Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant is the Worst Frame in the Game

Howl4Me

On 2018-11-18 at 10:58 PM, Glyphicality said:

Any frame is going to be fine for endgame, because this game isn't particularly hard. Revenant's just the weakest of the bunch, and worse, far less interesting in design than most too, since all of his abilities are weaker carbon copies of those of other frames. 

But every game combat is some combo of face tank, evasion, stun, dot, debuff, healz, subversion and high dps. Rev is fun to play, but like equinox, khora (and garuda) sport aesthetics that are a turn off (for me at least). Rev’s attack sounds are a little lame (eidelon call, really?).

Reave is about movement with some healz for me and I think you can cancel the dash by hitting 3 again or aim at an obstacle. It’s as bad as slash dash and prolly based on it.

Nyx and Ember are in worse shape atm.

Once you get to a certain number of toons, gods, whatever, skills overlap and nothing is really fresh. That leaves personality and to this date DE doesnt register on that meter one bit. Umbra or Valkitty somewhat excepted.

Honestly tho, DE needs to bulk up on lore (lots of loose ends -factions with no relevance to glacially advancing story line, elements of fortuna story just coming across as odd ball as heck) so maybe they’d have a bit more background to draw frames from.

I feel like you guys might not be using Revenant to the fullest of his abilities. Even so, I hope the criticisms bring even more usefulness to him.

His 1 provides a de-aggro. His 2 makes even the highest level of enemies obsolete. 3 does damage on a percentage of health. It literally does not matter how much health they have. 4's adaptive damage is massively useful against enemies with bloated armor and shield numbers.

Edited by YpsitheFlintsider

3 hours ago, Glyphicality said:

Her 2... yeah, okay, fair, I wasn't thinking about that one.

No, no, Khora's ensnare is nothing like Larva. For instance...

1. It lasts twice as long.

2. It propagates again when whipclaw is used in it, where Larva can only reach out and grab enemies once.

3. The enemies receive 2x damage from whipclaw.

4. It does not require line of sight.

5. It's recastable, as long as you target a non-affected enemy.

6. It's silent.

In fact, the only real advantage Larva has over ensnare is it's longer range...of 2 meters.

2 hours ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

In fact, the only real advantage Larva has over ensnare is it's longer range...of 2 meters.

I would say the biggest advantage is that you cast it wherever you want to cast it. Ensnare requires a target. If you're in a farming group or something and want to pull enemies to a specific point, you'd never take Khora over Nidus. Nidus can pick the spot, regardless of whether or not there's an enemy standing there. Extra range is nice. Larva also has half the base energy cost. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Everything is good at trash clearing in low levels. That's not really a compliment if you go "WOAH THAT KILLED THAT LEVEL 1 ENEMY SO HARD!"

I mean, you know that's a silly thing to say, but I will cede that Equinox is better for quick trash clearing on lower level missions. 

15 hours ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

1. It lasts twice as long.

2. It propagates again when whipclaw is used in it, where Larva can only reach out and grab enemies once.

3. The enemies receive 2x damage from whipclaw.

4. It does not require line of sight.

5. It's recastable, as long as you target a non-affected enemy.

6. It's silent.

larva burst and range. nidus makes short cc work of an entire room of enemies. couple with ravenous it’s a pretty devestating kit

Ive never seen her whip claw turn huge mobs instantly into a helpess mass of arms and legs. 

I’ve never seen whip claw snipe across a tile (lua stöffler) to pull enemies off of a struggling player or one about to be jumped from behind and either pop for a toxin proc or be left for said player to have some fun with, nor used to troll an entire hydron wave into one easy to shoot blob and piles of loot right under foot. I have seen huge domes where the dead are mixed indistinguishably from the living scattered over its surface.

Khora is light beer kink in her current state. Her cc is effective but not very fun. 

Still hoping for a change that allows aiming the ult lasers like convectrix, like the fire button boosts stats and the aim button actually aims the lasers to a point you're looking at. And speaking of revs ult why doesn't it have radiation as it's base damage? Every sentient weapon we have has a rad component.

