Jump to content

Rattleguts.. Undesirable


Grimmstyler
 Share

Recommended Posts

Rattleguts looks like a basic Nut & Bolt shooter, Lol Steampunk style.. I would have expected a visual more like Cestra and better Stats for a build. Seems more like Rattleguts is a [Viper] build.

The loader doesn't look appealing.. Niether does the Gibber.

For a beginner, Rhino Buff would be the best ability Combo. 

If Rattleguts was like a Cestra (Corpus style weapon) Beginner frame Mag would work well, since [Split Chamber] can be obtained on Vallis

Mesa + [Pistol Amp] could probably make something of Rattleguts, but by time you get Mesa better Weapons will be available.

 

Edited by Grimmstyler
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rattleguts can one or two-shot level 50 Heavy Gunners and Bombards, properly modded, without a riven. If you can't kill sortie 1 level enemies in two to three hits with a Rattleguts kitgun, you're probably not building or modding it correctly. It is more powerful, easily, than the Akstiletto Prime.

 

I would suggest re-evaluating your mods, and if that hasn't improved the weapon's performance, re-evaluating the weapon build.

Edited by UpgradeInProgress
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@vFlitz @UpgradeInProgress

Yea Rattleguts stats didn't look impressive to me. But i watched a YouTube video on aRattleguts build that actually looked decent.

I figured the Gibber was gonna be the effective Grip for Rattleguts for fire rate and a Status effect Loader. I mean the Gibber lacks a lot of damage and I'm not sure why it would be used on anything other than Catchmoon/Tombfinger for putting Status on a enemy for a Melee frame with [Condition Overload]. But really you would want that knock back effect.

Now given.. every shot is headshots which people always assume the weapons DPS on..

 

Edited by Grimmstyler
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use Rattleguts - Ramble - Splat, but having recently obtained a riven, Rattleguts - Ramble - Bashrack will have much more potential. The idea is to get crit-leaning over 100% but to avoid ruining your status chance in the process. I enjoy Ramble more than lovetap (I own both) simply because it has more status effects per second, less impact distirbution, and MUCH less recoil, which make headshots and armor stripping a breeze. It also scales higher. In testing, they seemed to cross TTK at level 138 Corrupted Heavy Gunner, and then Ramble started rapidly overtaking the Lovetap. Pax Charge will probably be my solution to the ammo efficiency problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UpgradeInProgress said:

I use Rattleguts - Ramble - Splat, but having recently obtained a riven, Rattleguts - Ramble - Bashrack will have much more potential. The idea is to get crit-leaning over 100% but to avoid ruining your status chance in the process. I enjoy Ramble more than lovetap (I own both) simply because it has more status effects per second, less impact distirbution, and MUCH less recoil, which make headshots and armor stripping a breeze. It also scales higher. In testing, they seemed to cross TTK at level 138 Corrupted Heavy Gunner, and then Ramble started rapidly overtaking the Lovetap. Pax Charge will probably be my solution to the ammo efficiency problem.

@HadronVictorioso

Well after reviewing the options i went with Rattleguts - Lovetap - Slapneedle just for the + reload and slightly higher status.

It's all subject to what abilities/mods you combinate it with i guess

 

Edited by Grimmstyler
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rattleguts ain't that bad. My first impression from a video i saw was it was a nut and bolt shooter. But it sounds good and has beam shots with cosmic splashs on hits.

I'd like to see a secondary option like Burst shot.. And Rattleguts not look like a Jigasaw lol

Then even a Arcane with collective shot AOE or Arca Scisco Passive

Edited by Grimmstyler
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm quite enjoying the feel of the Rattleguts. I put Lovetap + Slap on mine. Satisfying amounts of "pew-pew".

It scratches the itch of a single-handed automatic pistol quite well. I still have my Stubba in my inventory, waiting for a potato, and it might be waiting a longer while still....

Granted, by the looks of the thing I was expecting something that felt more like the Rivet Gun from Dead Space....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheGreenGunner said:

I'm quite enjoying the feel of the Rattleguts. I put Lovetap + Slap on mine. Satisfying amounts of "pew-pew".

