Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Introduce the "Alert" Scaling Mechanic to PoE!

Ikyr0

In Warframe, I really enjoy having the OPTION to fight tougher mobs. In Arbitrations or survivals, I just have to stay longer (I wish the scaling occurred faster, or that Arbies started at lvl 80). In Orb Vallis, I just have to leave the beacons up. This is great for those of us who enjoy taking a bit longer to kill stuff, and taking more damage from mobs.

I actually really like PoE. But lvl5 bounties being limited to lvl 60 makes them feel boring, as I'm easily wiping the entire spwan with 2-3 clicks. Lower level bounties should also have optional scaling (i.e. having them start at lvl 60), but this is a separate issue.

I think a lot of us would appreciate the Alert system being brought into PoE, as well as into additional future content. It would really make a lot of vets happy, without messing with "casuals"/new players' experience. 

If you were to also introduce a greater variety of bounties and/or events into PoE, I certainly wouldn't complain! 

DE, there is a large number of us badly wanting more challenging content. Please continue to make Warframe appeal to players of various interests, not just to those who enjoy sleepwalking through content only to grind fashionframe (nothing wrong with this, but there are MANY of us who need the challenge).

41 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

The only question is what kind of heavier reinforcements should grineer bring on level 4.

If you are saying those giant gunships i say NO. IM NOT HAVING THAT.

Maybe an army of manics for a change? Will also solve ash farming.

Huge roller drops from above, very tanky, ragdolls you if it hits you.

Explodes into 10 normal rollers when killed.

Manics are boring, rollers are the future.

1 hour ago, Artek94 said:

The only question is what kind of heavier reinforcements should grineer bring on level 4.

was DE steave was working on some thing a while back some sort of a stomp walker?

Level 5 needs to summon a Hydrolyst sized Roller that just juggles players in the air while Vey Hek taunts you endlessly.

If someone it takes damage it transforms into Roller Prime & becomes a New Eidolon type battle. Except it shoots rollers, and every critical hit spawns a roller. Upon death it summons a Rain of Rollers.

Torture x 100

If DE goes back to the idea of creating custom missions in a Dojo, you could do level 200 missions whenever you wanted. But I can't remember if DE said they dropped the idea completely or will look at later. Might be an issue with server space or affinity rewards, but that could easily be scaled.

Honestly that's part of why I avoid PoE as much as I possibly can. It gets incredibly grating with Lotus announcing another thing needs doing, every 5 minutes, then suddenly endless stream of Grineer out of nowhere because screw your resource gathering.

In Fortuna I can actually get stuff done without having space mom constantly nagging me, and the neighbors coming over to visit without an invitation. Unless I'm hunting, then they'll pop up just to scare off my quarry.

It would be so nice to be able to gather the bazillion PoE resources I need, keeping the threat meter down so the Grineer don't coming swarming.

Edited by Aoden

Problem with carting over the Alert level is to PoE is that PoE doesn't have the enemy diversity to back it up. 

They would need to create probably 4-6+ new Grineer units or all your reward for getting to alert level 4 is going to be is "Everything is Bulkors now" 

19 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

Hahahaha

But for real, maybe just give us the Kuva guys? They're tougher right? I also enjoy fighting the fat guys cuz it gives me a reason to go into operator. I hope they don't abandon this type mechanic.

The Kuva enemies that i think is tougher is the Kuva Heavy Gunner and Kuva Hyeeka Master. KHM’s ignis is a ignis i would enjoy having because that thing’s DPS is very high.

6 hours ago, trst said:

Why stop there? We should add this to regular missions as well. It'd give purpose to alarms being sounded and could fix the issues of poor spawns in endless missions.

I would like it but uh... endless missions are on alert by default, how would players decrease the alert level if they wished to do so?

After playing fortuna I hope that POE gets a rework on its missions and bounties and rewards (I still dont have 3 or the set mods from POE but have all fortuna set mods) 

Skill based boosts tougher fights if you want em, better scripted missions its all good on venus

Alert levels could bring in tusk bolkors (the gunships) and Ogmas (the attack crafts), on top of Ghouls. 

Plains has as much enemy variety as the Vallis, you only never fight them all at once. 

I could see the system working. For replayability you'd also have to tie some mechanic or reward to the system tbh, even something really minor. Vallis has toroids, but plains has nothing like that. 

4 minutes ago, HellVOps said:

Wait a sec, wasnt there an elite grineer? Nightwatch? Where are they? Even tho most of then are reskins, de can just spice them up like they did with fortuna mobs.

Ooh. Make it to where they would be out there at night and maybe set it where their alert kicks up a bit faster. 

With the alert system in Fortuna, if you're not watching that it can get out of hand really, really fast. I bet it gets really scary for new players when the Spiders start popping in and they have no way to take them down fast XD. They should have moments of oh S#&$ moments where they have to run. Those moments are when us vets land in and start blasting them one by one, and new players saying "how do I get to that level of power?!"

5 hours ago, Aoden said:

Honestly that's part of why I avoid PoE as much as I possibly can. It gets incredibly grating with Lotus announcing another thing needs doing, every 5 minutes, then suddenly endless stream of Grineer out of nowhere because screw your resource gathering.

In Fortuna I can actually get stuff done without having space mom constantly nagging me, and the neighbors coming over to visit without an invitation. Unless I'm hunting, then they'll pop up just to scare off my quarry.

It would be so nice to be able to gather the bazillion PoE resources I need, keeping the threat meter down so the Grineer don't coming swarming.

That too. I never realize it but, just being out there in Fortuna, having the view with the ambient background music, mining away. No accidental, occasional ghoul grave triggering, no A****** dargans flying over me shooting at random inconvenient times when fishing, and no freaking incursion alerts going off at every min. If you avoid the patrols or take them out before they call for help, resource gathering in Fortuna is relatively peaceful. I've been getting most of my standing through the mining. No boosters (well except for the occasional kitty booster) with a zen like trance of exploration and harvesting for 30 mins gets me 13k-15k standing. I love it.

5 hours ago, Vanille said:

I would like it but uh... endless missions are on alert by default, how would players decrease the alert level if they wished to do so?

The alert consoles are still present on endless maps, maybe not defenses but they could just be added, but it could just be that one of the consoles could be marked that reduces alert levels when hacked. Not lifting the alert entirely of course.

Could even make room/hallway camping less of an issue if someone wanted to farm wave rewards while keeping the alert level low.

Edited by trst

I can get behind the alert mechanic being on PoE.  DE will have to work on the Grineer a bit to make it work, since all Grineer on the plains tend to be tan and red as a color scheme.

But definitely keep the bulkor count to 1 please.  The single most dangerous entity on the plains is a drop ship with a tiny mini-gun that's prone to get stuck on something and hanging around longer than it has any business to.  It's still bull$#!%, conceptually, even if you can two shot it with the proper weapon.

On 2018-11-18 at 7:54 PM, Artek94 said:

My custom Markaba Tanks.