Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Deluxe working with Limbo parts

DarkOvion

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah, tho whole point of the skin is to give people something thatÂ’s clearly not Limbo in case they like his play style but hate his appearance.

I tend to disagree a bit as all the other skins have been either expansions or redirections on a theme from the original...This one doesn't seem to fit either category to me...It could be that I just don't recognize the theme it is expanding on though.

Either way, the work appears to be done so there's no good reason not to release it.

If players like it enough to buy it, then they should...If they don't, then they shouldn't.

Personally though, that's one of those skins that should have been completely generic (could be applied to any frame) or been Revenants deluxe skin.

...People would have cows about either of those options though.

11 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

With photoshop skills like that... of course it will look wonky. Although the last one (deluxe helmet on Limbo) is considerably much better bar the color.

Most, not all, of the helmet's look wonky on Frost's Harka skin too.

The theme's are so wildly different between all the current Limbo stuff and that deluxe skin I don't see how alt helmets won't look weird tbh.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Well let's hope they listen to the community and give it to Reverent instead, but I for one am not buying that thing, it's hideous even by Warframe's standards

I agree its ultra bad in so many ways... and is going to bee first male skin that im not going to buy.

Edited by Vlada91

5 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Well let's hope they listen to the community and give it to Reverent instead, but I for one am not buying that thing, it's hideous even by Warframe's standards

Give a Sentient themed skin to the Sentient/Eidolon themed frame as a Deluxe skin.

That's not what Deluxe skins are for.

5 hours ago, DarkOvion said:

This is a pretty janky edit, but it gets the point across I think:

I can badly photoshop existing helmets on their existing bodies and make it look bad, too.

I'm just not digging that skin at all. It's such a departure from the original look that they might have been thinking too far out of the box thanks to some already pretty cool/fun limbo tennogen skins being made. I honestly feel like this was originally meant to be revenant and the revenant look we got in the end was supposed to be a deluxe limbo skin.

5 hours ago, Goodwill said:

With photoshop skills like that... of course it will look wonky. Although the last one (deluxe helmet on Limbo) is considerably much better bar the color.

Yes I said it was janky, I'm an engineer, so used design software for it.

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

I can badly photoshop existing helmets on their existing bodies and make it look bad, too.

I did however, match the size of the necks so the head sizes should be acccurate.

In addition the wonky photoshop, I'd also like to point out the colours are extremely mismatched and the neck position approximated, almost ridiculously so in some cases (the base of the Prime Helmet's neck is positioned in the middle of the deluxe's chest) So it has that going against it too. I'd have at least tried to mimic the colours of the deluxe on the Limbo model for the best comparison.

It definitely brings new life to Limbo. I feel like this deluxe skin might have some lore behind it after limbos final jump that ended up killing him. Could sentients have recreated him? Does limbo now have self-awareness like the sentients? I know the skins motto is "Claiming the enemy's aesthetics as your own. Classic Limbo trickery". I understand peoples dissatisfaction towards the dramatic look difference but maybe DE would have a better backing of support from the community if there was lore attached to their decisions.  

Not everyone is going to like how a Delux skin looks, that's just all there is to it.

Though what did people expect his Delux to be otherwise, something out of generic Bloodborne fan art? Not saying a Sentient themed one should have been expected but I'd say something "different" should be more expected than more of the same.

Edit: I'll also mention that on release a lot of people were upset (almost angry) over Limbo's appearance.

Edited by trst

I like the skin, and definitely will get it once it comes out. What worries me is how it'll be hooked up into Limbo's skeleton. It has too many joints in some places, and not enough in others...  It could easy cross the line from awesome to tedious.

9 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

Most, not all, of the helmet's look wonky on Frost's Harka skin too.

The theme's are so wildly different between all the current Limbo stuff and that deluxe skin I don't see how alt helmets won't look weird tbh.

Happens with a lot of the deluxe skins. Vauban, Nezha, Nidus, to name a few. Personally, I found Frost's Harka helmet to be one of the goofiest because it looks terribly disproportionate. I do like the aesthetic of the helmet but it makes him look like a giraffe. It also depends on the color you use and how much of the texture it brings out. Vauban deluxe for example has a very metallic texture while all of his other helmets are kinda ceramic or plastic in comparison.

Honestly, Limbo Prime's skin is nothing new in the regards of skins not matching helmets. 

Isn't the point of Deluxe Skins to be dramatically different?

I mean, Ash's look like a real ninja, Mag's looks like a rejected Hula Hoop dancer, Trinity's is all themed after Hindu Gods/Buddhas, Nidus' looks like an Armored Nightmare Demon, Rhino becomes Spiderman's Rhino, I don't know what to describe Octavia's as, & Nekros' makes him more of a specter/ghost than a Grim Reaper.

They all don't fit the frame they are based after in truth.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

I think the skin looks pretty cool, but I'm really going to need to see it in motion to make a final judgment call. Personally, I would have went with a more "floaty steampunk" design than a Sentient one for Limbo, like a dapper clockwork gentleman with parts of him phased out or drifting around, but that's just me. If the whole Tarot card throwing stars thing matches the Sentient theme, then it might be worth.