It scratches the itch of a single-handed automatic pistol quite well. I still have my Stubba in my inventory, waiting for a potato, and it might be waiting a longer while still....

Granted, by the looks of the thing I was expecting something that felt more like the Rivet Gun from Dead Space....

Same. I'm enjoying it with Lovetap + Slapneedle with Mirage. Very effective for Open World.

Im loving the Tiberon automatic feel to it and projectiles looking like Arca Scisco.

Edited by Grimmstyler
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, UpgradeInProgress said:

I use Rattleguts - Ramble - Splat, but having recently obtained a riven, Rattleguts - Ramble - Bashrack will have much more potential. The idea is to get crit-leaning over 100% but to avoid ruining your status chance in the process. I enjoy Ramble more than lovetap (I own both) simply because it has more status effects per second, less impact distirbution, and MUCH less recoil, which make headshots and armor stripping a breeze. It also scales higher. In testing, they seemed to cross TTK at level 138 Corrupted Heavy Gunner, and then Ramble started rapidly overtaking the Lovetap. Pax Charge will probably be my solution to the ammo efficiency problem.

I currently have a Gibber/Bashrack setup on my Rattleguts, and with two dual stat elemental mods and LT/BF it has a respectable 50ish% status on top of 70+ crit with the primed pistol crit mods.  67 shots in the magazine and a very high rate of fire means you are throwing out status left and right despite being more of a crit weapon than not.  I initially built this just for the funsies of it, going for a full max-as-possible-at-the-time fire rate bullet hose build, but I've been surprised with it's usefulness.  It can pretty reliably down a level 60 Scythoid during a Tier 5 bounty.  Takes about 3 full mags so it's not terribly efficient, but it's got a good solid rate of damage that can't be ignored.  If I had a good riven for it....

Edited by ShakeyMac
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Using Lovetap, Splat. Personally I find it a worthy replacement for my Cycron. It easily snipes fortuna enemies that are about a hundred meters away. Went full crit as I don't intend to give up on my Cycron and wanted a backup against the smaller eidolons like battalysts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ShakeyMac said:

I currently have a Gibber/Bashrack setup on my Rattleguts, and with two dual stat elemental mods and LT/BF it has a respectable 50ish% status on top of 70+ crit with the primed pistol crit mods.  67 shots in the magazine and a very high rate of fire means you are throwing out status left and right despite being more of a crit weapon than not.  I initially built this just for the funsies of it, going for a full max-as-possible-at-the-time fire rate bullet hose build, but I've been surprised with it's usefulness.  It can pretty reliably down a level 60 Scythoid during a Tier 5 bounty.  Takes about 3 full mags so it's not terribly efficient, but it's got a good solid rate of damage that can't be ignored.  If I had a good riven for it....

[Arcane Velocity] works very well for Kitguns.

The Gibber seems redundant to any build if your using a Kitgun as main DPS. Especially in those Secondary Only Sorties, (which most people just ability spam thru).

The Gibber sacrafices a lot of damage. I don't think a + Damage or + Crit Chance Riven would do a Gibber build much Justice.. Even [Arcane Awakening] or [Arcane Avenger], couldn't compare to [Arcae Velocity] on the stat returns.

The Gibber for me seems like a specific build for Catchmoon to put Blast Status on fast and [Covert Leathality] Finish. But that's a skillful DPS all in itself.. You might as well use Ash, Banshee, a blind or sleep frame.

Edited by Grimmstyler
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UpgradeInProgress said:

@ShakeyMac I'm going to start rolling my riven for critical to test on my new Bashrack setups, one with a Lovetap and one with the Ramble. Personally I'm partial to Ramble due to the almost complete lack of impact procs and recoil at range... But time will tell.

Maybe that's where the Gibber shines; no impact damage at all when paired with Bashrack. Just puncture, slash and rad.

 

4 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

[Arcane Velocity] works very well for Kitguns.

The Gibber seems redundant to any build if your using a Kitgun as main DPS. Especially in those Secondary Only Sorties, (which most people just ability spam thru).

The Gibber sacrafices a lot of damage. I don't think a + Damage or + Crit Chance Riven would do a Gibber build much Justice.. Even [Arcane Awakening] or [Arcane Avenger], couldn't compare to [Arcae Velocity] on the stat returns.

