Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

its Nov'18, why is solo survival still buggy? wtb life suport

SaidTheRogue

It's not buggy, it's (unfortunately) how the mission type works. 

At higher levels, there isn't enough life support in the towers alone to keep you alive. You NEED to kill enemies, and a lot of them, in order to make them drop life support capsules. Further, enemies spawn in waves, so there's only a limited number of enemies on the map at one time. You need to find and kill all the enemies as fast as possible in order to allow new ones to spawn and drop more life support for you. If you're going solo, then your clear speed is slower and less enemies spawn, meaning less life support for you. If you aren't playing a frame with lightning-fast clear speed or one that can increase drops from enemies (Nekros, Hydroid, Ivara), then you're going to have a tough time surviving to the end of the mission.

It feels terrible, because it doesn't seem like you're losing. You just run out of air after killing every enemy you come across and getting every single life support tower, and you spend the last few minutes running around desperately trying to find an enemy to kill or waiting for a tower to spawn. 

DE really needs to buff the solo spawn rates, or at least create a new spawning system that isn't dependent on waves so the frames that kill things slower have a chance at actually doing the mission by themselves. It'd be different if it was only difficult for those frames, but in a lot of cases it's mathematically impossible for a frame like Limbo or Nyx to do a survival mission solo. 

50 minutes ago, SaidTheRogue said:

title says it all. one hour SOLO surv @titan.. at about 55min suddenly theres hardly any lifesupport and i'm kept drained to super low hp. ugh. why?

There is enough life support. Its just you can't kill high level enemies fast enough to maintain LS levels high. Thats normal.

40 minutes ago, Aejan said:

or at least create a new spawning system that isn't dependent on waves so the frames that kill things slower have a chance at actually doing the mission by themselves

what about a beacon system?

have "reinforcement beacons" as a consumable gear item; deploying them produces an SOS that causes more enemy reinforcements to appear. each beacon adds another player's worth of spawns, so if a solo player uses 3 beacons, they would get 4 players worth of spawns. it's not unfair to have more enemeis since you still have to do the legwork of actually killing them (as well as crafting these beacons), and for those who can kill fast enough, it solves the life support problem. also purely optional: you don't have to deploy a beacon, but be prepared for a bigger fight if you do.

I think this would work.

After playing in Fortuna with 4 Reinforcement Beacons active, i want the experience i saw there into Solo Survivals. With all beacons active, the enemies was spawning constantly and the only way they would stop spawning is if the enemies removes the beacons from you (which can happen) or you leave the Area you was fighting in. I’ve done plenty of Solo Survival runs and none of them gives me the same experience as a fully alerted Fortuna because of the buggy spawns in Solo Survivals.

6 hours ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

There is enough life support. Its just you can't kill high level enemies fast enough to maintain LS levels high. Thats normal.

uh, no, that wasnt the problem. i can kill stuff just fine. its just from one moment to the next, there was no more life support. i was camping the same area though.. maybe its something to do with that. but when the problem started, hell there werent even any more support tower things.. whatever the hell theyre called, anyway.