Jump to content

Make Hysteria be unaffected by nullifiers


Recommended Posts

I know the purpose of a nullifier is to disable any and all Warframe abilities, but considering the nature of Hysteria it just doesn't make sense that it would be cancelled by some corpus tech. What I mean is Valkyr basically goes bats*it crazy and starts scratching enemies with her claws, but as soon as she touches a bubble it's as if she's been to a therapist and done some yoga and sees things differently or something lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is unknown how warframe powers function, but one can expect that nullifiers temporarily sever a common element within all warframe powers. In regard to Valkyr though, she may very well be quite pissed off while within a nullifier bubble and yet unable to gain any fantastical power from it. Generally speaking, warframe powers seems to function on making absolutely ridiculous things manifest physically. One example of something that ridiculous is Rhino's stomp. He stomps his foot on the ground so hard it causes time dilation. Valkyr's power is equally ridiculous in that her rage manifests as the ability to quite literally become invulnerable. It's as though she gets so unreasonably angry that she forgets that she can be harmed and therefore can't be harmed.

Given that, It makes sense that the nullifier bubble affects Hysteria. It doesn't matter whether or not her rage is affected because the insane Orokin space magic that makes her invulnerable and gives her energy claws is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just a convenient and lazy thing the devs implemented a long time ago. There is no coherent lore behind nullifiers, the devs themselves basically admitted to this. Don't look for an explanation to how they affect warframe abilities, or even weapons, there is none, they're just there to try (and sadly utterly fail) to create "challenge" and counter our godlike powers. They are a failure, everyone knows it, even the devs, but at this point removing them entirely wouldn't make the game any better. Just don't jump in the bubbles, you can swipe at them when using Hysteria if you can't/don't want to turn it off. It's not fun, it's not challenging, but it works.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Marthrym said:

It's just a convenient and lazy thing the devs implemented a long time ago. There is no coherent lore behind nullifiers, the devs themselves basically admitted to this. Don't look for an explanation to how they affect warframe abilities, or even weapons, there is none, they're just there to try (and sadly utterly fail) to create "challenge" and counter our godlike powers. They are a failure, everyone knows it, even the devs, but at this point removing them entirely wouldn't make the game any better. Just don't jump in the bubbles, you can swipe at them when using Hysteria if you can't/don't want to turn it off. It's not fun, it's not challenging, but it works.

Well their bubble should atleast be affected by terrain and not clip through walls, I can't explain how annoying it is to randomly have your abilities disabled because there's a nullifier in the other room and his bubble is sticking through the wall 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Well their bubble should atleast be affected by terrain and not clip through walls, I can't explain how annoying it is to randomly have your abilities disabled because there's a nullifier in the other room and his bubble is sticking through the wall 

didn't they change it so that bubbles conform to the size of the room they're in awhile ago?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Atsia said:

didn't they change it so that bubbles conform to the size of the room they're in awhile ago?

Only the height of it. the width of the bubble won't change with the room, but the drone connecting the bubble will go to the height of the ceiling or the max height.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Her invulnerability itself doesn't come from her anger. Lol. I think Hysteria was literally one of the reasons Nullifiers were invented in the first place so DE isn't going to help you out there.

If it makes you feel better there are other frames who the affect of nullification makes even less sense if you think of it in that same sense of Hysteria. Nullifiers touching Hydroid's Undertow or Wukong's Cloud Walker manages to actually reconstitute their physical form rather than dissipating or preventing it. Lol

I think the better way to imagine it, to avoid hurting your head, is just to assume that with their abilities on they are channeling their void energy throughout their body (or even in the environment) to hold it in a state that isn't natural to them. Disrupting the flow of that energy is what resets it back to it's default form. That's what Nullifiers are doing, violently disrupting the flow of void energy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Volt's electricity comes from him scuffing his feeties on the ground and should therefore not be affected by Nullifiers. Saryn just has the flu, so that shouldn't be stopped by the Nullifiers. Inaros just spends all day at the beach, so he's really just using sand he already has and shouldn't be affected by Nullifiers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

Your not supposed to stay in hysteria for ever. decast it, take off the bubble and recast. Quick and easy.

Hysteria is too energy hungry to stay in it forever without having max primed flow and a ton of efficiency, and even then you'll get a couple minutes at best, and without a fast firing weapon with a lot of ms that bubble is surprisingly durable lol

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 4 minutes, (PS4)Equinox21697 a dit :

Hysteria is too energy hungry to stay in it forever without having max primed flow and a ton of efficiency, and even then you'll get a couple minutes at best, and without a fast firing weapon with a lot of ms that bubble is surprisingly durable lol

 

Why do you go to fight corpus without a fast firing secondary ? It's on you, it's perfectly what DE wanted to do with nullifiers, to force you to leave your confort zone and adapt quickly.