The Gibber for me seems like a specific build for Catchmoon to put Blast Status on fast and [Covert Leathality] Finish. But that's a skillful DPS all in itself.. You might as well use Ash, Banshee, a blind or sleep frame.

Like I said, it was my first gun so I just went with what appeared to be a max fire rate setup. I'll post a pic of its setup once I get home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, ShakeyMac said:

Like I said, it was my first gun so I just went with what appeared to be a max fire rate setup. I'll post a pic of its setup once I get home.

 I'm not bashing you.. I'm just bringing some attention to the Eidolons Arcanes.

I'm on the fence with some of my Kitgun builds.. Each build can be accommodated by something, that's the beauty of Warframe

Edited by Grimmstyler
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-11-19 at 10:21 PM, UpgradeInProgress said:

I use Rattleguts - Ramble - Splat, but having recently obtained a riven, Rattleguts - Ramble - Bashrack will have much more potential. The idea is to get crit-leaning over 100% but to avoid ruining your status chance in the process. I enjoy Ramble more than lovetap (I own both) simply because it has more status effects per second, less impact distirbution, and MUCH less recoil, which make headshots and armor stripping a breeze. It also scales higher. In testing, they seemed to cross TTK at level 138 Corrupted Heavy Gunner, and then Ramble started rapidly overtaking the Lovetap. Pax Charge will probably be my solution to the ammo efficiency problem.

Wait, the faster grips on Rattleguts produce less recoil? That was exactly what I wanted to know (and which really ought to be explained in their descriptions, tbh)

Now I think I might consider doing a build with Ramble/Gibber + Rattleguts + Slapneedle along with Pax Charge (might use Bashrack depending on Pax Charge's mechanics)!

Edited by Azamagon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Wait, the faster grips on Rattleguts produce less recoil? That was exactly what I wanted to know (and which really ought to be explained in their descriptions, tbh)

Now I think I might consider doing a build with Ramble/Gibber + Rattleguts + Slapneedle along with Pax Charge (might use Bashrack depending on Pax Charge's mechanics)!

I never got anyone's difficulties with recoil in this game (except on some silly weapons, like the Grakata with a fire rate buff). Rattleguts - Haymaker - Splat is perfectly controllable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HadronVictorioso said:

I never got anyone's difficulties with recoil in this game (except on some silly weapons, like the Grakata with a fire rate buff). Rattleguts - Haymaker - Splat is perfectly controllable.

Grakata is way over the top, yes.

I saw someone showing a Lovetap Rattleguts. It didn't just have recoil, it had RANDOM recoil, shifting between all sorts of horizontal and vertical patterns, which I utterly hate. That kinda pattern even kinda makes me have a mild headache after a while. Recoil-induced headache is something I've only ever got from playing Warframe, but no other game! So, yeah, go figure, I absolutely HATE recoil in Warframe 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Azamagon said:

Grakata is way over the top, yes.

I saw someone showing a Lovetap Rattleguts. It didn't just have recoil, it had RANDOM recoil, shifting between all sorts of horizontal and vertical patterns, which I utterly hate. That kinda pattern even kinda makes me have a mild headache after a while. Recoil-induced headache is something I've only ever got from playing Warframe, but no other game! So, yeah, go figure, I absolutely HATE recoil in Warframe 😛

Well, my Kitgun seems to have basically zero recoil - either that, or I'm so used to compensating for shooters with my mouse that I don't even notice it. I could record & post a video, if you'd like to see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HadronVictorioso said:

Well, my Kitgun seems to have basically zero recoil - either that, or I'm so used to compensating for shooters with my mouse that I don't even notice it. I could record & post a video, if you'd like to see.

Would be greatly appreciated to see its recoil! Just please don't "compensate", I wanna see its raw recoil effects. Thanks in advance! 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Would be greatly appreciated to see its recoil! Just please don't "compensate", I wanna see its raw recoil effects. Thanks in advance! 🙂

Alright, here's the link - also, for some reason the Fortuna update made the Simulacrum painfully bright. Hopefully that doesn't interfere with your viewing too much. Also, the quality might not be great since I just uploaded it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...