Don't you go using those to make gear to butcher us now."

As far as I know we're not out to eradicate the corpus or the grineer, we're more kind of keeping them in check, preventing them from becoming the only empire and from conquering free colonies. So sometimes we side with one or the other to do it when one of them goes too far ahead in a specific place. 

lore wise, there are more then one tenno so the grineer never know which tenno exactly has been slaughtering their friends (not that i'd expect them to care)

ontop of that, i whould think that they send out an open bounty for anyone who helps them, and if it's a tenno who answers the call then so shall it be.

If we allow any of the factions to get toppled, then that'll just create a power vacuum that'll either get filled with the other faction, anarchy or the infestation. So, we control the conflict and prevent either side from achieving ultimate victory.

That's the lore reason at least. Gameplay reason is loot.