That said, rev feels more like his kit has alotta unnecessary stuff in his kit and not enough necessary stuff especially when you take account of the sentient motifs. It's hard to explain but when you play him you feel like he's lacking something important.

32 minutes ago, -Bv-Concarne said:

Still hoping for a change that allows aiming the ult lasers like convectrix, like the fire button boosts stats and the aim button actually aims the lasers to a point you're looking at. And speaking of revs ult why doesn't it have radiation as it's base damage? Every sentient weapon we have has a rad component.

I don't mind Rev's ultimate changing damage types. Gives it a 75% damage boost potentially, per faction. 

On 2018-11-23 at 8:24 PM, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

I don't mind Rev's ultimate changing damage types. Gives it a 75% damage boost potentially, per faction. 

Nah the damage adaptation can stay, it's great, the base rad damage type would be for units that it doesn't adapt to. Which I think are stripped grineers, unshielded corpus units without armor, and infested that don't have infested flesh off the top of my head.

On 2018-11-22 at 3:22 PM, Glyphicality said:

Look at Garuda; all 4 of her abilities are unique to her, with different physicality and behavior from other frames. Now look at Revenant; not one of his abilities isn't something a different frame does, just with tweaked effects. 

Dread Mirror has Volt's Electric Shield, but you can pull it down to do a basic explosion.

Blood Altar is just a stationary Renewal.

Bloodletting is the only actually fully unique ability.

Seeking Talons is just high damage Shuriken.

The more I see mediocre Warframes get released, the more I wish I had quit the game years ago when my veteran friend at the time was quitting. It's bad enough Warframes, for the most part, have no context or real lore behind them, but also their kits are unimaginative or good for nothing. For a game called Warframe, these Warframes feel just about as special as a weapon on the marketplace. I can't imagine a bright future for this game at this rate and DE's pattern of just putting out a "theme" frame and focusing on the next big project. 

Edited by Ameijin-Grey

Now that I've had a chance to get around to using Rev he's somewhat better than I originally thought, but he's still lackluster. I like the synergy between his abilities but they're really only useful in solo. The Thralls die too quickly in pub matches to do anything with them and that's where a lot of the synergy is, so there's no point in using his 1.

He's not the worst (that's still Wukong), but he needs "something" to make him a little better.

This should not even be a discussion. Revenant the worse frame in the game? Fat chance. Just because he doesn't have a niche doesn't mean he is the worse. You use his 1 for cc or removing big targets and healers from the fight. For some reason most of you can figure that out with frost's one but as soon as it's revenant the minions gotta do something extra like Nekros' ultimate... which is an ultimate.

His 4 is better at killing than Mesa when you are completely surrounded which can happen time to time. Really the only ability I wish was tweaked is his 3 which you can use to escape tricky situations.

Edited by Dr.Wuzzah

On 2018-11-19 at 8:24 AM, DUSTCLOUD said:

I dont see revenant lasting long in the 100+ range.

he does, mesmer skin negates all damage, dance murders even the hardest enemies in seconds. it's #*!%ing amazing. he get's better the higher level the enemies become. best scaling frame in game, probably

3 hours ago, Dr.Wuzzah said:

This should not even be a discussion. Revenant the worse frame in the game? Fat chance. Just because he doesn't have a niche doesn't mean he is the worse. You use his 1 for cc or removing big targets and healers from the fight. For some reason most of you can figure that out with frost's one but as soon as it's revenant the minions gotta do something extra like Nekros' ultimate... which is an ultimate.

His 4 is better at killing than Mesa when you are completely surrounded which can happen time to time. Really the only ability I wish was tweaked is his 3 which you can use to escape tricky situations.

>be immortal

>stun enemies that hit you and be able to draw aggro away

>have scaling damage and room clear that can kill anything not health gated

>still be the worst in game

>411115403822104587.png?v=1

Sucks to be Revenant i guess. Meanwhile Ember is giggling in the corner.

Edited by IceColdHawk

22 hours ago, Ameijin-Grey said:

It's bad enough Warframes, for the most part, have no context or real lore behind them, but also their kits are unimaginative or good for nothing.

