Is this game THIS problematic to everyone?

imizded

Ok so I played warframe a few months back just gave it a try and it worked flawlessly, probably just played like a bit in the tutorial and thats all, i had other games in my radar so i focused on them a bit more. Now i have nothing better to do so i decided to jump back into warframe cause ive heard its a good time waster and i dont mind grinding.

But as soon as i got the game tried to log in it kept telling me to check my Log in Details cause they were wrong or smth, got scared like S#&$ so i reset my passwords and everything was fine, but that error came up all the time so i couldn log in. I created a new account and the same problem appeared. Said #*!% it whatever might be a temporary game bug. Few weeks passed and that bug is still there and i found a solution by using a VPN software i could log in easily.

But then when i got into the game, i couldnt join the online chat. After that i realised that i cannot even see other players online and that im completly disconected from other players. So i started getting an error telling me to permit port 4950 and 4955 on my firewall (which is funny because my firewall is completly shut down 24/7). So i thought that might be my problem with online so i jumped into my firewall to check if it was blocking anything from warframe and it wasnt because hell i played this  game before so it shouldnt have changed anything anyway. 

Then i decided to forward those ports on my router settings and still didnt fix the problem. Tried using my 2 other routers and a cable connection aaand the problem still presists. Checked many many solutions online and none of them worked for me nor other people. So i thought a fresh reinstall would be great. 

Oh boy was that my worst decision, now when i go to the patcher to download the game/updates it closes after like 20 minutes of downloading with no error code or anything. And i cant even play offline. I have lots of experience with solving problems and i never even have these kind of errors in any game, but warframes problems are completly braindead and senseless and most likely unsolvable for me. Any help or thought is appreciated for any of my problems. 

8 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Your ISP likely has you on a Strict NAT or something similar. Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done.

How come every other online game works just fine (destiny 2 for example), and as i said i did play warframe just fine a few months back and i havent changed ISP, router or anything on my set up since then. But ill try contacting them aswell but i really doubt they have anything to do with it as i see too many people with these problems randomly appearing.

14 minutes ago, imizded said:

How come every other online game works just fine (destiny 2 for example), and as i said i did play warframe just fine a few months back and i havent changed ISP, router or anything on my set up since then. But ill try contacting them aswell but i really doubt they have anything to do with it as i see too many people with these problems randomly appearing.

I can't speak for specifics, but Warframe is the oddball of the bunch when it comes to network. 

That being said, if you're using Windows, check your windows defender and turn it off if you don't need it. If you're running AV check that as well to make sure it will allow Warframe to run (some AVs are VERY picky). If you haven't yet, run a spedtest (speedtest.net) and check to make sure your connection solid. 

Other things to consider: All your updates are done. If you're using wifi ensure the connection is solid or hook up via ethernet (if possible) for the download. Check your task manager when you run Warframe and see what it's doing to your system as whole (make sure it's not hard faulting or anything like that). 

You can also reach out to support regarding issues (click support at the top of the page) and see if they are able to assist you (sometimes they can, sometimes not. Also note their response time can be slow). 

Any other details you can provide at this current time, let me know 🙂

Edited by Zyneris

hace 51 minutos, imizded dijo:

Ok so I played warframe a few months back just gave it a try and it worked flawlessly, probably just played like a bit in the tutorial and thats all, i had other games in my radar so i focused on them a bit more. Now i have nothing better to do so i decided to jump back into warframe cause ive heard its a good time waster and i dont mind grinding.

But as soon as i got the game tried to log in it kept telling me to check my Log in Details cause they were wrong or smth, got scared like S#&$ so i reset my passwords and everything was fine, but that error came up all the time so i couldn log in. I created a new account and the same problem appeared. Said #*!% it whatever might be a temporary game bug. Few weeks passed and that bug is still there and i found a solution by using a VPN software i could log in easily.

But then when i got into the game, i couldnt join the online chat. After that i realised that i cannot even see other players online and that im completly disconected from other players. So i started getting an error telling me to permit port 4950 and 4955 on my firewall (which is funny because my firewall is completly shut down 24/7). So i thought that might be my problem with online so i jumped into my firewall to check if it was blocking anything from warframe and it wasnt because hell i played this  game before so it shouldnt have changed anything anyway. 

Then i decided to forward those ports on my router settings and still didnt fix the problem. Tried using my 2 other routers and a cable connection aaand the problem still presists. Checked many many solutions online and none of them worked for me nor other people. So i thought a fresh reinstall would be great. 

Oh boy was that my worst decision, now when i go to the patcher to download the game/updates it closes after like 20 minutes of downloading with no error code or anything. And i cant even play offline. I have lots of experience with solving problems and i never even have these kind of errors in any game, but warframes problems are completly braindead and senseless and most likely unsolvable for me. Any help or thought is appreciated for any of my problems. 

change your DNS for google (or 1.1.1.1), router level, get a static IP for your computer (i mean the IP for your network adapter), change also your DNS there, if nothing works, factory reset router and network adapter, and if that doesnt work, then you didnt port foward correctly, you need to make the new rule, when apply that rule to your computer (using the name, the MAC adress or the IP your computer has)

Edited by Toppien

If you have the standard cable company, they always have something going wrong somewhere in their system.

I had a issue similar to that, and I had to work with my cable company to get it fixed.

work with support and your cable company. 

(AT&x  and FxOS are worst then cable company’s so beware.) 

8 hours ago, Zyneris said:

I can't speak for specifics, but Warframe is the oddball of the bunch when it comes to network. 

That being said, if you're using Windows, check your windows defender and turn it off if you don't need it. If you're running AV check that as well to make sure it will allow Warframe to run (some AVs are VERY picky). If you haven't yet, run a spedtest (speedtest.net) and check to make sure your connection solid. 

Other things to consider: All your updates are done. If you're using wifi ensure the connection is solid or hook up via ethernet (if possible) for the download. Check your task manager when you run Warframe and see what it's doing to your system as whole (make sure it's not hard faulting or anything like that). 

You can also reach out to support regarding issues (click support at the top of the page) and see if they are able to assist you (sometimes they can, sometimes not. Also note their response time can be slow). 

Any other details you can provide at this current time, let me know 🙂

Sadly i did all of those and im waiting for the response from support but thanks for trying to help man

8 hours ago, Firedtm said:

If you have the standard cable company, they always have something going wrong somewhere in their system.

I had a issue similar to that, and I had to work with my cable company to get it fixed.

work with support and your cable company. 

(AT&x  and FxOS are worst then cable company’s so beware.) 

I really dont think they are the problem because i would have had problems in other games aswell because i do play a lot of online based games. But ill still contact them later on 

8 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

Did you play around with the ports in the options to see if it helps at all.

yep tried switching the ports one by one  and also forwarding each of them on router settings and also firewall configuration and none of those helped. 

25 minutes ago, imizded said:

I really dont think they are the problem because i would have had problems in other games aswell because i do play a lot of online based games. But ill still contact them later on 

IDK about Warframe but other I think other games use VoIP or something. Which is normally will be blocked by Firewall.

Also, I've played on strict NAT all the time (because I can't change my ISP obviously). I don't have problem with joining people and I don't use Voice in game (I do use Skype or Discord). Since strict NAT(in my case) only disable the ability to use Voice in game. I don't have problem with playing the game at all.

Another solution would be using VPN. Since it is most likely your ISP fault or something. But in my case, I don't have message about strict NAT after I'm using VPN (but it's increase my ping about 50-100ms obviously).