Edited by (PS4)Herrwann69
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

Why do you go to fight corpus without a fast firing secondary ? It's on you, it's perfectly what DE wanted to do with nullifiers, to force you to leave your confort zone and adapt quickly.

You're missing the point of my original post a bit, I was talking about the logic of some technology being able to soothe someone's anger basically, I never leave home without my trusty phyrana so those bubbles aren't much of a problem lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 5 minutes, (PS4)Equinox21697 a dit :

You're missing the point of my original post a bit, I was talking about the logic of some technology being able to soothe someone's anger basically, I never leave home without my trusty phyrana so those bubbles aren't much of a problem lol.

IMHO thinking about the gameplay lorewise is quite strange as lore is just a bonus to make Warframe a little bit more attractive.

Warframe is only a gameplay with a touch of lorish decorations.

Edited by (PS4)Herrwann69
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Hysteria is too energy hungry to stay in it forever without having max primed flow and a ton of efficiency, and even then you'll get a couple minutes at best, and without a fast firing weapon with a lot of ms that bubble is surprisingly durable lol

 

He didn't mean literal 'forever'. Lol

But with someone like Valkyr you shouldn't bother shooting the bubble anyway...run straight into it and punch the Nullifier in the face. His bubble is durable but even at high levels you can basically take him out directly with half modded weapons. Or avoid the situation entirely by using your Operator like I usually do. You can void walk straight into the bubble and headshot the dude with no issues.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

You're missing the point of my original post a bit, I was talking about the logic of some technology being able to soothe someone's anger

It doesn't remove her anger. It deactivates her ability. She can still be angry. Anger is not what is fueling her invulnerability...energy is. Nullifier disrupts energy...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Taking her against the Corpus was your first mistake.

I use her against the Corpus all the time, but I'm using a Warcry build rather than Hysteria. I either just run straight into the bubble and Blendtec™ the Nullifier, or melee attack the bubble itself. It only takes a couple seconds to pop it with my preferred Prisma Dual Cleavers, and means I don't have to spend energy to refresh Warcry after. I would have thought the same would work with her claws, but perhaps their range is too short.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Llamatronian said:

I use her against the Corpus all the time, but I'm using a Warcry build rather than Hysteria. I either just run straight into the bubble and Blendtec™ the Nullifier, or melee attack the bubble itself. It only takes a couple seconds to pop it with my preferred Prisma Dual Cleavers, and means I don't have to spend energy to refresh Warcry after. I would have thought the same would work with her claws, but perhaps their range is too short.

I was mainly memeing.  It's certainly possible to use her against the corpus.  I just personally find it unfun to fight high level corpus when they can just shut my abilities off at range with those weird dudes on skates.  Really hurts her survivability.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

I was mainly memeing.  It's certainly possible to use her against the corpus.  I just personally find it unfun to fight high level corpus when they can just shut my abilities off at range with those weird dudes on skates.  Really hurts her survivability.

Ikr,for someone with over 2k armour she's suprisingly squishy without her god mode button

Link to post
Share on other sites

If only there was a way to make nullifer fields instantly go pop, like if that drone that pops out of the backpack responsible for creating the nullifies field was some sort of weak point we could shoot at and make it go pop.....

Or if we had a weapon that we could use to nullify nullifer fields... or maybe a mod that i could put on a weapon to destroy nullifier fields.....

*cough*

 

220?cb=20130810114225latest?cb=20171007153306

*cough*

 

Edited by Dabnician
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Ikr,for someone with over 2k armour she's suprisingly squishy without her god mode button

Nothing that Adaptation and a high block weapon can't fix.

6 hours ago, Dabnician said:

If only there was a way to make nullifer fields instantly go pop, like if that drone that pops out of the backpack responsible for creating the nullifies field was some sort of weak point we could shoot at and make it go pop.....

What is this "shoot" action you speak of? Valkyr knows not of this. 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-11-21 at 11:46 AM, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

I've been farming this since forever but I can't get a damn barrel to drop 😞

That sucks you need two cause its used for the pantera if you want keep the miter, take a nekros into the mission and pop a drop rate buff, It took me about an hour of farming to get all the pieces, now I need to do another hour for the barrel cause that's the only piece I also got one of

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...