Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Modular stuff should be modular

Kitedtk

I didn't try any of the modular equipments because of that limitation. IMO it feels forced, and i must say, sounds a bit silly. If the craftsman knows how to assemble these weapons, of course he knows how to disassemble them too.

Maybe they could offer disassembly as a paid service, unlocked with the highest reputation level? In exchange, i'd be fine with reasonably higher costs for blueprints and crafting.

Edited by Robolaser

They really need to let us disassemble the parts before guilding, even if we have to fully level them up, it's the "test phase" of the modular process and it's really hard to figure out how things behave. We are all going by part description, which are sometimes worded ambiguously (shoots ray of light, magnitude of rof vs damage with kitguns) and it's a waste of time and effort for something to be made but don't work properly. I didn't even know how the 223 amp behaved until I actually built one.

As for real life modular things, guns can be switched out with different internals all the time. Barrels of guns can be changed easily and change how the gun behaves, flash hiders have small inset screws, stocks can easily be switched out, some with built in tools inside, different hand guards that dissipate heat or add more hardpoints for accessories like lasers, flashlights, etc.

And why are people even using the "it's the future, they can't be modular" when players can make a gunblade with just a sword and a gun that aren't even related.