Can MR2 beat the game? A test in progress.

wtflag

I'm interested in seeing how far a F2P with the lowest MR possible can go, so I have created a new account. My goal is to beat the main storyline and solo Eidolon Teralyst if possible.

I know archwing is MR2 and necessary to complete main quest. I don't know if there are any other restrictions so it will be helpful if someone can point out.

The starter frame has to be Volt. Volt is one of the top all rounder frame for all types of content; AOE nuke, speed run, eidolon and so on. It shall be Volt from start to end.

First hour is just clearing the starting quest and getting to Fortuna. As I have only 3000 standing cap at MR2, it is important to start accumulating standing in Cetus and Fortuna in order to buy the starter fishing pole and sun plasma drill. At least 111 amp will be needed to beat eidolon.

After checking the wiki, my conclusion is that these should be the best for their MR.

Primary weapon at MR2: boar, vectis

Secondary weapon at MR2: sonicor

Melee at MR2 to acquire: freesword

Wish me luck!

To be continued ...

If you want to unlock the Operator to do Eidolon you have to unlock all the way to MR 5 because the War Within is locked behind a junction (Sedna Junction) with that requirement.

A challenge would be maybe never ranking up any mods. relying on the base mods and base stats of any weapon and frame.

A MR5 limit is nothing.

MR Warframe Primary Secondary Melee Sentinel
0 Ash (Prime) • AtlasBansheeChromaEmber (Prime) • EquinoxExcalibur (Prime) • Excalibur Umbra (Prime) • Frost (Prime) • GaraGarudaHarrowHydroidInarosIvaraKhoraLimboLoki (Prime) • Mag (Prime) • MesaMirageNekros (Prime) • NezhaNidusNova (Prime) • Nyx (Prime) • OberonOctaviaRevenantRhino (Prime) • Saryn (Prime) • TitaniaTrinity (Prime) • Valkyr (Prime) • Vauban (Prime) • Volt (Prime) • WukongZephyr Braton (MK1) • BurstonHindLatronMK1-ParisSnipetronMK1-Strun BroncoMK1-FurisKrakenMK1-KunaiLatoSeer AmphisAnkyros (Prime) • Bo (MK1) • CadusCronusDark DaggerDark SwordDex DakraDual EtherDual Heat SwordsDual SkanaEther DaggersEther SwordFang (Prime) • Furax (MK1, Wraith) • Heat DaggerHeat SwordKarystKestrelKogakeLectaMireNami SkylaNami SoloNikana PrimeNinkondiObex (Prisma) • Plasma SwordShakuSheevSigma & OctantisSilva & AegisSkana (Prime, Prisma) Carrier (Prime) • DethcubeDirigaDjinnHeliosShade (Prisma) • TaxonWyrm (Prime) • ArtaxBurst Laser (Prisma) • DeconstructorDeth Machine RifleLaser Rifle (Prime) • StingerSweeper (Prime) • Vulklok
1   KarakStrun   Dual KamasGlaiveJaw SwordKamaMachete (Prisma, Wraith) • Magistar  
2   BoarBoltorMutalist QuantaVectis AkbroncoBallisticaFurisGammacorHikouKunaiSonicorStug AtteraxBoltaceDual ZorenFragorGramHateOrthos (Prime) • Pangolin SwordReaper PrimeScindoSerroSydonTekko  
3   GorgonParisTetraVulkar AklatoCastanasLexSicarus Ack & BruntAnkuCeramic DaggerCerataDual Cleavers (Prisma) • Ether ReaperGalatineKronenProva (Vandal) • RipkasTipedoTonboTwin BasolkVenka  
4 Limbo Prime Braton VandalDeraHekQuantaPrisma TetraTorid AfurisAklexAkzaniAngstrumBronco PrimeCestraDespairHikou PrimeNukorSpectraVastoViper (Wraith) GuandaoNikanaRedeemerScindo PrimeVolnus  
5 Hydroid Prime DrakgoonDreadGrakataIgnisKohmSimulorSnipetron VandalSybarisTonkor AtomosKohmakKulstarTwin GremlinsTwin Vipers Bo PrimeBroken ScepterCassowarDark Split-Sword (Dual Swords)Dark Split-Sword (Heavy Blade)Gazal MacheteJat KittagKrohkurOkinaOrvius

2 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

I feel like this won't be much of a challenge as it is a patience test. Only thing you get from being mr5 is cap n weapon restriction, but most mr5 weapons can do juat fine.