Totally agree on the lack of lore. I’d rather see one or two warframes a year and much more about them even after you build them.. in fact quest lines to fill in during and after aquisition (see sacrifice). They could spend more time on the kits before release and tinker and even perhaps add skins while giving people a rationale to play them with post aquisition quests.

With so many frames its become a bother to deal with the glut of them. When farming you want what's efficient with speed and lack of hassle (read loki, limbo, ash for most missions). Existing frames cover the bases.

Oddly, I find POE broadening my choices, but the planes aren’t much of a draw.

On 2018-11-26 at 4:27 PM, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

Revenant could get some changes, I’m cool with him either way. The real issue is why his default skin looks the way it does, and not like Limbo’s Deluxe skin. 

Tbh. most limbos wouldn't mind letting Revenant have that as his default skin lol

On 2018-11-26 at 10:41 AM, Rawbeard said:

he does, mesmer skin negates all damage, dance murders even the hardest enemies in seconds. it's #*!%ing amazing. he get's better the higher level the enemies become. best scaling frame in game, probably

Ok now take away his 4. What does he have to offer? Not dying? A lot of frames can do that and do it much better.

im not sure how you think this. how much power strength do you have on your revenant? only 6 charges for his 2? i have 15! i never die! did you know that his 2 prevents most types of damage? i think he is a FANTASTIC frame. the only problem is that his noble stance is... strange.

My only issue with Revenant is the homing missles from the pillars when his thralls die. But to call him the worst frame? It's a darn shame to see people who've written him off without even actually testing him. By the way, he wants power strength. And little else. With a bit of power strength he can easily do 24+ hours on MOT with the only real danger being boredom from how trivial he makes it.

ENTHRALL: Sure, using the thralls for -damage- is a no. But enthrall is a great CC ability for bringing VIPs out of the battle for a good few seconds, and turning them into meat shields. Thralls take ALOT of aggro off of Revenant, meaning if your mesmer skin charges are low you can enthrall a few chumps (free if they're stunned by the skin) and refresh safely.

MESMER SKIN: Refreshable invincibility. With good power strength you can get 15, even more power strength you can get to almost 30. You cannot compare it to Nezha's 90% (as Revenant's is 100%) and Mesa's shatter shield cannot defend her from melee/aoe attacks or status. 

REAVE: Go fast, 1-hit VIP enemies. It's good. Sure the healing may not be there, but if you're playing Rev correctly you won't NEED the healing; mesmer skin is your real health. As for the energy cost... I don't even have max efficiency or arcane energize on my Revenant, and I've had no troubles. 50 energy to vapourize a room? 'Sfair enough for me.

DANSE MACABRE: Kill fodder very quickly in a big area. It's fine. I don't use it as much as the "REV IS SPIN2WIN" may think. But it works.

OVERALL Revenant is a god and the only people who say otherwise either haven't even given him an honest go, or simply don't have a clue on how to mod him. He has strong CC, is functionally unkillable, can easily pick out VIPs for easy kills while lasering down fodder.

The CC his thralls give keep enemies from shooting defence targets and he's easily able to dispatch them, making him ideal for defence, excavation, and mobile defence.

The speed from his reave makes him ideal for speedrunning capture missions

His invincibility and ability to easily kill on the move makes him ideal for exterminate, survivability, and assassination.

His only weakness are the homing missiles I mentioned at start. 

6 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Ok now take away his 4. What does he have to offer? Not dying? A lot of frames can do that and do it much better.

I'd argue you can't do better than a flat 100% immunity that scales off charges and not health. And also, he still provides CC and his reave's ability to 1-shot anything, or at least chunk their health away so he can easily finish them off.

1 hour ago, The_Tiddler said:

I'd argue you can't do better than a flat 100% immunity that scales off charges and not health. And also, he still provides CC and his reave's ability to 1-shot anything, or at least chunk their health away so he can easily finish them off.

Enthrall is a shoddy CC ability and trying to upsell Reave like that is Hilarious.