Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being Able To Un-ak a Weapon

johnnjlee

I've been thinking of making the Ak-Vasto prime, however I am on edge because of the changes in stats, namely the doubling of the shot count. Normally this would be an overall improvement, but now there is a new mod named Synth Charge (https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Synth_Charge) which works on guns with 6 or more shots before a reload. This makes the normal Vasto Prime more appealing to me. So what if one was able to chose if a gun is duel wielded or not when the gun is in its akimbo form at the load-out screen? Like deciding which chroma power into a game, one could decide to leave one of the guns behind and take advantage of perks that would be associated with single handed weapons vs duel wielded weapons. For example, glaives could be used with akimbo-ed weapons and one could chose which of Mesa's secondary passives to use. I don't think we should be pinned down into using only two weapons if we "upgraded"

Just a thought.

Edited by johnnjlee

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Have 2 weapons to use for a single weapon slot? Unlikely.

Chroma is an adaptable frame, yet he only takes up one slot instead of four. Equinox requires the bits and pieces equivalent of getting two frames yet she only takes up one slot. I think it would be more power to our ability to customize our loadouts if we had a choice to take one or both guns, much like being able to chose which warframe playstyle we want to go for at the start of a game. Would you think this to be a good addition if added?

I think all "akimbo" pistols need "alt fire" that will switch from "Ak" to single for more precision.    We dont have any dual pistols with "alt fire" anyways.  

Kinda wish the difference in precision (dual vs single) were bigger in that case tho.  

Exeption to this would be Dual  "mini-shotguns".  Like Twin Rogga and Ak Bronko.... These dont really need any "precision mode".   But i would add "dual shot" function to these, when you simultaneously fire both handcannons. 

Just now, Kainosh said:

I think all "akimbo" pistols need "alt fire" that will switch from "Ak" to single for more precision.    We dont have any dual pistols with "alt fire" anyways.  

Kinda wish the difference in precision (dual vs single) were bigger in that case tho.  

Exeption to this would be Dual  "mini-shotguns".  Like Twin Rogga and Ak Bronko.... These dont really need any "precision mode".   But i would add "dual shot" function to these, when you simultaneously fire both handcannons. 

That makes sense, I wonder how this would interact with some mods?

1 minute ago, johnnjlee said:

I wonder how this would interact with some mods?

Like....normally?  

Remember when you carry a Datamass with Dual weapon equipped, you use only One of the guns?   Same.  But with slight Precision buff when in single mode...and less precision when  dual wielding.     Mag size stays same coz weapons are "linked" and refill each other to equalise ammo in both.... I guess.

Rest of the stats stay same...so mods dont really matter.  

7 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Like....normally?  

Remember when you carry a Datamass with Dual weapon equipped, you use only One of the guns?   Same.  But with slight Precision buff when in single mode...and less precision when  dual wielding.     Mag size stays same coz weapons are "linked" and refill each other to equalise ammo in both.... I guess.

Rest of the stats stay same...so mods dont really matter.  

The thing is I would like for the mag size to be different so it can scale off of that one mod, synth charge. 

Edit: So I was thinking if we have a mod that decreases mag size by half and then you switch weapons, would the gun end up having no bullets? Or would it be cut into 1/4ths

Edited by johnnjlee

2 minutes ago, johnnjlee said:

The thing is I would like for the mag size to be different so it can scale off of that one mod, synth charge. 

Dual mode - 200% modded firerate and 200% modded mag size. 

Single mode - 100% modded firerate and 100% modded mag size.

So...if Single mode has 8,5 firerate and 3 mag size....then Dual mode will have 17 firerate and 6 mag size.     And vice versa.

Since Mag size is always rounded, it will get Doubled very nicely. 

10 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Dual mode - 200% modded firerate and 200% modded mag size. 

Single mode - 100% modded firerate and 100% modded mag size.

So...if Single mode has 8,5 firerate and 3 mag size....then Dual mode will have 17 firerate and 6 mag size.     And vice versa.

Since Mag size is always rounded, it will get Doubled very nicely. 

Exactly 

Relating to this
I'm mildly annoyed that in other to have both Vasto Prime, and Akvasto Prime

you need to acquire a total of 3 Vasto Prime, as building the akvasto effectively deletes two vasto.

What if? to build Akvasto Prime, only 1 of the 2 Vasto Prime is actually consumed, leaving 1 single in inventory so you can still use it?

Course this means some special contingency needs to exist whereby deleting that single isn't allowed so long as the akvasto remains, to avoid exploit