Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender Question

(XBOX)TJC569

Il y a 2 heures, LadyUnd34d a dit :

if you refer to people as an inanimate object I mean, that's kind of disgusting?

People can be everything they want! Many people identify themselves as objects, and that's totally fine.

Best practice would probably be to say "this entity".

Edited by Robolaser

3 hours ago, BDMblue said:

In a video game like this I assume everyone is male. The only time I would not is if I saw a DE spacemom or DE reb

I use played character gender that way it sounds like I am addressing the avatar not the person behind the screen but then I am most likely using the frame's name

5 hours ago, (XB1)TJC569 said:

If I am a male operator/tenno and "piloting" a female Warframe, is it appropriate to address the Warframe as he or she? Or is the Warframe an "it" and you would address the operator by their gender?

Sorry, this came up during a drunken discussion last night while playing and interesting to see what the community thinks. 

Depends on what you’re addressing. If you’re addressing the frame itself, use the respective gender. If you’re addressing the person in control, use the respective gender of who you think is actually controlling it (you or your operator?).