So yeah, for sure it's feasible.

You are right. I was thinking it would be a challegue to beat the main quest and solo Teralyst at MR2. Did not realize the war within needs MR5. 😖

Having access to hex, dread and galentine at MR5 would already beat the star chart easily. Atomos with carrier or ammo mutation will beat sorties easily.

3 minutes ago, mcKentucky said:

I believe there is someone with an account named UNRANKED (I think) with MR0 with tonnes of MR points. Somebody posted a picture of it on Reddit. I don't know how far the owner has achieved.

There's quite a few of them out there and each one has their own personal challenge. It's interesting to see.

Can you beat 'Arbitrations' with MR0, Stater Frame and Mk-1 weapons without installed any Orokin Catalyst/Reactor and any Rare or above Mod (inculding Riven) 'Solo'?

That would be True End game (and by End game I mean you press Alt+F4).

PS. I don't know if this still possible. But my ID is really old one and I was just come back to play recently. I had a lot of juction locked. But I can still play the mission past it just fine (that I have previously open). Maybe if you have friends they can invited and have them open for you? Since it's seem to be possible to finish all mission and Open Arbitrations without finish any Junction.

Ive tried, but MR 2 doesnt do it. Minimumum you can be for Vey Hek and for Uranus junction is MR5. You can complete the whole star chart at MR5, only things you cannot do is the Silver Grove quest and sometimes cant visit Baro.

As for weapons, they are no problem. A MR1 Strun with 1 forma handles solo sorties no problem.

Mastery rank really doesn't mean much in a power aspect, its a sign of diversity (breadth not depth) and a minor lock to more "powerful" gear/features.

The real power for gear comes from mods, and I don't believe any of those are locked to a specific mastery rank.

I hope you have trying this out though, as that is the entire point of playing.

Edited by Loswaith

1 hour ago, NocheLuz said:

Can you beat 'Arbitrations' with MR0, Stater Frame and Mk-1 weapons without installed any Orokin Catalyst/Reactor and any Rare or above Mod (inculding Riven) 'Solo'?

That would be True End game (and by End game I mean you press Alt+F4).

PS. I don't know if this still possible. But my ID is really old one and I was just come back to play recently. I had a lot of juction locked. But I can still play the mission past it just fine (that I have previously open). Maybe if you have friends they can invited and have them open for you? Since it's seem to be possible to finish all mission and Open Arbitrations without finish any Junction.

Arbitration is hard MR locked so it's not possible at the moment.

3 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Arbitration is hard MR locked so it's not possible at the moment.

So the Arbitration is MR locked? I thought the only requirment was completed star chart. Or it's not possible to open star chart by joioning other people now? Since even if you got invited it should still count as you completed that mission.

16 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

So the Arbitration is MR locked? I thought the only requirment was completed star chart. Or it's not possible to open star chart by joioning other people now? Since even if you got invited it should still count as you completed that mission.

The arbitration mission itself is mr locked just like oro,earth(mr 5). Tho I'm not sure what's the mr requirement.

Beating the game depends on your definition:

- Story, Quests, access to all locations: MR5 is minimum
- Access to all items available: MR15
- Completionist: MR30

Zaws and now Kitguns bring some extraordinary damage to the game, that "beating" it at low MR isn't a challenge really. And you don't even need those. At MR5 you have access to all hard hitting skill frames (at MR0 actually).

More important than your MR is, as always, your collection of MODS. Mods and forma define your power more than your gaming skills. And as only Riven Mods are restricted to mastery (MR8 at least), there's nothing that should hold you back "beating" the general game content at MR5.