Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Renewal needs fixing

Bristoling

Oberon creates a field with radius of 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meters, which is permanent until deactivated. Ally players entering the field will receive a buff

This in itself is a major problem and greatly reduces Oberon's role as a support. Many Oberon players don't even know how this ability works and as a result they think that they provide healing (and armour with their 2nd ability) to their team mates, while in fact majority of the time if you don't know where the Oberon cast his Renwal, you can be standing right next to him and receive no healing at all. If you are in any mission other then Defence you need good luck accidentally finding the marked area or you need to constantly ask the Oberon player to recast his ability (or do it yourself anytime you aren't sure if everyone has got the buff/someone gets downed and die). 

This issue could easily be fixed if instead of marking an area that allies have to get in contact with to receive the buff, the buff itself was always centered around Oberon so that don't have to start typing to tell the Oberon to recast his ability while you are on less then 50 hp and under fire or just got downed and died.

As far as I'm aware, there are also issues with his Renewal buff and Nullifiers, as "simple" solution to fix the skill would be to change the ability to a pulse every second, radiating outwards from Oberon, healing all allies for the amout specified instantly like a Health pad, instead of being a constant buff.

I rather not have a heal pulse every few seconds. Having it as a constant heal and buff is imo a better option as instant heal goes to Trinity. 

Also, the only fix I want for Renewal is the interaction with Nekros' SoTD where it doesn't drain my energy at 8 energy/s for everytime SoTD is cast.

9 hours ago, Bristoling said:

instead of marking an area that allies have to get in contact with to receive the buff, the buff itself was always centered around Oberon

Very yes please.

And if Iron Renewal is active on Oberon, apply that buff as well.

9 hours ago, Bristoling said:

there are also issues with his Renewal buff and Nullifiers

The Iron Renewal Armor buff has a "grace period" mechanic where you
keep the buff for a bit after Renewal has been cancelled (by whatever means).

Just use that same duration to allow Renewal recasts to affect all allies again that you had tagged before,
regardless of distance from Oberon / the Renewal cast location.

1 hour ago, Hayshucle said:

the interaction with Nekros' SoTD

Yeah, that one is pretty silly and useless, enemies have so much more Health than Frames at ~decent levels
that the Shadow decay will never be counteracted in a meaningful / appreciated way by Renewal.

Hek, it's actually potentially counterproductive, as Renewal will do the most for the Shadows with the lowest Health,
i.e. the weakest ones, the ones that Nekros might want to die so they can be replaced by better units he's got stored up.

Plus of course, Nekros shouldn't really have any problems getting Energy to recast and thus heal his Shadows.

Edited by NinjaZeku

7 hours ago, Hayshucle said:

I rather not have a heal pulse every few seconds. Having it as a constant heal and buff is imo a better option as instant heal goes to Trinity.

I was thinking not every few seconds but every second. I'm assuming that it's the constant "healing ticks" that could be the problem from programming standpoint. A healing pulse every second working from mechanical perspective in similar fashion to a health pad would probably not be affected by allies losing the buff permanently after coming into contact with Nullifiers since the buff would just trigger once each second for same effect as constant buff. 

Of course Nekros's Shadows problem should also be fixed.

Eh, I'm a big Oberon user, my main frustration is that people just... wander off.

Since the Iron Renewal buff only works with the combo of Renewal and Hallowed Ground, I find myself running around after the idiots that have just been pinged with Renewal at the start, trying to throw HG at their feet because they understand even less about how this thing works. I feel like a true nurse-maid for the babies whenever this happens, just trotting around trying to clean up after their mess.

What would work, for me and others who actually play Oberon well, is for that casting location to be highlighted. Doesn't have to be tied to Oberon at all. That way they can see a ring of graphical 'over here you dumb puddle of Kubrow drool' that I can also put down a carpet down on, so they just walk in and get both buffs.

However, something I really can't support is the idea of the regular pulse.

Oberon's Renewal, and the Iron Renewal buff, have infinite range. You can go to the other side of the Orb Vallis and Oberon will still be healing you and giving you that buff.

I mean, in the long run, the problem you're having isn't Oberon. The problem you're having is bad Oberon players.

And that's something you're not likely to get fixed, no matter how idiot-proof you try to make things. There is no limit to the power of idiots.